GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
Well it's obviously clear that the NHL wants Hughes in the final four.

It's too bad that the NHL consistently has the most embarrassing officials in all of pro sports.

• Haha
Reactions: Macheteops

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Any time a player is pushed into the crease it should count.

That was a massive flop too. Screwed by the refs on goals year in and year out.

Reactions: foofighter

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
When your goalie coach is dead set on playing on the goal line you don’t use material movement.
Skinner seems to be sliding too far. When he is at his best he stays square to the shooter and easily uses his big body to just move post to post

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Forwards with both feet in the crease don't get the benefit of the doubt basically ever. Challenging that would have been an extreme long shot.
If only it was the early 2000’s and the rule was you can’t have a toe in the crease.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Obviously I'm an oilers fan, but the referee side in me.......flame me but that was a good call.

McDavid was in that space before contact with anyone was made. The way the rule is written up, no goal is always the call.
Yep, McDavid was already in the crease before he got pushed. I know everybody is fired up but that wasn't getting overturned, objectively speaking.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Lol. Was just complaining about how perimeter McDavid and Nuge have been. Next thing I know McDavid is skating into the crease and getting a goal disallowed lol
McDavid wanted the experience of being Zach Hyman for a shift. And he definitely got it.

Reactions: oobga

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drai line playing great, McDavid line awful. What else is new? Not content to just be completely ineffective McDavid takes an oilers goal away by skating right into crease.
'
Is he on painkillers?

Skinner awful. nucks didn't shoot on two empty nets.

Reactions: FunkyChicken

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Most teams make a pretty big push in the first period when they are at home. When you add in the possibility of being eliminated that becomes a huge push. We look pretty flat and disinterested. I consider it a major loss to be tied after 1. Vancouver will take over in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad