GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Hope you guys feel better soon, man, and hope the Canucks deliver good vibes tomorrow to help you both on the road to recovery!
thank you. Sadly she doesn't give a damn, other than the fact it makes me happy.

Amusing side note, the only sport she likes to watch is Aussie rules. Everything else, whether it be NFL or NHL etc she can't watch 5 minutes without being pissed off at the reffing.

Edit - she tries to watch, and goes how the f*** do they not call that? Why are the rules different in the post season? And this is a women born in TX, from a very disadvantaged family, and grew up in Central California, and basically never watched a hockey game until we hooked up 20 years ago.

Re -edit ... I suspect the enjoyment of Aussie rules is that it a sport of continuous entertainment, and her being 70 maker her like the fact that they are in very good shape. And I may be wrong, but I think it has more fans Than any other sport but cricket ....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Killer Orcas

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not sure why there’s talk about Dallas right now. We have a game to play tonight and if we lose, we could be up for elimination.

Focus on the task at hand.
Sometimes when I read comments like this, I want to play devil's advocate and argue that even if we hypothetically got eliminated by Edmonton, it would still be perfectly reasonable at that point to discuss hypotheticals about our approach against Dallas for the fun of it, and that what we're calling "looking ahead" really has no bearing on the outcome either way, so your seemingly level-headed sentiment can almost be looked at as weird superstition/insecurity/projection on your part, in a round-about way. =P

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
thank you. Sadly she doesn't give a damn, other than the fact it makes me happy.

Amusing side note, the only sport she likes to watch is Aussie rules. Everything else, whether it be NFL or NHL etc she can't watch 5 minutes without being pissed off at the reffing.

Edit - she tries to watch, and goes how the f*** do they not call that? Why are the rules different in the post season? And this is a women born in TX, from a very disadvantaged family, and grew up in Central California, and basically never watched a hockey game until we hooked up 20 years ago.

Aussie rules is such absolute f***ing confusing carnage that there is no possible way to tell if the refs are doing a good job.

Go Crows!

Reactions: ChilliBilly

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
why would that strategy hurt?

Is that "baseball"? Baseball doesn't exist.
Why do you say that??

Two teams that both hit a dead-end in the previous season and had obvious changes needed but management literally did nothing except small backward steps and you can tell the whole vibe around you the team from the players out is that it’s a lost year pretty much from the start.

Reactions: Vector

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
What are you guys talking about 'weather an early storm'. It's the other way around. We have them on the ropes, anxious to get back at us, and nervous in front of their own fans. We looked tragically mistake prone at the beginning of game 5.

Go in there and take the game to them. There is no weathering of a storm that is loser mentality. We are the team to beat tonight.

Let's GOOOOoOOoOOoOOOOOO!!!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
From all the talk, it directly means 97 is going to put on his leaf jammies and request a trade there after tonight.

Hypothetically. Would you accept a trade that involved 97 if it meant you had to take Darnell Nurse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad