Speculation: Which of your team’s D-men would you not be shocked to see dealt?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Rather than ask “who is available”, I want to rephrase the question as “who wouldn’t be a complete and utter surprise to see get dealt from your team’s D-line”

I could see any of five D-men moving from STL and not be shocked (Perunovich, Tucker, Krug, Faulk, Leddy) but would be caught completely by surprise at a trade if Parayko or Matt Kessell. Harder to see Leddy getting moved, since he has been Parayko’s best partner since Bouwmeester’s sudden retirement, but there’s a scenario or two that makes sense to see him dealt. Not so much for Parayko and Kessell.

Who of your team just absolutely won’t get dealt with 99.5% certainty - and who does that leave with a somewhat reasonable, even if unlikely chance, of getting dealt?

Last edited:

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Pionk- Would be moved to make room, both in cap and in the lineup, for an upgrade
Schmidt- please, please, please, please…get rid of this guy…please, please, please, please
Stanley- ok as a depth guy, but would be moved to make room on the roster for youth

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
1. Chychrun
2. Hamonic
3. Brannstrom
4. JBD
5. Chabot

My prediction, personally, is 2 or 3 of the top 3. If Hamonic isn't moved/LTIRetired, JBD's odds of being dealt would go up.

• Haha
Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like Jokiharju winds up moved - RFA, an over-abundance of PMD, but he is a RHD so that is both of value to them (they don't have any other than him and Clifton) but also out in the world as a trade piece.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Cody Ceci. Oilers tried unloading him in a deal to get Chris Tanev. I expect we find a way to send him packing in the off season. Team needs a top 4 RD upgrade.

Brett Kulak might be moved to open a spot for Broberg and some further cap space if we do a top 4 RD upgrade.

Last edited:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Provorov is gone for sure, Bean is likely not to get a QO, Boqvist probably gets one more year. Could maybe even see them moving Jiricek for an upgrade elsewhere. Werenski, Gudbranson, and Severson are the only ones safe, I'd think.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Nobody. I'm not trying to claim the Canes defensemen are all untouchable. I just can't see them moving any of the guys under contract for next season...Burns, Slavin, Orlov, or Morrow.

We're more likely of a buyer than a seller on defense.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would be surprised to see any of them dealt, because I don't think the Flyers are dispassionate enough about their roster to make the hard decisions they're going to need to make this offseason.

That said, I would only be shocked if we dealt Drysdale or Seeler, since Danny acquired the first and extended the second mid-season. Those two feel like his guys in a way the rest of the rostered D don't.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
There's just no way all of these lefties will remain in Montreal:

Guhle
Harris
Matheson
Struble
Xhekaj

Especially since we have more guys on the left side coming up.

On the right side, Kovacevic's time is probably up. I f***ing hate Barron but this org is often blinded by draft status, so he'll probably get more chances even though he has no balls.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad