GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Play the players you got.

I have more questions about how or why management didn’t make a single move at the deadline to help Pettersson’s line. Not even signing Kessel.
It has F all to do with the players. It is the lines they are assembled on.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
The Predators winning Game 5 was so detrimental to this team's chances of going on a run. They were already banged up and the Oilers were resting.
What are you talking about. If losing one game when ur up and u end up winning the series is detrimental to ur chance of going on a run. You never had a chance of going on a run to begin with.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I'm trying not to be doom and gloom here (truly) but I've seen enough hockey where fumbling 6 mins of PP time like that can completely swing a game/series.

All we did was give the Oilers confidence there. We need some big plays to take momentum back now. Gotta punch back hard here.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Need to keep pace with the Oilers and keep our foot on the gas. Obviously Oilers were going to come out heated. We're lucky its only a 1 goal game so far. Our PP needs some life but IMO a boon in that we got those minutes with no McBaby on the ice. We're the better team 5v5 and just have to keep bringing it

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
For all the talk about Pettersson, Hughes hasn't been the same since taking those big hits vs. the Predators. And particularly not since Hyman put him headfirst into the boards.

A ghost of Pettersson, a banged up Hughes, and no Demko does not bode well for this team's chances to win at any point in the season.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Oilers strategy:

Bottom six forces an offensive zone draw.

Top line wins the faceoff and spends 90 seconds of time in the zone, eventually drawing a penalty.

Top line stays out for the full 2 minutes, McDavid darts around a bunch to tire everyone out.

Draisaitl is somehow left open, McDavid cuts to the middle and passes to Draisaitl, who shoots a one timer short side.

They have done this four times in this series and scored every time.

I don't understand why are PKers are just standing there allowing the Oilers all that time. EDM are basically in practice during the PK allowed to setup every play. It's astonishing to me that the Canucks are doing this. No wonder the Oilers keep scoring on the PP. It's basically a PP practice session. The reason our PP sucked so bad was because EDM was pressuring ever player with the puck. We had no time to setup a thing.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I honestly cannot believe that the reason we might get eliminated has absolutely nothing to do with us losing our #1 Vezina nominated goaltender.

Reactions: PavelBure10

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Petey upset because Tochett doesn’t let him play video games anymore during the playoffs. Poor boy needs his confidence from playing with the boys on fortnite.
PETEY has been awful 2 weeks prior to his contract. I don't get why everyone thinks he just disappeared in the playoffs

Reactions: calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad