Pre-Game Talk: Week 3: @Islanders, @Penguins, @Sabres

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
@RoyIsALegend - Is it a CCM or a Starter?

That's some deep shit, I just like the whites better, and feel like the NHL took it from the Avs by making everyone use a majority white jersey.
The Avs have a killer white jerseys especially after the swap to the colourway kit. The old ones looked great with the black because the 3 layer numbers and glacier twill popped but it didn’t work as well with the Adidas era numbers.

Oddly, the RR1.0 is an incredible jersey and looks so good in white but I really prefer the Nordiques blue ones over the whites

Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

The Avs have a killer white jerseys especially after the swap to the colourway kit. The old ones looked great with the black because the 3 layer numbers and glacier twill popped but it didn’t work as well with the Adidas era numbers.

Oddly, the RR1.0 is an incredible jersey and looks so good in white but I really prefer the Nordiques blue ones over the whites
Now the million dollar question.

Is it a game worn jersey?

• Haha

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

CCM of course!

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Beauty. Though still a big fan of the on ice Starter mesh ones

Image.jpeg

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Take this with whatever grain of salt you prefer.. I like non iodized pink Himalayan salt..

HockeyStatCards.com | Easy Hockey Stats

Tab - skaters - all skaters list.

Scroll thru the NHLs entire list of average game score performances thru the first 6-7 games. You'll see Jack Hughes is currently #1 in the NHL, followed by Rants, Drai, Barkov, DeBrincat and so on. In just the top 30 average game score players, the Avs have four: Rants, Mack, Nuke and Lex 29th overall.

The dreadful Bowen Byram is ranked all the way down at 31st overall in the entire NHL per average game score. Byram is the 7th ranked defender in the entire NHL, right behind Fox (28th) and Quinn Hughes (27th).

And the Michael Jordan of young defenders in the NHL, Moritz Seider, is ranked 479th in the NHL with an average game score of .01! LFG Mo!!!! Seider is coming off a rather UN-outstanding sophomore season so his star continues to shine very bright as he carries a horrible Red Wings team. That's the approved narrative on Seider right? He keeps that team afloat? Making sure I'm saying the correct words here for you Seider is the Messi of hockey types (cough... all Detoilet fans).

The best defender in the NHL thru the first few games of this season, per this site's average game score is actually a guy that came on strong late last season and is also from the 2019 draft. Thomas Harley. Good for him to develop late, but finally develop.

The Avs have a hell of a pro scouting department. The Stars have a hell of a amateur scouting department. And Mo Seider is really overrated.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
And the Michael Jordan of young defenders in the NHL, Moritz Seider, is ranked 479th with an average game score of .01! LFG Mo!!!! Seider is coming off a rather blah sophomore season so his star continues to shine very bright as he carries a horrible Red Wings team. That's the approved narrative on Seider right? He keeps that team afloat? Making sure I'm saying the correct words here for you Seider is the Jesus of hockey types (cough... all Detoilet fans).

Anyone who is willing to look at analytics outside of power play production knows that Mortiz Seider is wildly overrated.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Anyone who is willing to look at analytics outside of power play production knows that Mortiz Seider is wildly overrated.
Shame on you for not saying the "right" words... But Seider is big and has a R shot! And he checks guys some too!

Simon Edvinsson, the LeBron James of young NHL defenders, is tearing up the AHL with modest stats vs a weaker than usual Colorado Eagles club.

Edvinsson has a bunch of rock stars in front of him with the 7 D on the Red Wings current roster.

The insanely good Justin Holl, B Chiarot, Jake Walman, Jeff Petry... Sheesh... Olli Maata... Murders row of studs on that blueline to get past for NHL minutes... dang.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Looking at the guide on my TV, apparently tonight's game against the Penguinos is NOT on NHL Center Ice. WTF am I paying for this shitty service?? Might as well find streams...

I think this is my last year, I'm done with paying for something that should be available to all on a PER TEAM basis for a much reduced price. The NHL can go f*** itself!

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Georgiev is playing, at most, a game every other day. Like it is in the playoffs, and like he would be in a deep playoff run. There shouldn't be a reason to worry about this.

Agree here.

Physically there should be no issue. I’d just give him a night off for a mental reset because his play has dipped. Can’t really fault Bednar too much though, the schedule is allowing for plenty of rest.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If George can't handle this kind of schedule we better hope we win each series in 4-5 games in the playoffs so he can get HIS necessary rest or we will be in huge trouble especially after a full season.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lost in the talk about Georgiev being overworked is the fact that the Avs have had some absolutely HORRENDOUS defensive zone gaffes. The worst goal he's given up so far was the shot from Lee unscreened from distance in the Isles game, but that was also preceded by a terrible Johansen turnover right beforehand. Nate's also been guilty of quite a few of those turnovers, he just wasn't made to pay for them so obviously until Sid jammed the puck down his throat to put the game out of reach.

The good news is that it's early and they have plenty of time to clean it up, and they have a stellar record despite some meh defensive play.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm too lazy to look but I wonder if any other team had the same goalie start 100% of their games so far.

Bednar overplays his best players, it's not just a Georgiev thing. It's very hard to earn his trust but once he likes you you're going to PLAY.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm too lazy to look but I wonder if any other team had the same goalie start 100% of their games so far.

Bednar overplays his best players, it's not just a Georgiev thing. It's very hard to earn his trust but once he likes you you're going to PLAY.

I was curious about this as well.

Nashville is the only other team that has played their starter every game. 7 games like the Avs.

Florida, NYI, Philly, Tampa, and Winnipeg have played their backup 1 game.

Everyone else has played their backups 2 or more and a lot of teams have done 3.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Scroll thru the NHLs entire list of average game score performances thru the first 6-7 games. You'll see Jack Hughes is currently #1 in the NHL, followed by Rants, Drai, Barkov, DeBrincat and so on. In just the top 30 average game score players, the Avs have four: Rants, Mack, Nuke and Lex 29th overall.

Legitimately, who?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nashville is the only other team that has played their starter every game. 7 games like the Avs.
Thanks! Only 2 teams doing that out of 32 confirms that it's not a normal thing.

Georgiev is starting the next game, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad