GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Gonna miss another game due to work, this time around I was actually told not to lurk the game while working damn it. Zadorov's a legend, Juulsen will be sturdy enough and Petey will break his slump. 4-2 nucks.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Toch says there could be another lineup change beside Juulsen in for Soucy.

I hope its not injury related.

Maybe Podkolzin for Mikhayev?

Mikheyev is way too good defensively to swap out for Podkolzin, Lafferty is more likely.

Getting Podkolzin or Hoglander in for the 4th line could give them some jump finally.

Reactions: Jovofan

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Randip’s saying Henrique is out…

Broberg isn’t a better option than their other guys but these moves on the margins do not matter. Nashville won the game Barrie played.

Feels like Edmonton’s season rests on tonight while we still have 2-2 to fall back on. I don’t think I’d say their season rests on tonight if they didn’t go to Pickard but that shatters the mental if he doesn’t perform

absolutely. on one hand, it sort of feels like this is their "go to schneider to give luongo a mental break"... except with calvin pickard and stuart skinner lmao

but on the other, it feels like they're f***ed either way, tbh. either pickard wins for them... and then they have to play the rest of the series with pickard (who sucks), or go back to a shaken confidence skinner for an elimination game... or they lose tonight and they're back to van for game 5 with one of the two in an elimination game.

going with broberg over stecher does seem suspicious too. an LD as #7 makes no sense when you have 3 of your theoretical 4 best defenseman on that side...unless ekholm can't play full minutes.

Reactions: Hodgy and Peen

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Need to keep hitting him all game. Make life hell for that dude and their defence will crumble
Fully agree. Canucks need to play under the impression that this is 7 games and they MUST finish every check on Drai and EK.

Dump it on his side every single time and finish the check. Over and over.

Reactions: DimitriL07 and Bgav

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Honestly, I’m just happy to be here. Even if the Canucks went on to lose every game from here on out I would be happy with this season. All of the pressure is on Edmonton. This was supposed to be a bubble team at best, and now they have a chance to take a commanding lead in the series against a team that was supposed to roll the Pacific.

No idea how the Coilers will respond. This core has proven itself so far, but can they really take out this two headed hydra?

I'm right there with you. This season has already been a massive success. Only reason I feel nervous is because knocking the Oilers out of the playoffs would be the funniest outcome possible.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Need to keep hitting him all game. Make life hell for that dude and their defence will crumble
I feel like they already are. LA did a pretty good job and we're just adding to hit. The Oilers are starting to look like they have eyes in the back of their heads. I see a lot of stopping short and dumping to avoid the hit. If we can keep it up I see them running out of gas.

Reactions: Bgav

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I feel like they already are. LA did a pretty good job and we're just adding to hit. The Oilers are starting to look like they have eyes in the back of their heads. I see a lot of stopping short and dumping to avoid the hit. If we can keep it up I see them running out of gas.

If they avoid contact when we dump the puck in, that's how our forecheck can win pucks and score goals.

Reactions: MikeK

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
my parents are going to Portugal for 3 weeks tomorrow so I am not going to tell them and ruin their trip.
Yeah telling my parents wasn't great, my dad didnt help at all with his remarks. 25 years ago. Be there as much as you can for the kids, hope you get to see them a decent amount. I was lucky in that I was coach for my youngest's soccer team, and asst coach for the older one's. So I got them every other weekend, and for a few years saw them a few times a week, until I took a job in the states. (My dad pretty much realized in a short period of time that the marriage was in way worse shape than he knew, and sort of apologized. Shit happens)

Good luck with it. Hope it works out well.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Honestly, I’m just happy to be here. Even if the Canucks went on to lose every game from here on out I would be happy with this season. All of the pressure is on Edmonton. This was supposed to be a bubble team at best, and now they have a chance to take a commanding lead in the series against a team that was supposed to roll the Pacific.

No idea how the Coilers will respond. This core has proven itself so far, but can they really take out this two headed hydra?

This is my take as well. Would it be amazing to oust the Oilers? Of course. But at the end of the day, virtually nobody had us even making the playoffs much less winning the division. Even when we did, plenty picked our series for the upset and once again no one gave us the slightest prayer against Edmonton.

If we wind up losing, it's still one hell of a season.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'm right there with you. This season has already been a massive success. Only reason I feel nervous is because knocking the Oilers out of the playoffs would be the funniest outcome possible.

i don't think the oilers are winning 3 of 4. and even if they do, they're f***ed next round, because draisaitl is hurt, mcdavid is playing 30 mins a game and ekholm might be banged up too. oh and they don't have a goalie. why bring this up? because they're cashing in every chip right now and still losing.

it's weird having a canucks team that's not only winning, but doing so without some of our biggest weapons. this isn't the 2011 scf game 2 luongo shutout in overtime. it's not kesler going apeshit on nashville or the sedins decimating sj. it's like, our top winger (boes), third line c (lindy), middle-6 winger (dak), #4/5 d (zad), and third string goalie that are the difference in this series.

we still have a demko card to play. pettersson. hughes with some rest has more to give. hronek is quiet. any of those guys heating up not only ends this series, but gives us a path to winning the next one.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Draisaitl hurting, now Ekholm. Pickard is starting. Things are looking good. If the Canucks come out hard, hitting everything that moves without taking dumb penalties. I like our chances.

Reactions: MikeK

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
Draisaitl hurting, now Ekholm. Pickard is starting. Things are looking good. If the Canucks come out hard, hitting everything that moves without taking dumb penalties. I like our chances.

I wouldn't read too much into whatever Draisaitl's injury is..doesn't seem like it's holding him back too much. He's still putting up points (and hitting posts).

Reactions: PavelBure10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad