Buffalo Bills Week 7: Bye week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Just watching the highlights from yesterday. Imagine having a QB that slides a yard short of the first down with 30 seconds on the clock instead of plowing through the LB or at least trying to gain as many yards as possible... Murray is average and Arizona is going to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity for a long time with what they paid him.

Man I love having Josh Allen as our QB.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That was a fun game to go to. Somehow- the offense did better than I thought they would do in that first half. It was pretty windy, too. Incredible the throws Allen was making. That 65 yard bomb to Davis where Fitzpatrick almost clawed it out of Gabe's hands was insane. That was right on the money, and the ball traveled over 60 yards in the air with a moderate amount of wind. Geez...we have a gem!

Also, good to be back on top of the division. Miami's defense is going to kill them this year!

Last edited:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Someone said something about the Cincy O-line in the thread before it got shut down. I wonder how much of it is on the O-line inadequacies and how much is on Burrow holding onto the ball too long.

I'm still not a Burrow believer. He is fine, but I think a lot of his production is due to his WRs.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
That was a fun game to go to. Somehow- the offense did better than I thought they would do in that first half. It was pretty windy, too. Incredible the throws Allen was making. That 65 yard bomb to Davis where Fitzpatrick almost clawed it out of Gabe's hands was insane. That was right on the money, and the ball traveled over 60 yards in the air with a moderate amount of wind. Geez...we have a gem!

Also, good to be back on top of the division. Miami's defense is going to kill them this year!
That and they may have ruined their QB's career. I guess it's not fair to blame the dolphins per se but nonetheless they will have issues at that position for the foreseeable future.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Someone said something about the Cincy O-line in the thread before it got shut down. I wonder how much of it is on the O-line inadequacies and how much is on Burrow holding onto the ball too long.

I'm still not a Burrow believer. He is fine, but I think a lot of his production is due to his WRs.
He's gotten better at getting rid of the ball quicker since the first couple of weeks. IMO, the Bengals biggest problem besides the porous o-line is having Taylor at the helm. Guy is probably among the 10 worst head coaches in the league and got saved by Burrow and the WR group going nuts last year.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
The Bills have a +91 point differential and the next two closest teams (Phi/SF) are at +47. To have that big of a point differential when 2 of our 5 games have been one score games is insane.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Disappointed we couldn't outdo the 51-3 against the Schroeder Raiders

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
To be fair, it looks like Kansas City offense is designed to give us fits. They've stacked their WR with fast WRs who can take a 5-8 yard pass and make it into a big chunk play. Our zone is typically pretty permissible of those short quick passing plays and guards against big plays. The Chiefs are 7th in YAC and they haven't played this week yet.

I'm very interested to see how we stack up. Hopefully we can get back Poyer and Edmunds at 100% and most of the D-line plays.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Just watching the highlights from yesterday. Imagine having a QB that slides a yard short of the first down with 30 seconds on the clock instead of plowing through the LB or at least trying to gain as many yards as possible... Murray is average and Arizona is going to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity for a long time with what they paid him.

Man I love having Josh Allen as our QB.
In separate news, imagine late in the game with a chance to win, but playing against a QB who has whined for so long the referees throw a flag if you don't shake his hand properly, kiss his rings, and revere his 45yo ass.
Disappointed we couldn't outdo the 51-3 against the Schroeder Raiders
Hey now, I remember in 1977 the 1-5 Bills traveling west to a woeful 1-5 Seahawks team and losing 56-17.
I had to look it up, but the lone Bills win prior to that game was a 3-0 shutout of the Falcons at Rich stadium.

In not surprising news:

I am very glad that we got McBeane away from this organization.

NFL / MIB realized he was the alien bug guy; had to exterminate him.
images
images

Last edited:

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I was very happy to see Jordan Phillips back in the game after he went down with what looked like another hamstring injury. The Bills will really need him next week.
I didn't see him go back in. Certainly happy to hear this. I was mentally counting him out for next week.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I was very happy to see Jordan Phillips back in the game after he went down with what looked like another hamstring injury. The Bills will really need him next week.

I didn't see him go back in. Certainly happy to hear this. I was mentally counting him out for next week.
Went back in but only for one series and a couple plays in the second half, then came back out. Frankly I'd rather he get the next two weeks off to get back to 100%. Big guys like that shouldn't be playing on any sort of hamstring issue. He's pulled up with the injury twice on non-contact plays, now

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I have a hunch that it'll be all hands on deck. Especially given that we've got the bye after KC.

I hope so. Having ~half our defense out was workable for us against a lot of opponents, but you're not slowing down a dialed-in Mahomes with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad