GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm pumped that its Pickard. KK finally avoids the fatal mistake of his predecessor.

Starting Pickard is right move because Canucks have demonstrated they have book on Skinner through 7 games. How much track we need to suss that out.

Oilers will play their best game of series and win. They will remove doubt early.

As if the reason we are down is the D shitting the bed.

Just get on board with the team anytime. The team has been mostly fine. One player has not been.

This game probably will demonstrate what even a modicum of stops does for a team.

As if defence doesn’t play a role in goals against. I’m not excusing Nurse and Ceci’s egregious mistakes this series, but you can and will to put everything on Skinner with inaccurate reads of even what happened on goals against. But I do agree that the team is playing well. We can take over games when we press and have demonstrated that against these Nucks for 20-40 minutes at a time. Do that and play solid defensively and we should be able to beat the Nucks consistently.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Just Sit Ceci.

Or move Kulak to the right side and play him with Nurse. Kulak has played off side in flashes before and has done ok. Broberg - Ceci bottom pair with Desharnais shuffling in on the kill (assuming he is playing hurt).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ceci is minus -8 and Nurse is -6 and it's not only a stat it's the truth of how pathetic that pairing is. They don't hit! They're not physical! They're out of position ALL the time! They dont read plays! They suck at pinching! They cant break the cycle! They give the puck up all the time! Combine those two with a non confident.. below average net minder and it's a disaster. Stetcher needs to replace Ceci at the very least. I'd almost go Broberg and Stetcher paired up because it couldn't possibly get any worse.

Oh.. let's Go Oil!

Good for Picks getting the start!
Heiskanen was -6 before last game despite being the best D in the playoffs. Now I'm not saying that to absolve anyone just that so much is featured in what results can be. For instance the Oilers are loading up and Ek and Booch get the lionshare of top minutes with McDrai who usually have the puck in ozone. Not much defending even required. Nurse- Ceci by my looks are getting much more away from McDrai and with the ordinary lines. In the minutes Ceci-Nurse are around they are seeing better QOC than QOT as far as I can see.

In anycase Ceci and Nurse would be minus due to Skinner being shit, and the Oilers not potting goals when they are on ice because none of our non McDrai lines are scoring.

The other thing is that KK is more prone to insulate VD and Kulak than Woodcroft would. He does use on pk, but he's limiting their minutes as opposed to giving Nurse and Ceci almost same minutes as Ekholm.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
With Pickard in it does a couple things. It could refocus the Oilers on their defensive details. It gives the Nucks another look and gives them some doubt against a fresh goalie. Gives Stu a chance to rest and reset, he needs it. Gives Pickard a chance to really make his mark in his CAREER. He’s never have this kind of shot before and he’s never had such a solid year to earn this shot. I’m all for great stories, and this could be the beginning of one tonight.

Let’s go Pickard and let’s go Oilers!

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
As if the reason we are down is the D shitting the bed.
Skinner is the main culprit, but we've talked about Nurse-Ceci. There was a bad read by McDavid, there was a horrifous pass by Foegele.

I think the forwards need to support the non Ek-Bouch pairings more for the breakouts.

The Lines 2-4 need to contribute.

Yes Skinner needed to sit but the entire team needs to show up for once.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As if defence doesn’t play a role in goals against. I’m not excusing Nurse and Ceci’s egregious mistakes this series, but you can and will to put everything on Skinner with inaccurate reads of even what happened on goals against. But I do agree that the team is playing well. We can take over games when we press and have demonstrated that against these Nucks for 20-40 minutes at a time. Do that and play solid defensively and we should be able to beat the Nucks consistently.
Of course they do. But any mistake our D make is exacerbated by not getting any stops.

On one play Nurse was being crucified on simply pushing a puck up boards and Vancouver stopping it and resulting in a subsequent GA. Stars D have made that same play 20-30 times a night with the puck being stopped. Doesn't matter as they have better levels of D support, they've shown elite own zone puck battle, and OTT is mopping up any mistakes.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ekholm banged up. Vancouver exacting a toll.
Ekholm banged up. Vancouver exacting a toll.
f*** seriously? He took some big hits right at the start of last game. I viewed it as revenge for the Kane “slewfoot” on Hughes. The hits looked very similar with Ekholm being lifted and dropped on the hit with some help from the Nucks legs. Think it was Joshua that got him.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Or move Kulak to the right side and play him with Nurse. Kulak has played off side in flashes before and has done ok. Broberg - Ceci bottom pair with Desharnais shuffling in on the kill (assuming he is playing hurt).
That would be a horrible decision. Play Stetcher- you know the guy with pretty good metrics in the NHL.

Edit: was responding to the tweet of Broberg in over Stetcher- not your comment

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Skinner is the main culprit, but we've talked about Nurse-Ceci. There was a bad read by McDavid, there was a horrifous pass by Foegele.

I think the forwards need to support the non Ek-Bouch pairings more for the breakouts.

The Lines 2-4 need to contribute.

Yes Skinner needed to sit but the entire team needs to show up for once.
The Oilers made mistakes in game 3 and did show up. Both things are true. The Oilers dominated game 3 and any mistake seemed to find the back of our net. To wit Nucks packing only 6 HDSC and getting 4 by Skinner. The Oilers constantly pressured Nucks into errors, losing battles and it was full court press in Nucks zone several times in the game. yeah they were making errors, they got saved almost all the time. What some good goaltending can do.

Even highly critiqued goalies like Giorgiov saved his team that didn't even show for two periods last night until Dallas finally put game out of reach in third.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm glad Knoblauch is splitting up 97 & 29, go back to what worked during the season.

11-7 is kinda scary if Ekholm can't play much. Ohhhhhhh doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad