Post-Game Talk: When to extend Blake?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Dream offseason:
* Luc pretend promotion to president of AEG sports operations (a do nothing position with no real executive power) he has the choice to retire but he wont
* Blake pink slipped
* DL and Liewike hired as contractors to assist finding a new president and GM
* Justin Williams hired as an ambasador
* GM hires a new coach
* GM replaces the entire Blake org - top to bottom
* EDIT: GM executes buyout on PLDung
* 2nd EDIT: lower Blakes jersey opening night

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
AEG sells the team
Dream offseason:
* Luc pretend promotion to president of AEG sports operations (a do nothing position with no real executive power) he has the choice to retire but he wont
* Blake pink slipped
* GM hires a new coach
AEG sells the team

• Haha
Reactions: kingsholygrail

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
AEG did bring us two cups.. but I dont know about this Beckerman dude - seems not too savy to have Luc as an executive. Anschutz/Liewike got their shit together after the Ducks won a cup and figured they'd lose fans to them unless they got serious - and they did.
Leiweke was the man.

But this franchise needs a hungry regime. Uncle Phil seems satisfied with the 2 Cups for the rest of his life.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Dream offseason:
* Blake pink slipped
* GM hires a new coach
* 2nd EDIT: lower Blakes jersey opening night
Why? This obsession with the past is a major reason for the Kings being in the position they are in currently. Do we really want to just start that all over again?

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
I want someone who can think outside the box and not just be a copy cat GM without any original thoughts or ideas.

A GM who can think and maneuver like McCrimmon or McPhee.

Remember that guy in Atlanta the first few years with the Thrashers? He was terrible, a laughingstock. Then, disappeared for awhile after getting fired. Somehow he has since resurfaced as a born again GM with Carolina. Seems like he took stock of what he did wrong in Atlanta and changed his approach with a few moves that have seemed to pay off for Carolina.

It's what we could hope for with Bergevin, IF he is indeed given Blake's job. Problem is, his finger prints are all over this Dubois debacle. Not very promising.

Regardless, who ever is hired for this job is going to be in tough. There are a few too many trade clauses with Kings players, really limiting what can be done. Even in a retool, anyone you would want to trade, or maybe add as a sweetener to go along with Dubois has an NTC or NMC. Gavrikov, Danault, Moore, Fiala.

The only chips to play with are Kempe, Byfield and Clarke. Blake didn't just paint himself into a corner, he painted everyone else into it.

Reactions: head eyes

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Why? This obsession with the past is a major reason for the Kings being in the position they are in currently. Do we really want to just start that all over again?
LAK last connection to something done right was DL and Liewike. Id like them to bolster the talent search for GM and President along with AEG - who I think have lost their way. This would have to come from Anschutz because I thnk Beckerman is part of the problem. Im not saying they should stay on, only help the search.

Re Justin Williams - its good to have team heros come back as an ambassador...not in executive positions like Bluc. JW is a winner and having his game 7 vibe around the team would speak to past excellence in the org. Brown could fill that role, but no way is he raising his kids in CA.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
We have to find a way to get Blake a top job in town, so ownership can save face next week without committing seppeku in public.

I’m pretty sure the summer Olympic Games are coming to town in like 4 years. This would be the perfect time to get Blake a gig as GM of the team USA national beach volleyball team (or surfing, if that’s an Olympic sport).

He can work part time from home and find cushy spots over the next couple years for Emmer, Muzz, Modry, Storr and I’m sad to say OD.

The harder nut to crack is Robitaille’s “promotion”. He’s hit his ceiling for a job in town. And he has zero pull outside sentimental Kings fans.

Best case scenario is a reality tv series for Luc. He could be PM of Canada with some luck. I’m pretty sure he survives the upcoming purge of Rob, Jim H, DJ and Dave L. So there is time to figure out the transition plan for all key stakeholders.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad