GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Maybe Pickard got sick? Maybe Skinner was sick and now he’s recovered?

Honestly we have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. Knoblauch got us this far - I’m not turning on him now

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I just can't grasp the logic of stating Skinner.

Replacing our best player last game and only reason it was competitive for the only reason we aren't in control of this series, if not already advanced.
I think Pickard got a bit lucky last game. He was flailing around a bit so this might be a decent move. The team defence need to be air tight and Skinner can't let in stinkers.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think Pickard got a bit lucky last game. He was flailing around a bit so this might be a decent move. The team defence need to be air tight and Skinner can't let in stinkers.
Regardless of the goalie the oilers all need to protect the goalie and keep it simple. Forcheck hard. Smart passes. Clear the crease

We have a good chance if we bring our best game

Reactions: Valhallis

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Regardless of the goalie the oilers all need to protect the goalie and keep it simple. Forcheck hard. Smart passes. Clear the crease

We have a good chance if we bring our best game
The only way we win with Skinner is a high scoring affair. It’s pointless to play well defensively cause he just allows crap goals.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
Skinner has been letting in stinkers the entire playoffs (and last year.) As for flailing, that tends to happen when your team defense is completely getting caved. Pickard plays a simple game, stays square to the puck which is half (maybe 75%) of the battle as a goaltender. Skinner is constantly getting happy feet over adjusting to movements of the puck and he lacks the athleticism to make up for it. Yes, Pickard was getting "lucky" with pucks hitting him but thats because he was in position to be hit by them. Skinner has let in, nearly every game at least one goal where it only went in due to his god awful positioning.

Some goalies have the extra gear in the playoffs where they play out of their mind, Skinner seems to slip out of gear in the playoffs.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I'm not thrilled with starting Skinner. If he plays poorly he will be chased out of town. He's already being asked to do much at his age, this is just not in the best interest of the team or the player.

Reactions: Ibanez

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I'm not thrilled with starting Skinner. If he plays poorly he will be chased out of town. He's already being asked to do much at his age, this is just not in the best interest of the team or the player.
I would tend to agree. Would be tough for the org to continue to go with him if we can’t turn this around. He’s still young by goalie standards. But the stats don’t lie.

Let’s give Boston a call and see what they want for ullmark

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I would tend to agree. Would be tough for the org to continue to go with him if we can’t turn this around. He’s still young by goalie standards. But the stats don’t lie.

Let’s give Boston a call and see what they want for ullmark
it wouldn’t be enough but I bet Kane would fit in well in Boston.

Kane + pick + prospect

Reactions: Ibanez

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’m expecting some horrible reffing tonight. NHL will want this series done tonight so they can start round 3 for the Eastern Conference on Monday.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
This team not scratching Ceci at any point over the last 3 playoffs is amazing, what does he have on them.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I mean if you guys can't see that the Oilers are far superior to any of the remaining teams and the struggles/conflict have been manufactured to make the "Whatever it Takes: Stanley Cup" documentary more interesting....idk what to tell you.

SPOILER ALERT...

The last two games are going to run parallel to a scene with Skinner reaching out to Grant Fuhr..them traveling to Mount Robson together and meditating in it's shadow. Skinner is at least .925 from here and the cup is raised.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Keep the faith brother, without it, what’s the point of being a fan. I couldn’t imagine not watching the game tonight and just giving up. But to each his own I guess.
As I read this post, and the few above, I realize that 'Bon Jovi - Keep the Faith' is playing on my speaker. Hahaha.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I miss the Leafs in the the playoffs.

The $2 Teen burger was the best deal in town.
Yep we used to go down there in my brand new car

1716074739408.png

Reactions: bellagiobob

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I think Stu and basically told the media and coaching staff that the pressure is too much. “I let the emotions get to me” is essentially “pressure is too much”. That pressure cooker is going to ratcheted up even higher because the whole season depends on him. My guess- if he falters again - he asks for a trade because the hometown born and bred pressure is too much
I'm not sure he'd need to ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad