GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Sure hope you’re right

Draisaitl's comments about our goalie likely already had the team fired up. this is just extra ammo for the coaches to get even more blood flowing. This team is a tight group. I'll be shocked if game 4 isn't our best of the series.

Reactions: nucks88

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Draisaitl's comments about our goalie likely already had the team fired up. this is just extra ammo for the coaches to get even more blood flowing. This team is a tight group. I'll be shocked if game 4 isn't our best of the series.
Yeah they should take the temperature of Miller’s blood….

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Hoglander better draw in in the next game. When he's on , he's one of the best players on the boards on the team. He hits like a truck. He was in the top 15 on 5/5 goals.

But Tocchet loves rewarding his yes-men. That's why Cole was getting so much important ice time. Like the first shift of the 2nd round. And look where it got us.

I have to disagree.

He had a great start to the season, with most of his impressive play coming on the fourth line. He has 0 playoff goals of any type in 8 games, 1 assist, 4 shots on net, -2, under 10 minutes a game, 2 take aways, 1 give away, 1 blocked shot and 9 hits. IN 8 GAMES! That one hit a game better be truck like, but honestly I can't remember a single one, nor do I remember any particularly good, or even decent plays. He's been absolutely non existent and as much of a non factor as someone can possibly be without being an outright detriment.

Here's an old article on his play from early in the playoffs. Nothing has changed.

I have no clue what you're taking about with yes-men. Don't think you know what you're talking about. Cole is the 5th/6th defenseman, he is 5th in ice-time, barely ahead of Soucy. Cole is getting ice-time because he has to. Myers and Hronek are both over 20 minutes, as is Hughes, and Zadorov, who partners with Cole. So Cole gets important minutes when Zadorov gets important minutes. Really all the defence are playing important minutes. No Lundqvist's like on Dallas only playing 4 minutes a game. Tocchet doesn't have "yes-man", he barely has enough players to ice a starting line-up.

Cole has had a couple struggles and could get a rest at one point but we're also 6W-3L with him and all the other "yes-men" :laugh: in the lineup.

Ribbit

Jul 30, 2022
BC
I hope for once the Canuck management will make a f***ing statement about this
I doubt we hear anything out of management unless we get a few more calls like this against us, but I wouldn't doubt Rutherford is talking to the NHL in private. Maybe I'm wrong though.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
For me, the one game isn't the issue. It's ignoring the same action, arguably with more intent, that happens seconds later. Only 2 possible explanations: corruption or incompetence.

Just a reminder that Colin Campbell was entangled with controversy between 2009-2010 and still held a role as Senior Vice President right before the 2011 SCF's but maintained connections to executives during the 2011 SCF's....all while his son was playing in that playoffs...

He did no such thing.
It was sarcasm.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
What shocks me is that long-time Canuck fans are surprised by this. Does nobody remember 2011?

The media is not our friends. Just because they wax poetic about Hughes doesn't mean they will have the Canucks back in these types of situations.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I hope for once the Canuck management will make a f***ing statement about this

Why? Bitch and complain like Gillis and AV back in 2011?

You have Rutherford and Tocchet, who are WELL ESTABLISHED within the NHL political game.
Making a statement for what? It's 1 game, just win game 4.

Complaining to the media, especially when the vultures at TSN and Sportsnet are there ain't gonna do shit. Rutherford has been in this game for too long, he knows.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I doubt we hear anything out of management unless we get a few more calls like this against us, but I wouldn't doubt Rutherford is talking to the NHL in private. Maybe I'm wrong though.
I honestly don't think they *care* right now what the Oilers are saying / doing. The whole mindset in that room seems to be to just go about your business and play the game hard. Don't get too high, don't get too low - just battle and be consistent.

Ribbit

Jul 30, 2022
BC
I honestly don't think they *care* right now what the Oilers are saying / doing. The whole mindset in that room seems to be to just go about your business and play the game hard. Don't get too high, don't get too low - just battle and be consistent.
For sure I think the coaches and players are just going to do what they've been doing; take it one game at a time and don't get too high or too low. I just also think Rutherford could be contacting the league privately at the same time. Maybe he doesn't care either or he knows even privately talking to the league won't do anything here, but that'd be my guess of what happens.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I know Canuck fans dislike us but I am still pulling for you guys to knock Edm out.
I feel like this league bends rules for certain players and DOPS is one big sham.Shame u lost Soucy 1 game but hopefully u don't stop playing their best players hard because of it .McDavid is frustrated u can see it.Good luck to ya'll.

Munber1

Jun 5, 2011
I get upset when I see one or more of the Oiler's players basically just standing around the Canuck net waiting for a pass without a Canuck player closely covering them. How come the Canucks leave the Oilers players open like that, especially when they can see that's how the Oilers get some of their goals. Is that just part of the Canuck's system or is that a Canuck player mistake? Are the Canucks so focussed on chasing McDavid that they forget about checking those open guys? ..because McDavid seems to like getting players to chase him until he finds one of his open teammates to pass to.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
What f***ing horseshit. What's new.

I've never needed a Zadorov goal and a bone crushing hit on McDrai from either him or Miller right now. Any other player and there's nothing. And not to call that Hyman crosscheck? Couldn't be more obvious.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I know Canuck fans dislike us but I am still pulling for you guys to knock Edm out.
I feel like this league bends rules for certain players and DOPS is one big sham.Shame u lost Soucy 1 game but hopefully u don't stop playing their best players hard because of it .McDavid is frustrated u can see it.Good luck to ya'll.
Welcome aboard. My parents met in Calgary, so the city has always had a special place in my mind. Zadorov and Lindholm are both great right now!

Reactions: Jovofan

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Watching these goons and their fan base hand wave away all the infractions and #### they got away with, and bitch and moan about "just 1 game" is revolting.

Grease fans are the absolute worst in professional sports. Honestly, I have no doubt that they would support hiring Carla Humolka as their team's psychologist if they believed it would help their team win. Oiler fans truly have no moral compass or center. After going from five cups in six years to the garbage heap of the league, they became deranged. They're less like fans now and more like feral animals, which is why you see these horses asses fight each other like boozy hogs in their "viewing parties". What they call viewing parties is much more like something out of lord of the flies, but with truck nuts and sweat pants.

I hope they never enjoy another cup because they don't deserve it. Their behavior is disgraceful, and they act like pigs. It's a shame to see such lack of sportsmanship and respect in any fan base.

In short, I hope you guys win game 4 and put this miserable franchise on the brink.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

My personal hatred for Bruins has faded almost entirely, only still dislike Marchand (I know, shocking).

If this is a case of "the enemy of my enemy", I'm all for it.

Sit here and chill for a bit if you wish. Here's a cold one, take it nice and slow:

giphy.gif

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Soucy getting suspended 1 game while Hyman's crosscheck they turn a blind eye at. This league is getting absolutely ridiculous, Hyman showed more intent to injure crosschecking Zadorov. Game 2 was an absolute mockery of officiating. Pettersson boarding, Hughes high stick, Kane 2 slew foots, Hoglanders nut whack. This league is getting rather fishy imo, like someone said above, the league is sheer incompetent or there's corruption going on behind the scenes. With Tim Peel getting busted for calling penalties on a turned on microphone, saying he didn't think it was a penalty, he just needed to call something. It could honestly be either or, especially now that there's betting involved

Anyways I hope the Canucks wipe the floor with these guys tomorrow. I hope the Big Z crushes Draisaitl and makes the Oilers pay. I've had enough of their cocky fans and would absolutely love to eliminate them in game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad