GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Silovs can't get into position within the crease because of McDavid who really just drifts in with Blueger without really trying to reposition himself.

Not as controversial as last night which was fully outside of the crease.

Reactions: mossey3535

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That doesn't matter it's first the hasmarks is the rule, not who would get to the puck first
It’s never ever been called that way because it would create a stupid precedent where players would dive on the opposite side of the ice even if they’re not close to the puck so that they’d “win” the hashmarks race.

It’s always been called as most likely to win the race when they hit the hashmarks, and that’s absolutely the way it should be.

Reactions: mossey3535

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
A love the "Suter grinds McDavid against Silovs". No, McDavid skates right into the crease and Suter try pushing hom out of the way.

Don't stand in the crease
The mental gymnastics these bozos are doing to do justify mcdavid comitting a blatant goalie interference
?????? They said it was an obvious no goal and went right to commercial, unless I missed something else
Whoever the doofus is that’s across from Subban was trying really hard to argue that it was a good goal

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Getting out of that period with the score tied is a positive. Oilers had a lot more jump, but the few times we got the puck into their end and it WASN’T a PP they scrambled defensively.

Too bad our PP looked so bad until that one chance we flubbed. Missed opportunity.

Reactions: crazychimp

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don’t agree with this. We didn’t have the first angle to the puck. We were always going to be second to it even if we won the race to the hashmarks

If I had a nickel for every time this year a Canuck was going to get to an icing but an opposition player hit the hash marks first so it was called icing I’d be able to buy myself a nice burger. With bacon, and everything.

Reactions: Vector

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
If I had a nickel for every time this year a Canuck was going to get to an icing but an opposition player hit the hash marks first I’d be able to buy myself a nice burger. With bacon, and everything.

That's like 500 nickels o_O

• Haha
Reactions: MS

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess on the road you take a 1-1 first period. But that brain-dead icing call with 15.4 seconds left almost cost them the go-ahead goal.

Pettersson is coming on....might have been the Canucks most dangerous forward.....but Hughes, on the other hand, just a tough period. I really thought he'd be a 'difference-maker' the way he can spread out the ice,

But the Oilers have shut him down, and like the Preds have pounded him physically. It's really starting to take its toll, particularly in the D-zone.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Mcdavid goes into the crease engaged with Blueger but it's on him to make some attempt to leave the crease. He also subtly shifts backwards and raises his arm to catch Silovs. If it was really a good goal, the Oilers video staff would have called down to challenge it.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If I had a nickel for every time this year a Canuck was going to get to an icing but an opposition player hit the hash marks first so it was called icing I’d be able to buy myself a nice burger. With bacon, and everything.
Well that’s a different story ha

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm liking the game so far, the Canucks are playing well. Would love to see more shots taken on Skinner. A little worried aboutbthev2 even up penalties coming aswell.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Good road period. The Coilers don't look that great. I expect the Canucks to push more in the second. It's raining here like it does in Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad