GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
To be completely fair people have absolutely no idea as to how much of an impact Perry is having in the locker room behind closed doors.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying that assuming he isn't doing his job on that front is a bit speculative.

If he wasn't being effective in the room/on the bench, I'd imagine Perry would be a scratch at this point.
Agreed. Perry hasn’t shown much on the ice unfortunately, but even though we don’t see behind the scenes stuff often, we’ve still seen glimpses of his leadership on the bench. No doubt that type of leadership is happening in the room too. We saw great maturity from the team in the LA series. He’s like the gamesmanship director back there. Could have paid off with another PP last game on that Z hit on Kane with Perry barking orders not to touch him. But unfortunate Foegeles brain seems to shut down in the playoffs.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I haven't gone through the whole thread but is Pickard actually starting and McDrai separated?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is it just me that's surprised they haven't tried Vinny with Nurse again on 2nd pair? If Ceci and Nurse keep getting beaten like a rug, it would make sense to try out a change.
I’m a bit surprised. But they did they experiment with that pairing right before the deadline. To see what this blue line had. The experiment didn’t go well and Holland still decided Ceci didn’t need to be upgraded. Oh well. Ceci is what we got now and it’s time for him to step up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This series is really bringing back how much I used to hate the Nucks and their fanbase. I’d had almost forgotten. It’s been a long time since the Hawks dummied the Nucks yearly and Nucks fans thought they had a chance at a Cup. The Cup drought by the way is only 3 years removed from 1967. They are an Organizaiton that’s pretty much just as pathetic as the Leaf’s organization, and lol and behold they have the most toxic and entitled fans just like the Leaf’s Organizaiton. What winning no Cups does for a fanbase .
Legend Harold Snepts with the worst jersey in the history of pro sports on any planet receiving the illustrious "your team didn't finish in the basement trophy" that is in the BC hockey hall of fame..

Back in the day when there were only 3 Canadian team fans used to curse and complain that it was the Nucks stupid game on with their clown uniforms. there was no color settings on those old color TV's that would stop the glare from those horrid uniforms.

Mom wouldn't ground me, she would make me watch a Nucks game as punishment. Either that or do your homework. I'd do my homework...

1715711126460.png

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Legend Harold Snepts with the worst jersey in the history of pro sports on any planet receiving the illustrious "your team didn't finish in the basement trophy" that is in the BC hockey hall of fame..

Back in the day when there were only 3 Canadian team fans used to curse and complain that it was the Nucks stupid game on with their clown uniforms. there was no color settings on those old color TV's that would stop the glare from those horrid uniforms.

Mom wouldn't ground me, she would make me watch a Nucks game is punishment. Either that or do your homework. I'd do my homework...

View attachment 870643
Lol. They look like walking ads for McDonald’s. Squint and the V becomes Golden Arches.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Depth needs to step up tonight. Entire hockey world has been calling us a one man team since forever. Half these guys owe their career to the eliteness of McDrai. Time to pay them back and support them for a change.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Fair point. Perry is doing something. I just haven't been thrilled with him on ice even as I defended his play in last game of being his best yet, but still far from what one would hope.

Connor Brown hasn't been doing a lot. Some forecheck, making it a little bit more difficult for Nucks to get out but not having much impact anywhere. Certainly not producing a thing.
Yeah Brown has been a non-factor, Foegele has been a complete imbecile.

Wouldn't mind both of these guys out at all.

going 11-7 and starting Pickard screams panic.

I think it's fairly obvious panic is in order.

When the series could easily be 3-0 with even average goaltending and you're down 2-1, you're gonna panic.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

OilersaretheMcBest

Jun 3, 2006
Oil Country, AB, Can
Suspect Jackson will clean house end of the year. Wright has already been let go, Holland will essentially be fired (retired) and I hope his nepotism son is gone as well.

Next up all the scouts that have failed miserably and of course Schwartz.
Brad Holland is actually pretty good. Would distance his connection to his dad but he's a big part of the analytics and was a big reason Kulak, Ekholm, Henrique and Hyman are here. Bjugstad also i believe was a Brad move. Foegele looks to be one of his misses so far though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seeing 7 of these on the ice at the sametime was a nightmare. I say that also because too many players on ice has always been in the Nucks playbook.
Hey 7 on the ice, they’re still doing that to this day. Very on brand.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Brad Holland is actually pretty good. Would distance his connection to his dad but he's a big part of the analytics and was a big reason Kulak, Ekholm, Henrique and Hyman are here. Bjugstad also i believe was a Brad move. Foegele looks to be one of his misses so far though.
Fogele is absolutely not a miss. He was traded for Ethan Bear who has not managed to find himself or stay a regular in an NHL line up.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I don’t disagree although I don’t know how much say he had on Hyman. He’s probably the reason behind Campbell too though lol.

Fogele is absolutely not a miss. He was traded for Ethan Bear who has not managed to find himself or stay a regular in an NHL line up.
I don’t think Foegele was a miss but the 2.75x3 probably was. Not a big deal in the grand scheme though. I hope we let him walk though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hey 7 on the ice, they’re still doing that to this day. Very on brand.
7th man was code. Its some 4D chess shit. No wonder the banner is there. Its reminding them on how to line change

Maybe we actually dressing 7 d tonight because the room knows 1 D is getting ejected right off the bat lolol
Maybe they could get a fine only instead of a penalty, game misconduct or suspension.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Oilers sucked in game 1 outside of the 1st period, almost won on some puck luck, and then lost on terrible goaltending. Game 2 and 3 they dominated and deserved to win both.

Disagree. They were good in the first earning a 2-0 lead. Very bad in the second but somehow survived it at 4-2. In the third they were fine and played exactly the way you want defensively, albeit too passive offensively which is why I'd just say they were fine not necessarily great, but they lost in the third because their goalie allowed 3 goals on 1 HD scoring chance an expected .43 GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad