GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Stetcher Skates well and Broberg has never used his size. Stetcher plays bigger than he is,
If Broberg plays he better come out and bang a few bodies and get out of his comfort zone. Can't really see it though, McLeod plays like it's reg season too

Reactions: Porkleaker

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Of course they do. But any mistake our D make is exacerbated by not getting any stops.

On one play Nurse was being crucified on simply pushing a puck up boards and Vancouver stopping it and resulting in a subsequent GA. Stars D have made that same play 20-30 times a night with the puck being stopped. Doesn't matter as they have better levels of D support, they've shown elite own zone puck battle, and OTT is mopping up any mistakes.
Yes of course they do. Glad that’s established, I’m surprised it even needs to be established. Like I said, despite the mistakes hanging Stu to dry we still needed more big saves. One save on one of the 3 on mistakes last game would have been nice and ultimately enough for a W with how our team can press and get their own production and probably deserved more production than they got last game. And that’s why Picks is in, to get that shot tonight to do that for the team.

I’m not sure which Nurse play you are referring to. I’m reminded of one time Nurse tried to chip it past 2 defenders instead of identifying the easy 5 foot outlet pass leading to a turnover and 2 on 0 down low with a gaping and empty net on Skinner due to the cross ice pass. Is it that one? Tell me which GA it was and which game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I feel like they have him scouted and have since the first game of the year.

Thinking back, a lot of their goals in the regular season and playoff come on off angles shooting low far corner. This is obviously a place to shoot on any goalie, but they seem to be doing it with a consistency and purpose that indicates they know he has trouble with those shots, especially off the rush.

I think one of three things could happen here:

1) Pickard gets on a random hot goalie run like we've seen before around the league and steps in the rest of the way (ideal scenario)

2) Pickard is mediocre, but does enough to win and get us to the next series. Skinner gets in at some point and regains some regular season form in R3 (assuming - and this is a stretch - that the Nucks are the problem this time specifically and not playoffs in general)

3) Pickard also sucks and we are eliminated strictly due to goaltending

I just hope to god it's 1 or 2.
It'll be 1 or half of 2.

I'm in for the Pickard gets the goal, plays reasonably well, and we don't see Skinner rest of series. . I'm here to help. ;)

Reactions: foshizzle

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yes of course they do. Glad that’s established, I’m surprised it even needs to be established. Like I said, despite the mistakes hanging Stu to dry we still needed more big saves. One save on one of the 3 on mistakes last game would have been nice and ultimately enough for a W with how our team can press and get their own production and probably deserved more production than they got last game. And that’s why Picks is in, to get that shot tonight to do that for the team.

I’m not sure which Nurse play you are referring to. I’m reminded of one time Nurse tried to chip it past 2 defenders instead of identifying the easy 5 foot outlet pass leading to a turnover and 2 on 0 down low with a gaping and empty net on Skinner due to the cross ice pass. Is it that one? Tell me which GA it was and which game.
The Oilers didn't hang Skinner to dry he hung himself by having the worst save % in the playoffs and having some alltime worst goalie playoff stats among goalies with 20 or more games. he's even done that while the Oilers are playing reasonable to good all round games.

Stop playing the tiring Skinner victim games and I'll stop correcting.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Gentleman. Now begins the legendary statue building run of Calvin Pickard
This team needs more than Pickard.
I think that Knoblauch needs to split up Connor ad Leon. I said this in the PGT that this team cant afford to play Connor and Leon almost 30 minutes a game.
That is not a recipe for succcess in these playoffs.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The Oilers didn't hang Skinner to dry he hung himself by having the worst save % in the playoffs and having some alltime worst goalie playoff stats among goalies with 20 or more games. he's even done that while the Oilers are playing reasonable to good all round games.

Oilers limited the shots to 18. This isn't on anyone except for Skinner

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Glad to see Picks get the start....If he sucks do we go to Soup?

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Absolutely must win game. I think they win a close one here. 2-1 good guys, low scoring game. Perry with the game winner.

Reactions: Porkleaker

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Watching some of goals against identifies mistakes and defensive breakdowns that are preventable. It also identifies some plays that the Nucks plain just deserved credit for making. On either of those goals against situations Stu needed to make more big saves. However you want to divy it out. But I’m not going to ignore that those defensive breakdowns happened. It has nothing to do with Stu either, it’s trying to get a full picture of what how our team is playing and what areas they need to improve. And there ARE areas we need to improve.

When we play our best game though , we have shown we can tilt the ice and dominate possession against these Nucks. Just have to do that for a longer stretch now and reduce the dumb mistakes defensively.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Campbell legit isn't even in Edmonton practicing with the team. I beg of you all, please stop pining for him. It's just wasted breath. He's not an option and will never be an option.

Our playoff hopes rest with Captain Pickard. God speed, good sir.
This.

Campbell hasn't played in the NHL since November. That's 6 months. No chance that he plays.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Papa is the best, I hope he gets a game soon.

What a team guy. Does this without being asked and playing the roles that the Connor Browns and Corey Perrys that get all the free unearned toi are supposed to be doing. Would be sad though if the last moments we ever see of Sam is him just practicing and talking to team mates. Too bad we're not up in series and could give him some games.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
This team needs more than Pickard.
I think that Knoblauch needs to split up Connor ad Leon. I said this in the PGT that this team cant afford to play Connor and Leon almost 30 minutes a game.
That is not a recipe for succcess in these playoffs.
He is

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What a team guy. Does this without being asked and playing the roles that the Connor Browns and Corey Perrys that get all the free unearned toi are supposed to be doing. Would be sad though if the last moments we ever see of Sam is him just practicing and talking to team mates. Too bad we're not up in series and could give him some games.
My gawd are you insufferable. Just look at the positive for what it is instead of inventing nonsense.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
He's been good in the games he's played. scored some goals. At this point, I think it's knob just not liking him

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad