GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's beyond crazy that Oilers fans are also running a narrative that the officiating is against them.

I guess we all have our lenses though.

I think it's hilarious given Spector's article about the Canucks, institutional surrender, and it being a uniquely Canuck thing to think the officiating is working against you.

Not that we needed more evidence that he's an idiot, but there it is.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Looking through the playoff stats I was suprised to see that Soucy is #6 in dmen minutes, a few seconds under Cole. I thought Soucy was our #3 for the first half of the season. O well, he was limping maybe needs a rest, would love to see the oilers try some revenge to see it handed back to them. McFirstLine must be getting worn out with all those minutes. Pound away on these NHL darlings :yo:

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
If Hoglander gets back in, it should be for Lafferty. Hoglander had a ton of success from the bottom 6, and we haven't really been getting much production from that line.

Give Karlsson and Aman in. Both earned another cap.

That Petey video above made me equal parts pumped and sad. At this point, if he keeps playing good defense AND we keepeinning, it is what it is I guess.

SopelFanThe3rd, sorry to hear bro. Get your support system in line now. Know who you can talk to, whether that's parents, friends, or even someone on these boards. Your emotions are going to go through a wringer, and having some idea who you are going to reach out to when you are in a valley can make a big difference.
my parents are going to Portugal for 3 weeks tomorrow so I am not going to tell them and ruin their trip.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Need to keep Karlsson in the line-up. Garland gave him the game puck last game. Who hands out the puck next if you win? You don’t mess with the hockey gods that way.

Also, I think Garland knew what he was doing giving the puck to who he did. Players recognized Karlsson was playing the right way—and implicitly that the player he was replacing was not

i kind of agree, but there’s also the precedent of cup winning teams with the right amount of depth to rotate young players in the same lineup spot, depending on matchup (home/away/momentum/opponent) or just literally alternating them unless one gets hot so there’s always a fresh set of legs and hungry young guy back in the lineup energy.

i don’t know that that isn’t a bad idea here, viz hog and linus

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I want to know how that cross check to Zadorov goes unpunished.That man needed stitches.Geirge Parros obviously plays favorites outside the facts and should be forced to resign

Hey! Can't you read? You ignorant PEON!

What did I just type????

NO ONE TOUCHES MCDAVID!

mafia-biz-orig.jpg

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Difference between the two teams

One is playing their third string goaltender because of injuries and he kept the net.
The other team has no confidence in their first two goalies.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I want to know how that cross check to Zadorov goes unpunished.That man needed stitches.George Parros obviously plays favorites outside the facts and should be forced to resign
I literally heard a reporter last night say it wasn't that big a deal because Zadorov "didn't fall down" It's actually hilarious the double standards coming out of people's mouths regarding this series.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It is a travesty. I would have no issue with Soucy's suspension if the other incidents had also at least merited some kind of attention, penalty, fine, or suspension. It certainly appears that there is a McFavoured situation happening here, and that has been explicit at least in the media: "You have to protect the best player on earth." Ok, but the Department of Player Safety is not called the Department of McDavid Safety. Soucy is no repeat offender - Kane absolutely is. And if the remit is to protect stars, what is Quinn Hughes? For that matter, all ratness aside, what is Marchand? It's beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: sting101

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It amazes me that the Oilers have Stecher waiting in the wings and refuse to play him. Better for us, but man, Stecher has that dawg in him and has been a stout playoff performer whenever called upon.
Stetcher or Broberg seem to be better options than Ceci.

Glad they are keeping Ceci in.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I've been trying desperately for 2 years to hold it together and save it while mom has f***ed off and left the kids and me constantly. It has been exhausting... but now it feels really real. Sucks cuz I was working so hard at keeping it together, while she was getting over it. So now I am way behind in the "moving on" dept.
Keep going man. Be kind to yourself, which is probably the best way of being kind to your kids as well. And there is no timeline (happily and sadly) for moving on. Really hope the best for you, and hope you have some good folk around you to hang out with.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Randip’s saying Henrique is out…

Broberg isn’t a better option than their other guys but these moves on the margins do not matter. Nashville won the game Barrie played.

Feels like Edmonton’s season rests on tonight while we still have 2-2 to fall back on. I don’t think I’d say their season rests on tonight if they didn’t go to Pickard but that shatters the mental if he doesn’t perform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad