GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Wasn’t Roloson like over 30 when he went on his Stanley Cup run. Just saying…….

Roloson was also an established NHL goalie for 8 years before that with 269 NHL GP and a .906 SV%.

Pickard has 140 NHL GP and a .904 SV% in 12 years.

Not saying he can’t go on a run, but let’s temper expectations.

Also according to hockeydb he’s played only 5(?!?!?) playoff games since turning pro and only 10 since his first year in the WHL. So he is a complete unknown quantity lol

Reactions: TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Roloson was also an established NHL goalie for 8 years before that with 269 NHL GP and a .906 SV%.

Pickard has 140 NHL GP and a .904 SV%.

Not saying he can’t go on a run, but let’s temper expectations.

Also according to hockeydb he’s played only 5(?!?!?) playoff games since turning pro and only 10 since his first year in the WHL. So he is a complete unknown quantity lol
When the other, known, quantity has diarrhea you gotta roll the dice haha

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Exactly. Also I can’t help but be paranoid that trying to focus on the physical aspect too much will lead to the most backbreaking penalties.

I say if you can make a hit count and make it clean enough, go for it, make their stars hurt. Just don’t focus on it too hard
It goes back to if you ain't scoring, do something positive. Perry, Mcleod, Desharnais, Nuge and some others look pretty disgustingly bad when you look at shots, shot attempts for/against blocked, missed shots and hits.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
So you're going to walk into that room and tell them that guy they tried to send into oblivion is going to start the most meaningful game of the season?

You are out of your f***ing mind if you think they entertain this.
Well they would at least entertain it or they wouldn’t have called him up.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He's already elevated. Nurse and ceci most minutes this series are against Garland, Lindholm, Joshua.... that's Vancouver third line lmfao.

I get that the dude is a lightning rod, but it's not his fault that Nurse Ceci are getting cooked by two plugs and Lindholm (who's not even an offensive minded C).

He played 11 mins last game and looked bad doing it.

He's likely injured.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Pretty much :/

I do think a slow player with a brain is better than a speedster though. At least defensively.

I’m not so sure. This canucks team has wheels.

You might be able to think the game but it doesn’t mean shit if you can’t keep up. Perry is actually a terrific example of a guy that can think the game well but has been shoved aside due to his lack of speed

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I used to think the whole Canucks conspiracy thing was a joke from their cohort but I think they actually believe it…

Reactions: Kerberos

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
That's not what people are saying lol

I think they're saying if Pickard has a bad game, Rodrigue can draw in. That's totally fine.

That’s not happening. Yeah you can be pissed at Skinner but this is straight up ignoring reality.

In reality this is what will happen:

Pickard wins while playing well or at least meh:
- Series is on, he’ll get as many starts as he wants if he continues to play well and the team wins.
- Negotiations will occur to bring him back for 2024-25. He will likely still backup Skinner but it’ll be closer to a 1B role.

Pickard loses while playing well:
- Series is over.
- He will start game 5.
- Goalie discussion in offseason will revolve around keeping one of Skinner and Pickard with the goal being to find a true 1A (again).

Pickard loses while playing poorly:
- Series is definitely over.
- Skinner starts game 5.
- Pickard leaves in the offseason.

Pickard loses while playing meh:
- Series is over.
- Goaltending conundrum begins over who starts game 5, but it’s probably over either way.
- Pickard also leaves in the offseason.

Rodrigue will not see the ice in these playoffs unless there is an injury.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah the 10 they would entertain playing.
Really think Bourgault is being entertained as a guy to play?

They call up that many so that they can have a decent practice together in case one or two might have to play.

Either that or if half the team catched the plague

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Seeing Skinner's comments maybe he's actually releived to be on the bench tonight. Some guys elevate their game in big games, not everyone is made for the big stage. Good on him for being honest but that should keep him out of the net going forward. We need someone who thrives and lives for this pressure!

Reactions: RegDunlop

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Last on the list but yes. Players who aren’t called up are the ones entirely not entertained. If they were absolutely not willing to play Campbell like suggested he wouldn’t be here.
He's there so they can have a nice scrimmage/practice with two goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad