GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That wasn’t an icing. I PVR’ed it and the Canuck was clearly the first to the hash marks.
I don’t agree with this. We didn’t have the first angle to the puck. We were always going to be second to it even if we won the race to the hashmarks

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
I don’t agree with this. We didn’t have the first angle to the puck. We were always going to be second to it even if we won the race to the hashmarks
That doesn't matter it's first the hasmarks is the rule, not who would get to the puck first

Reactions: Nomobo

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
That was about the definition of goalie interference in the blue paint. Doesn’t even need to be reviewed.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You absolutely 100% cannot ice that puck, whoever that defenceman is can f*** off.

I'm assuming it was Cole
Myers, but as @MS pointed out, it was a mistake icing call as Bleuger was the first one there. But still Myers had no need to send the puck down there. That kind of mistake cannot happen again

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Good period overall…Myers could have been called for interference a couple of times so we dodged a bullet there. We were unlucky to not score on a couple of attempts but this is a good road period.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Easy no goal. McDavid entered the blue on his own before Blueger touched him.

But what the f*** was that icing by Myers (? I think). Absolutely brain dead play there.

Other than that (and the PP) a great 1st period. Crank it up and grind grind grind.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Good period overall, we erased one huge mistake by the captain. Also Silovs still had a shot at stopping it, pretty standard move and he didn't cover the low part of the net effectively or early enough.

Oilers again like the Leafs trying to act tough but really ends up being a bunch of dirty plays. Hopefully they aren't allowed to get away with it too much longer, Desharnais and Janmark in particular with too much head contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad