GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I think Tocchet tells them, they just don't do it consistently. It's not a new concept. They are just inconsistent in executing it.

People have lauded the big dmen for the Canucks, but they are slow in decision making when trying to break the puck out. It starts with them. Then the forwards fail to support properly.
Agree to disagree. Not sure what you are looking at, I don't see any signs of what you're describing.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This completely sucks. But that's the benefit of being up 3-2 in the series. We allowed ourselves a freeby. Now let's get em.

It's not just the loss, but the way they're losing is extremely concerning. McDavid woke up, Hyman broke a slump, Canucks got absolutely nothing done on the powerplay, Silovs looked human, Skinner has been barely tested but steady, and now you're going home with all of the pressure to close out.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Giving me some 2011 Boston PTSD...
Canucks can only. Barely squeak in 1 goal wins. But other team can completely dominate us.

I know that's not how this series went. But dropping the last 2 game by blowouts seem very plausible.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
It's weird. For such a plucky and resilient team they sure play for most stretches like they're not sure if they deserve to be there. They have the talent to command the puck yet they can't get anything going. Starts with Hughes.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
If anything, it's a hail Mary just to change something to spark life back into this team...

I'm not sure if Silovs can be rock solid again for next game. Seems like Edmonton has full confidence they can pick him a part now. Put Demko in and maybe Edmonton might have newfound doubt.
Almost every goal tonight was a pretty weak goal. It's no shame after how well he's played that he's either mentally or physically fatigued. Or both.

Reactions: AzNightmare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad