GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
After the first they were lucky to only be down 1-0. Deserved better that period, was played pretty even overall.

Don't really blame Juulsen there, that's just who he is as a player. Great 7th guy who you can rely on to play steady and physical, but his hockey IQ is the reason he's a #7 and not an every day player.

Oilers look a lot more calm and composed in their own zone today, likely because their goalie doesn't look like a complete tire fire every time we get a chance.

I get the Petey bashing, he's been invisible, but man every time I look at his linemates I just laugh. Lafferty and Ilya on the forecheck both chasing the same guy, constantly out of position, and barely winning any puck battles.

Any time Petey has a split second to make a play, no one's where they're supposed to be offensively, it's a complete shit show. There's a reason his play went into the tank post all star break, and it's because he was off the lotto line and had no Kuzmenko (who, for all his warts defensively, knew what to do in the o-zone).

I don't know what Tocchet is supposed to do here though, he's doing the best he can with the horses he's been given.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Knoblauch is a very good coach. He's making some solid adjustments and it's paying off.

How is he a good coach, he’s down in a series because his entire strategy was playing 5 players 30 minutes per night. Not doing that just makes you not a total dumb ass.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
When will Tocc take Mikheyev off Pettersson’s wing, he’s an anchor.

Juulsen lol we all knew he was going to do something stupid, low low IQ

Reactions: calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Mikheyev hasn't done jack all for half the season yet he's on the Pettersson line.
We need to stop expecting them to snap out of it, expect nothing and they'll probably score.

The lines need to be adjusted come third period.

Reactions: calnuck

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
We haven't even tested Pick yet. Which can work in our favor in the 3rd. Worst case we lose and he starts in Vancouver and we finally show up and light him up!

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
From some of the comments in here I had to check to make sure there's still a period to play. Doesn't look good, but I'm glad the team has more intestinal fortitude than some of its fans...

Reactions: alternate

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Atp its on the coaching staff for not making sure juulsen doesn't do stupid shit like that

Its so f***ing predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad