Post-Game Talk: Well Florida's been here before. Bruins go up 1-0 as Ekblad goes full Weegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Key word in that sentence? “Almost”. Meaning, not.
IMO, you can’t just bring in a few complimentary pieces like Toronto did (Domi, Betuzzi…), you need to exile the soft perimeter players (like Huberdeau) and bring in guys that are leaders (Chucky) that change the culture. Everyone has to buy in to the playoff mentality & it seems Toronto never will!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
IMO, you can’t just bring in a few complimentary pieces like Toronto did (Domi, Betuzzi…), you need to exile the soft perimeter players (like Huberdeau) and bring in guys that are leaders (Chucky) that change the culture. Everyone has to buy in to the playoff mentality & it seems Toronto never will!

Personally I don't buy the idea of changing the entire culture by acquiring a single player no matter how good he is. And this concept is subject to history revisionism since first it was Hornqvist and Gudas that changed the locker room culture but now that is covertly bestowed upon Chuck.

A LARGE amount of Toronto fans on twitter are clamoring, begging, WANTING them to give Montour the money he wants this summer.

Imagine the core 4 stays and they throw all that at Monty.

Why would the Leafs stars want out of there? They have the control over where they play. Can't buy out any of them. Buying out e.g. JohnnyT saves them like 600k.

I'd reckon that their plan is to wait for their 19-22yo prospects to develop 2-3 years before they make a serious push for a contender status.

Reactions: VIMMM and Chaos2k7

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Bumping your ass when you hop
Bought this shirt for my wife

no context

1715031329635.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad