GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hog deserves another chance and I wouldn't say he's been awful this series. His analytic numbers are all very good this series. You can't honestly tell me that Karlsson, Aman, Lafferty are better options.
Yeah maybe your right awful is the wrong word. Hes been uninspiring for what hes expected to bring. He definitely deserves another chance, and i hope he comes back with a vengeance and i believe he should have been in instead of Lafferty but maybe Coach Tocchet has seen something in Laffery I missed because I thought he should have been the odd man out this game

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
EP looks like he’s skating in quicksand at ES and kills momentum on the PP by throwing pucks into contested areas constantly, zero creativity.

I’d like to see Garland in his spot on the first unit to see if he can help with zone entries. Not sure what you can do at ES other than shelter him and limit his ice time. Just an unbelievable state of affairs and we are lucky so many other players have picked up the slack.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hoglander had 24 even strength goals and has been a complete non-factor in this run. Probably the biggest disappointment of all. We could desperately use that scoring depth right now.

Guy chose cardio more than anything, he brought nothing this post season.
We can probably fit him in probably next game.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Imagine how demoralizing it is when one of your teammates and best players on the team is always falling on the ice. Like maybe get a little bit stronger Petey....

Reactions: I am toxic

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
This could so easily be 3-0 Oilers, and over tonight.

They should have won Game 1 but Skinner shit his pants.

They won Game 2.

They should have won Game 3 but Skinner shit his pants.

And they're winning tonight. We don't have an answer for their top line, and our best players are clearly injured.
Lmao same happened with preds expected hard push early from oil .
Canucks only down 1 and played a horrible period get going get back to playing nuck hockey

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
He’s gotta come off PP1.

Just a massive net negative there.

Compete level looks like preseason.
I really am beginning to wonder if his compete level this post-season is going to leave a sour taste in management’s mouth.

His NTC/NMC doesn’t begin until 2025-26. It’s not out of the question that they PK Subban him like Montreal did.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Imagine how demoralizing it is when one of your teammates and best players on the team is always falling on the ice. Like maybe get a little bit stronger Petey....

At this point I almost hope he's playing hurt. Easier to fix that than if it's a mental thing.

Reactions: Jay26

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
The doom and gloom here after one period is a little much.

The team has made some incredible accomplishments to get here and is up in the series. They're down a goal and can make it interesting by playing as they've down before.

We can't match McDrai but the Oilers played two desperate games and only managed to split 1-goal games. Finding ways to win over and over is impressive.

The only sustaining concern is the PP and Pettersson's compete level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad