Buffalo Bills Week 17: Bills (9-6) v. Falcons (7-8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The Chiefs and Broncos will move to 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, followed by the Cowboys and Eagles at 8:15 p.m. ET Saturday. Both games are on ESPN and ABC.

LV/LAC is Sunday nighter

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Saturday games are decidedly uninteresting. KC-DEN and PHI-DAL.

PHI-DAL is likely to be a backup fest with Dallas needing help just to get out of the 4 seed and Philly at either 6 or 7.

KC probably plays their guys hoping to a) not drop to 4 and b) have a chance at the bye if TEN slips up again. TEN still has to play on Sunday since Cincy could catch them too with a loss. I suppose Cincy could get advance knowledge of whether they can be 1 or not from KC's result but that's a long shot anyway.

NFL stuck to their competitive integrity here at the cost of better games, so credit to them I guess?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So apparently, if you seek to root for chaos, if Pittsburgh wins out and the Colts lose to Jacksonville, it creates a scenario where LV/LA is a play-in game for the 6 seed (Pittsburgh is 7)...except a tie would put LA in 6, LV in 7, and Pittsburgh out. Would the Chargers and Raiders willingly play to a tie to ensure both of them make it?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Hope GB wins tonight, don't want Tampa to have a big door open to the 1 seed in the NFC
I don't think playing either of those teams bodes well for either the Bills or the Pats. I grew up a Pats fan but I lived in upstate NY (Herkimer) for 3 years and got to grow a lil love for the Bills since I would always get their games. Should be an interesting end to the year and playoffs. No hate for you all from this fan at all.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Why would you even half listen to that guy?
Because my wife and I were booking our trip to Peru while the game was on in the background. Also, he was talking and fortunately/unfortunately I could hear him speaking.

*and by speaking, I mean knobslobbering over Rodgers and Mahomes braided ass-hair, but still, I can hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: JThorne and Reddawg

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Hoping Indy is 7 so they can play KC. Let the chiefs deal with that. If the colts win, then they’re the titans’ problem.
Correct me if I’m wrong but that would take Indy losing to the Jags and then that would move the winner of LAC/LV ahead of them? I know any given Sunday and we somehow lost to the Jags but I don’t see Indy losing to them.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’ve seen a lot of “Josh was bad” without really talking about what the Falcons were doing or how the Bills adjusted to take advantage. Seems like the Falcons plan was to take away intermediate crossing routes by dropping seven with line backers and the SS playing shallow quarters. Which is dreadful against the run, so the Bills ran. I’m not sure Peyton manning would have a lot of success against the approach to pass defense. I don’t know, someone smarter than me on this board, like Der Jaeger should probably set me straight. But I didn’t see Josh missing a lot of open receivers.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I’ve seen a lot of “Josh was bad” without really talking about what the Falcons were doing or how the Bills adjusted to take advantage. Seems like the Falcons plan was to take away intermediate crossing routes by dropping seven with line backers and the SS playing shallow quarters. Which is dreadful against the run, so the Bills ran. I’m not sure Peyton manning would have a lot of success against the approach to pass defense. I don’t know, someone smarter than me on this board, like Der Jaeger should probably set me straight. But I didn’t see Josh missing a lot of open receivers.
I think joshs passing performance wasn’t as bad as the stats say. One int was a tip. Another looked like it may have been a miscommunication but they’ll never say if it was. Lots of dropped balls. I think the coaching staff was fine with just establishing the run.

The offense didn’t punt. When they needed a first down they got one.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think joshs passing performance wasn’t as bad as the stats say. One int was a tip. Another looked like it may have been a miscommunication but they’ll never say if it was. Lots of dropped balls. I think the coaching staff was fine with just establishing the run.

Yeah, I think the cold was affecting the receivers, for sure. There were about a half dozen passes in the first couple drives that hit receivers in the hands and ended incomplete anyway. You might be able to put a little blame on Allen for 1-2 balls where he put more zip than he needed to, but NFL receivers should make those catches the vast majority of the time.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

2 of the 3 were tipped/deflected. It wasn't his best game, but he definitely was not that bad either.

And everyone forgets that the Falcons still had a chance at the playoffs going into the game, and they fought with all they had.

Reactions: Zman5778

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Correct me if I’m wrong but that would take Indy losing to the Jags and then that would move the winner of LAC/LV ahead of them? I know any given Sunday and we somehow lost to the Jags but I don’t see Indy losing to them.
Somehow, they haven't won in Jacksonville since 2014.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Raiders win all tiebreakers (including the Pats) if they manage to win against the Chargers. So if the Pats lose and the Raiders win (assuming the Colts also win) it's 5)Raiders, 6)Colts, 7)Pats and if the Pats win and the Raiders win it's 5)Pats, 6)Raiders, 7)Colts. The Chargers slide in at the bottom of the 10-7 teams if they were to win the LAC-LV matchup.

Reactions: Mike McDermott

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Raiders win all tiebreakers (including the Pats) if they manage to win against the Chargers. So if the Pats lose and the Raiders win (assuming the Colts also win) it's 5)Raiders, 6)Colts, 7)Pats and if the Pats win and the Raiders win it's 5)Pats, 6)Raiders, 7)Colts. The Chargers slide in at the bottom of the 10-7 teams if they were to win the LAC-LV matchup.

if colts lose Then Steelers ( if they win tonight)-Ravens winner can get the spot. Steelers get it without help. Ravens need help ( vegas win, dolphins lose)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
2 of the 3 were tipped/deflected. It wasn't his best game, but he definitely was not that bad either.

And everyone forgets that the Falcons still had a chance at the playoffs going into the game, and they fought with all they had.
Just saying the ball was tipped doesn't absolve the QB of responsibility. None of them were fluky tips at the line by a lineman who happened to throw his arm up at the right time. The first I'm still not even sure who he was trying to get the ball to (Beasley?) and he tried to fit it between 5 defenders where there was absolutely no room to throw the ball. He missed on the 2nd one flat out. The third one's the only one you can even start to excuse, but even that one, while it was deflected close to the line of scrimmage, was deflected by the spy who was directly in the throwing lane just waiting, unengaged, for Josh to throw it, and he failed to get the ball out of his reach. None of them were good throws/good decisions.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad