Buffalo Bills Week 13: Bills (7-4) v. Pats (7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Cleveland assuming they'd get the ball back from Baltimore in a run the clock out situation looking like a bad choice so far

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Chris Collinsworth is the absolute worst, he's making it seem like Lamar Jackson is the only reason Baltimore is winning this game, when in reality, if it wasn't for the Ravens D, Cleveland would be up 35-13, because of Lamar.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Chris Collinsworth is the absolute worst, he's making it seem like Lamar Jackson is the only reason Baltimore is winning this game, when in reality, if it wasn't for the Ravens D, Cleveland would be up 35-13, because of Lamar.

Cleveland also has no weapons in the passing game and Mayfield's dinged up, although he'd probably suck even if fully healthy

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Josh needs to cut out his hero ball tendencies and be more calm and collected when things aren't going their way initially.

If he can learn to do that I take him over almost every QB in the league.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
None of the AFC teams deserve the 1 seed. NFL rule change should be the Cards or Packers get the AFC and NFC 1 seeds.

Then 1 or 2 move an AFC team to the NFC for the playoffs so we have an above 500 wild card team there.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Patriots are the best team in AFC imo, I'll be at game next Monday to hopefully send them off with a big L.
I think so, too. They're very well rounded. Mac isn't this elite QB that many 'experts' want to proclaim him as, but he's been good for a rookie, is improving, and isn't asked to do too much. They have a solid running game. Their defense is LEGIT. They get a lot of pressure. They also have the best coach in the history of the game.

I think the game is a coin flip. The Pats pass rush may cause some serious issues for Allen. We know how ugly things can get if the pressure gets to him. The lack of a running game makes it much easier for BB and co. to game plan around.

If Tre were playing- I'd say our defense would definitely keep the Pats in check, but Tre is a huge loss, so it gives the Pats an advantage, though I do believe the McD and co. can still hold NE to a modest amount of points.

Huge game, though. I'm glad we're having some high profile games against the Pats again. 2019 was fun even though we were clearly a tier or two lower. Can't wait!

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The NFL must be absolutely ecstatic over what is happening this year. There is no dominant team. I can probably rattle off 8-10 teams in the NFL that right now have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl. There is no one power. Parity reigns among the best teams. Every team with a legit chance is flawed. The closest "we" came to a dominant team was the Titans at full strength, but even they were flawed.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If Tre were playing- I'd say our defense would definitely keep the Pats in check, but Tre is a huge loss, so it gives the Pats an advantage, though I do believe the McD and co. can still hold NE to a modest amount of points.

Tre is a much bigger loss against the KCs and TENs and TBs and GBs of the world -- teams that have legit talent at WR. I think Wallace/Jackson/Johnson matchup just fine against NE's best WRs. Jones gets the ball out so quickly that Tre's cover ability would be largely neutralized anyways. Our current trio of CBs should be able to hold up for the 2-3 seconds needed. Getting Star back to help stop the run will be huge this week (if he's back).

Defensively, the Pats can be gashed in the run game. Use the run to set the pass up. JC Jackson is as good of a CB as there is, but he is vulnerable to double moves as he looks for INTs. Beasley/Knox could have huge games over the middle.

I expect this to be a low-scoring affair that's won in the trenches. Our O-line better show up.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Tre is a much bigger loss against the KCs and TENs and TBs and GBs of the world -- teams that have legit talent at WR. I think Wallace/Jackson/Johnson matchup just fine against NE's best WRs. Jones gets the ball out so quickly that Tre's cover ability would be largely neutralized anyways. Our current trio of CBs should be able to hold up for the 2-3 seconds needed. Getting Star back to help stop the run will be huge this week (if he's back).

Agree. They need to worry more about RBs and TEs than WRs; the pats don’t have anyone who scares me outside the numbers.

The real test for the defense sans Tre is Tampa.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Patriots are the best team in AFC imo, I'll be at game next Monday to hopefully send them off with a big L.

The Patriots remind of Miami last year who got a hot streak with Tua.

I actually expect them to cool off quite a bit. They have a good defense, but not a dominant defense. They've caught teams at good times, injury wise (including us, now).

My expectation has always been a split. I think we win at home and they win at home. I'm willing to bet they drop at 1 out of 3 vs Indy, Miami, and Jacksonville too.

Get our O-Line healthy and I'll feel fine. They've played 2 elite QBs this year, one of which was Brady who they were keyed up for. Prescott got 400+ yards vs them.

Buffalo probably has to have a similar game plan vs New Orleans defense and take the short/middle yardage plays and utilize Allens mobility.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Agree. They need to worry more about RBs and TEs than WRs; the pats don’t have anyone who scares me outside the numbers.

The real test for the defense sans Tre is Tampa.
Personally I would more worried about the Pats defense. They have the best defense in the league. I won't be surprised when they do want Indy and Jacksonville did and shut down the Bills offense.

Reactions: Buffaloed

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

I actually expect them to cool off quite a bit. They have a good defense, but not a dominant defense. They've caught teams at good times, injury wise (including us, now).

My expectation has always been a split. I think we win at home and they win at home. I'm willing to bet they drop at 1 out of 3 vs Indy, Miami, and Jacksonville too.

Get our O-Line healthy and I'll feel fine. They've played 2 elite QBs this year, one of which was Brady who they were keyed up for. Prescott got 400+ yards vs them.

Buffalo probably has to have a similar game plan vs New Orleans defense and take the short/middle yardage plays and utilize Allens mobility.

I think the weather will dictate the game, and its looking like a storm moves through Monday with either rain/snow.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

The same can be said for the Bills. They have beaten up on the bad teams but haven't looked good against teams over .500

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The same can be said for the Bills. They have beaten up on the bad teams but haven't looked good against teams over .500

Buffalo has had a pretty easy schedule so far, so its been hard to judge.

They've had two very bad games (Indy and Jacksonville). Vs TN they lost to what would have been the MVP running back, and even then it was Allen falling on a 4th and 1 that was the difference. Vs Pittsburgh the offense struggled but it was a blocked punt returned for a TD that was the difference.

I mean, the two games vs New England are going to make or break the season, really. Get a split or a sweep or pack it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad