GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Z/Myers are good together, depending on how the game goes I think Tocc will send these two out together a lot and shelter Cole/Juulsen.
That pairing pictured here, with Garland in between:

1715641973654.png

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
It’s trial by media. When you have guys like Seravalli, Spector and Button droning on about the incident and declaring that it would a travesty if no suspension was dealt out and that the league would have “failed in doing their job”, that puts pressure on the league to do something.

Meanwhile these guys made zero mention of Hyman’s cross check. In fact, if it weren’t for Dan Murphy there would be no media mention at all.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
It’s trial by media. When you have guys like Seravalli, Spector and Button droning on about the incident and declaring that it would a travesty if no suspension was dealt out and that the league would have “failed in doing their job”, that puts pressure on the league to do something.

Meanwhile these guys made zero mention of Hyman’s cross check. In fact, if it weren’t for Dan Murphy there would be no media mention at all.
Yup the media is absolutely pathetic. Bunch of spineless :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: that suck off McDavid and the league office at every turn.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

All 3 of Soucy,Z,and McDavid committed fouls..two got penalized (fined/suspended),and the star player got nothing..not even a meaningless fine.

What does that tell you. ?

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site

It really is media effects. It's night and day. The Oilers media has been crying and crying and crying without pause since the game ended and have been spamming a clip out that has the beginning and end of the confrontation deliberately edited out everywhere. Meanwhile our media calls the Hyman cross check clean only because they don't want to be seen as whiners.

I'll give it to that trash team. They sure know how to game the NHL.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
It really is media effects. It's night and day. The Oilers media has been crying and crying and crying without pause since the game ended and have been spamming a clip out that has the beginning and end of the confrontation deliberately edited out everywhere. Meanwhile our media calls the Hyman cross check clean only because they don't want to be seen as whiners.

I'll give it to that trash team. They sure know how to game the NHL.
Sucks that Jim Rutherford wasn’t able to lobby the league for a lesser punishment.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I know this fan base is jaded and suspicious of anything to do with the referees or DoPS—and perhaps rightfully so.

But it seems to me that Tocchet and Canucks management is choosing to keep their feedback to themselves or away from the media.

I trust that Rutherford knows how to play the long game.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
At some point, karma will catch up to a player that never fights, always whines, and gets unlimited protection from the league.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
No Soucy means more minutes for Cole, hopefully he has his best game of the series.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
If we're gonna be honest, Soucey has been a liability this series. Suspending him even a game, gives the team a rallying point and Sous won't be in the ice.

Win win.

Reactions: mdobbs

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
So Ian Cole moves over to his strong side, and up with Myers. Hopefully that reverse jinxes the bounce in goals off his chest, and he plays his best game.

This also means Juulsen draws in. Which kinda sucks for them, because he sure can hit when he wants. Averaged twice as many per game as Soucy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad