OT: Where are you from?

What is your relationship to the Tampa Bay area?

• I'm from Tampa Bay (i.e., the Bolts catchment area)

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I'm from South Florida (i.e., the Panthers catchment area)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from elsewhere in Florida

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I used to live in Florida

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I have never lived in Florida, but I've spent a lot of time there

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I have no relationship to Florida

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I asked this question a year or two ago on the Panthers board because we are loaded with Finns and randos from around the world. We still have plenty of Floridians, but I'm curious.

(I myself have no relation to Florida. I'm a fan of the Kitties for other reasons).

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Born on MLK (back when it was Buffalo I think) in the Women's hospital literally across the street from The Old Sombrero in 1988. Fast forward 33 years and I live just 16 miles north of it in the Lutz area.

If there's anyone more Tampa than me it's because they're older and their family goes back generations. There's a lot of them too

Last edited:
Reactions: Outl4w

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tony Hawks Underground has a Tampa level
Call me a weirdo, but I never even touched any Tony Hawks games. I only ever had Skate 3 demo on by Xbox 360.

My parents told me to never tell strangers on the internet personal information so I can't participate in this thread.
Not sure if I should be offended that you still call us strangers after all we've been through together.

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary
I'm Hungarian, living now in Hungary, but was born in Slovakia, so that's where love of hockey comes from. I started watching hockey NHL in the 2012-2013 lockout season, until then my only encounter with the NHL was the NHL 06 demo game ( I was like 10 ). There are two teams in that demo, the Lightning and the Leafs. I think I really dodged a bullet there with choosing Tampa :D

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Spent all but nine months of my life living in the Tampa-St. Pete area. Don't know how long that will remain true but after my Orlando experience I'll never live in a non-coastal area again.

Reactions: Hoek

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Russian, born in Latvia, living in Norway. Was in Orlando in 94 or 95, cant remember cuz I was 4 years old xD SO I probably was nearby when franchise born :)

Reactions: DFC and JoVel

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I was born in another part of the state but moved here before I was 1 year old so basically a native of Tampa. Went to college up north and lived elsewhere here and there for a few months as well as traveled a fair bit internationally so it's not all I've known at least lol.

Reactions: BackLightningBack

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Call me a weirdo, but I never even touched any Tony Hawks games. I only ever had Skate 3 demo on by Xbox 360.

Not sure if I should be offended that you still call us strangers after all we've been through together.
While that is valid, I cannot release my information to Tim Smith and Matt Watson.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Only lived in St Pete FL for about 6 months when I was 19, originally from upstate NY live in Virginia now. Fell in love with the bolts in 2002 when I watched them in the hotel room while at Disney World.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm Canadian. Grew up a Steve Yzerman fan. I've been to Florida and Tampa Bay once in my life, but it was before I became a fan (somewhere around 2011).

Yzerman retired right when I left for college, and I didn't have much time to follow hockey. So I went 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 years barely watching. When I came back, the Wings team had drastically changed, and I didn't really have a "connection" with them. Meanwhile, down in TB, Steve Yzerman was building a fast young team, and I just found myself watching TB games with more emotion than I watched Wings games. I loved that we kind of sucked in those early years, but you could see how bright the future was, so it felt like getting in on the ground floor. I think the most anxious I've EVER been for a hockey series was the year we got swept by Montreal.

Love this forum, and the discussions/arguments we have. Sometimes I feel like an honorary Tampa Bay...ian?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm Canadian. Grew up a Steve Yzerman fan. I've been to Florida and Tampa Bay once in my life, but it was before I became a fan (somewhere around 2011).

Yzerman retired right when I left for college, and I didn't have much time to follow hockey. So I went 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 years barely watching. When I came back, the Wings team had drastically changed, and I didn't really have a "connection" with them. Meanwhile, down in TB, Steve Yzerman was building a fast young team, and I just found myself watching TB games with more emotion than I watched Wings games. I loved that we kind of sucked in those early years, but you could see how bright the future was, so it felt like getting in on the ground floor. I think the most anxious I've EVER been for a hockey series was the year we got swept by Montreal.

Love this forum, and the discussions/arguments we have. Sometimes I feel like an honorary Tampa Bay...ian?

If you grew up near water you're one of us

• Haha
Reactions: BackLightningBack

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I grew up in Vancouver. Been in Japan now for 30 plus years. Never been to Florida but I did have a minor role with the Bolts at one time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad