GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Holy mother of overreaction batman. Oiler fans are comparing Soucy's crosscheck to Bertuzzi assaulting Moore. Apparently, we hired gorillas. There are reaches then there's hi-fiving mars.

When that's the comparison you want to make. I don't wanna hear a single word about how we complain about the refs too much.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Hitting a baby

1715659516465.jpeg

Holy mother of overreaction batman. Oiler fans are comparing Soucy's crosscheck to Bertuzzi assaulting Moore. Apparently, we hired gorillas. There are reaches then there's hi-fiving the mars.

When that's the comparison you want to make. I don't wanna hear a single word about how we complain about the refs too much.

the fanbase that venerates mark messier no less

(timestamp 3 mins, 19 secs)

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Holy mother of overreaction batman. Oiler fans are comparing Soucy's crosscheck to Bertuzzi assaulting Moore. Apparently, we hired gorillas. There are reaches then there's hi-fiving the mars.

They are the most delusional fan base ever

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
If Edmonton goes to Pickard, we have the perfect opportunity to break them. Show up tomorrow and light him up. Winning that game, especially after the McDavid nonsense and I think they're dead. No more excuses that Skinner is the only reason they're losing.

We need a huge effort tomorrow to show we're just the better team and not simply taking advantage of a bad goalie.
We beat Saros. Those people can think whatever the f*** they want. We don't need the Oilers to prove we can beat a good goalie. All it proves is that Edmonton is poorly constructed around McDrai and that they can't play enough defence to insulate their starter.

The way people talk about them it's as if they aren't just McDrai and one decent defense pair.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've watched 180+ straight minutes of the Edmonton Oilers and I think I only know the names of like 6 of their skaters.
I'm normally extremely anxious during playoff games but this series has been hilarious because I've alternated between being a complete wreck any time the 2/14/18/29/97 unit is on the ice and being completely calm/relaxed/inattentive otherwise.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
i find it crazy how much sway the f***ing media has with league decisions on discipline. They all harped on about Soucy but ignored Hyman’s. Was listening to the Toronto broadcast this afternoon and one of the four said that Hyman should have gotten the same suspension and the other three said he was crazy for “reasons.” Truly a hack job.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i hope juuelsson keeps it simple blocks shots but if hes going for hits he usually out of position. maybe if the oncoming player is rushing down near the boards then he can catch them on the walls. he will be okay tmr. 12-14mins. cole to his natural side.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
It was obvious he’s going to get a suspension, you can’t cross check someone accidentally or not in the face after the game.

Especially McDavid who’s the biggest whiner in the league.

The real question is how many games, I’m thinking one, but I would not be surprised if it’s multiple

Apparently you can, as Hyman did on Zadorov.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Bring in McSorely, Simon and Bertuzzi, play them all McDavids first shift, enjoy the show, and make a necklace out of his teeth.

Seriously though, it's messed up that Soucy is suspended for probably the tamest of the non-hockey plays in the series so far.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Oilers aren't gonna challenge Zadorov, but they definitely will up the stupid factor as a "response".

It all depends who the refs are, Sutherland already did a game last night in Colorado, so he can't make it to Edmonton in time.

If the game stays a clean 5 on 5 game, I like our chances.
If we get PPs because Oilers do stupid stuff, and the refs have to had Oilers PP to even it out, I don't like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad