Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 27: Missing Moose, vs. Stars, vs. Green Filth, vs. 'Peg

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Sick, Landy is my favorite Avs player during this era of Avs hockey.
He’s my all time favourite with Burnaby Joe in a very close second. Mack/Makar/Foppa/Roy in more or less a 4 way tie right below them.

Of the current group Mack and Makar both very clearly had better seasons but I have never been a bigger fan of a rookie than Viking mode Landy

Reactions: avalanche_country

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
He’s my all time favourite with Burnaby Joe in a very close second. Mack/Makar/Foppa/Roy in more or less a 4 way tie right below them.

Of the current group Mack and Makar both very clearly had better seasons but I have never been a bigger fan of a rookie than Viking mode Landy
Man, remember that OT winner against Anaheim where he was falling down sick? Good times.

Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Man, remember that OT winner against Anaheim where he was falling down sick? Good times.
IMG_6501.jpeg

One of the all time great celebrations and it being exactly the kind of thing that would piss Don Cherry off only made it better

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I’m truly convinced the schedule maker really hates the Avs. Every single year we have one of the worst, if not the worst schedule in the NHL
I'm convinced the NHL schedule has 32 schedule templates - one for each team - that serve as the baseline for the next season's schedule. The changes happen out in the margins as teams go to Europe or participate in a special event like the Stadium series.

There really isn't much change from season to season.

Arena availability, co-franchises in other leagues, etc. require that changes get minimized. The days of the week that the teams play seem to be pretty consistent. I have noticed for at least 1/2 dozen years that the Sabres and the Avs pretty much play on the same days of the week, just in different time zones. It's like certain teams schedule wise are joined at the hip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad