GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Watching these goons and their fan base hand wave away all the infractions and #### they got away with, and bitch and moan about "just 1 game" is revolting.

Grease fans are the absolute worst in professional sports. Honestly, I have no doubt that they would support hiring Carla Humolka as their team's psychologist if they believed it would help their team win. Oiler fans truly have no moral compass or center. After going from five cups in six years to the garbage heap of the league, they became deranged. They're less like fans now and more like feral animals, which is why you see these horses asses fight each other like boozy hogs in their "viewing parties". What they call viewing parties is much more like something out of lord of the flies, but with truck nuts and sweat pants.

I hope they never enjoy another cup because they don't deserve it. Their behavior is disgraceful, and they act like pigs. It's a shame to see such lack of sportsmanship and respect in any fan base.

In short, I hope you guys win game 4 and put this miserable franchise on the brink.

Win or lose, I'm proud of our guys. They've blown pretty much every expectation before the season out of the water, completely.

I'll tell you what I told the Bruins fan, and maybe the Flames/Leafs fans who are lurking around: have seat and chill here a bit if you wish, here's a cold one on the house, take it slow. If this is that which will unite us, even for the briefest of moment, so f***ing be it.
3JH.gif

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This is the crucial point, they can't go out tomorrow and step out of the system to try and make a big hit or make a stupid retaliatory crosscheck or nut shot on an Oiler since they are going to be scrutinizing the next game heavily and just ready to give the Oilers an extended powerplay.
I'm not worried at all. This team has been extremely resilient and level-headed this year. It's maybe the primary difference between this and other years, and I think maybe the biggest advantage they hold over the mentally fragile Oilers team. They will be fine.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I suspect the NHL officiating crew are going to favour Edmonton next game regardless. Any retaliatory or physical play by the Canucks are going to be called.

Edmonton is down in the series and the NHL has a vested interest in prolonging this round.
And they will call it "keeping a lid on things" when really if they were going to do that they needed to start in Game 2 at the latest.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Oilers are rattled.

Win game four and their team will break and we can win yhe series at home Saturday night.

They have two to four effective players (+ ian cole) and basically nothing else after that.
Riding mcdrai+ thirty mins is going to have an effect, soon probably the last half of game four we'll notice oilers slowing down.
Just stop taking penalties and weak arse clearing attempts and van wins this round.

If they panic start Calvin Pickard you know its full frazzle panic mode in oil country.
He's worse than skinner and only a matter of time before we score multiple goals on him.

Go silovs go

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
As an outsider, who used to be a Flames fan before my team came back, I used to hate the Canucks. Bieksa, Burrows, and the fact they were the rival of my team.

But this team is very likeable, and I am genuinely envious how they play for each other. The series clinching last minute against Nashville where the team was throwing their bodies to block pucks for their goaltender was really impressive, and I loudly said , by mysefl watching highlights in the morning "thats the kind of team I wish the Jets were against the avs".

Impressive unity and team chemistry.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I know Canuck fans dislike us but I am still pulling for you guys to knock Edm out.
I feel like this league bends rules for certain players and DOPS is one big sham.Shame u lost Soucy 1 game but hopefully u don't stop playing their best players hard because of it .McDavid is frustrated u can see it.Good luck to ya'll.
Nice. For what it's worth, the Bruins got absolutely jobbed by Bennett not getting any discipline and then pushing the player into Swayman for the winning goal. I hope they win the next couple at least.

And I despise Marchand.

Reactions: Red

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Hyman's intentional cross check to the head getting nothing is what our media should be asking everyone associated with the league about for the remainder of this series.

The Oilers media and their associated simps and worshippers causing a shitstorm over basically nothing for the last 14 hours 100% influenced the outcome and the decision that was made.

I'm fine with Soucy's suspension and its rationale if Hyman also gets 2 games. But he didn't. The NHL bias and media bias against this franchise and the favouritism toward Edmonton is undeniable at this point.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Hyman's intentional cross check to the head getting nothing is what our media should be asking everyone associated with the league about for the remainder of this series.

The Oilers media and their associated simps and worshippers causing a shitstorm over basically nothing for the last 14 hours 100% influenced the outcome and the decision that was made.

I'm fine with Soucy's suspension and its rationale if Hyman also gets 2 games. But he didn't. The NHL bias and media bias against this franchise and the favouritism toward Edmonton is undeniable at this point.
Guy better have his head on a swivel whenever Zad is on the ice next game. Juulsen too, as I think he may be given some kill orders out there.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
This will only motivate the boys to finish even more checks on McDavid and his crew. Hits were 50-30 last game can’t wait to see what they’ll be on Tuesday with Juulsen in.

Rub it in going up 3-1!

Reactions: ziploc

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
So when will DOPS interview Hyman for his crosscheck to the head of Zadorov?

The play was MUCH worse than Soucy in MDavid as Hyman skated into Zadorov with his stick raised

Reactions: SillyRabbit

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I know Canuck fans dislike us but I am still pulling for you guys to knock Edm out.
I feel like this league bends rules for certain players and DOPS is one big sham.Shame u lost Soucy 1 game but hopefully u don't stop playing their best players hard because of it .McDavid is frustrated u can see it.Good luck to ya'll.
I feel like this is karma for cheering for the Bruins last series.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Insane that the nhl doesn't even need to explain why hyman gets no suspension

Hehe, why would those who are incapable of doing anything wrong explain their actions to a bunch of ignorant PEONS that are the orca fans?
:laugh:

I mean, they even gave us their word on the wink wink nudge nudge policy to keeping the zebras in line? What possible reason do we have to question them?
:laugh:

Reactions: Bgav

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Guy better have his head on a swivel whenever Zad is on the ice next game. Juulsen too, as I think he may be given some kill orders out there.
problem with Juulsen is he doesn’t know when and when not to hit someone. He’s given up odd man rushes multiple times this season after rocking somebody

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
So when will DOPS interview Hyman for his crosscheck to the head of Zadorov?

The play was MUCH worse than Soucy in MDavid as Hyman skated into Zadorov with his stick raised
Hyman also boarded Hughes in Game 1.

Nurse boarded Pettersson in Game 2.

Kane slewed footed Hughes in Game 2.

How does Soucy of all people get suspended?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
One game missing Soucy. It’s the McDavid premium. Should have been a fine.
We should be fine though and he gets a bit of a rest as he’s been struggling. Wish it would have been Cole though. 😆

Reactions: Killer Orcas

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
problem with Juulsen is he doesn’t know when and when not to hit someone. He’s given up odd man rushes multiple times this season after rocking somebody
Agreed, I think we are bound to see a few scoring chances result from him chasing a hit. Hopefully it's hitting a guy that's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad