GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Every Oilers writer is trying to re-live their glory days of covering the Gretzky Oilers. It's pathetic. The days of doing coke with Mark Messier are over and will never happen again, and the current iteration of the Oilers hate their guts for asking braindead questions after every game.
Yep. As you walk towards the main entrance of Rogers Place , they have huge murals of each cup win on the side of the building. Then the last mural is the draft of McDavid. They really think that it's written in the stars that they will relive the 80's glory.
I have to disagree.

He had a great start to the season, with most of his impressive play coming on the fourth line. He has 0 playoff goals of any type in 8 games, 1 assist, 4 shots on net, -2, under 10 minutes a game, 2 take aways, 1 give away, 1 blocked shot and 9 hits. IN 8 GAMES! That one hit a game better be truck like, but honestly I can't remember a single one, nor do I remember any particularly good, or even decent plays. He's been absolutely non existent and as much of a non factor as someone can possibly be without being an outright detriment.

Here's an old article on his play from early in the playoffs. Nothing has changed.

I have no clue what you're taking about with yes-men. Don't think you know what you're talking about. Cole is the 5th/6th defenseman, he is 5th in ice-time, barely ahead of Soucy. Cole is getting ice-time because he has to. Myers and Hronek are both over 20 minutes, as is Hughes, and Zadorov, who partners with Cole. So Cole gets important minutes when Zadorov gets important minutes. Really all the defence are playing important minutes. No Lundqvist's like on Dallas only playing 4 minutes a game. Tocchet doesn't have "yes-man", he barely has enough players to ice a starting line-up.

Cole has had a couple struggles and could get a rest at one point but we're also 6W-3L with him and all the other "yes-men" :laugh: in the lineup.
The days of questioning if Hoglander is an NHL player are over. But that's what you are doing. NHL players have bad games and stretches. So what.

On his day, Hogs can get 5 on 5 goals against good teams. Karrlson can't do that.

Reactions: God

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
From what I’ve read, 90%+ of neutral fans are saying this a joke.

There’s even a lot of Oiler fans saying this shouldn’t be a suspension otherwise Hyman should be suspended too.

The DOPS being a complete embarrassment and a joke seems to be a universal belief amongst all NHL fans.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I gotta admit, I couldn't resist the urge of lurking Calgarypuck and never in my lifetime I imagined the Canucks being spoken well of over there. Wishing for the Oilers to fail trumps all, I suppose...
Flames fans been cool as hell. I gained respect for them, especially compared to oilers fans. No fan base is as unbearable as them

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Flames fans been cool as hell. I gained respect for them, especially compared to oilers fans. No fan base is as unbearable as them
1715640364224.png

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I gotta admit, I couldn't resist the urge of lurking Calgarypuck and never in my lifetime I imagined the Canucks being spoken well of over there. Wishing for the Oilers to fail trumps all, I suppose...
Good idea. I set up a troll account there long ago. I'm gonna try and log in. (I won't be a d*ck)

Even on the main board, they are cheering for Zad and Lindy.

Just like the Bennett non-suspension and blatant favouritism, you just know Hyman will score a crucial goal tomorrow after his non-suspension and blatant favouritism.
Yeah Jewish Cheechoo will probably get us

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Good idea. I set up a troll account there long ago. I'm gonna try and log in. (I won't be a d*ck)

Even on the main board, they are cheering for Zad and Lindy.
I will allow you to be a saucy hyman tho

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The unfortunate part for the Oilers is that Cole gets slotted back to the left side where he is more comfortable and Juulsen draws back in on the right side.

Juulsen is the second hardest hitter on the team after Zadorov, so it should be interesting.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
The unfortunate part for the Oilers is that Cole gets slotted back to the left side where he is more comfortable and Juulsen draws back in on the right side.

Juulsen is the second hardest hitter on the team after Zadorov, so it should be interesting.
I argue Juuls is a better pure hitter than Zadorov the way Juulsen lines people up is actually quite awesome

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
i hope this suspension wont stop vancouver from playing their game

need to hit and bully mcdavid as much as we can to wear him down

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So:

Hughes Hronek
Cole Myers
Zadorov Juulsen

??

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Can't stress this enough, ignore the distraction.
I'm sure the locker room is hearing it but they can't lose focus on what's at hand in game 4.

Reactions: timw33

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Yep. As you walk towards the main entrance of Rogers Place , they have huge murals of each cup win on the side of the building. Then the last mural is the draft of McDavid. They really think that it's written in the stars that they will relive the 80's glory.

The days of questioning if Hoglander is an NHL player are over. But that's what you are doing. NHL players have bad games and stretches. So what.

On his day, Hogs can get 5 on 5 goals against good teams. Karrlson can't do that.
Only person responsible for Hoglanders benching is hoglander himself with abysmal play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad