Who should play with Bennett and Tkachuk (including playoffs)?

Me preferrable linemate for Bennett and Tkachuk (including playoffs) is:

• Nick Cousins

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other player currently on the roster

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other player acquired via trade

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • One of the prospects

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Trust me, Nick Cousins has not been good this season. So should he still be playing with Bennett and Tkachuk? This question also involves topic of preferrable lines going into playoffs. I'm not against trying different options in regualr season, but for the postseason team should be set as best as possible.

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Since there are some more games left, why not have.a longer look at Luostarinen on their LW?
Both the 3th and 4th line played very well last game with Lombo/Cousins respectively, so no risk taken there

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The first line is so good because of Barkov and the second line is so good because of Tkachuk. But I don’t want to see them diluted by players like ERod and Cousins if it isn’t necessary. We should have a 1-2 offensive punch.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Cousins and Rodrigues are just not good when you compare them to the top two Lines.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Call me crazy but promote Lundell as an experiment to see if potential offense is there for the 2C/top 6 full time promotion when Bennett shifts down/or unfortunately walks in UFA?

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Lundell-Bennett-Tkachuk
Stenlund-Luostarinen-Rodrigues
Lomberg-Dalpe-Gadjo/Cousins

Feel we need to see if Lundell can take the next step and loved the chemistry with Tkachuk on the winning goal in OT.
Tkachuk and Bennett will also mentor/protect him and maybe some of their grit will transfer over to the young Finn.

Assuming we don't make a move?
Yay or nay?

Reactions: KW and Great8Cam

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think you have a Cousins/Gad/Lombo alternation on the 4th line. Stenlund is a lock on the 4th. Get a banger with skill for Tkachuk and Bennett because they will be able to run that line.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Call me crazy but promote Lundell as an experiment to see if potential offense is there for the 2C/top 6 full time promotion when Bennett shifts down/or unfortunately walks in UFA?

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Lundell-Bennett-Tkachuk
Stenlund-Luostarinen-Rodrigues
Lomberg-Dalpe-Gadjo/Cousins

Feel we need to see if Lundell can take the next step and loved the chemistry with Tkachuk on the winning goal in OT.
Tkachuk and Bennett will also mentor/protect him and maybe some of their grit will transfer over to the young Finn.

Assuming we don't make a move?
Yay or nay?
I like it

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I like it

Only thing I'd maybe swap is maybe Stendlund as 3C and Luostarinen as 3LW since he's been playing more wing of late than Tommy?

Feels it gives 2 really good scoring lines and 2 decent bottom 6 lines.
I get the need is for a scoring 3RW but is it gonna be a big enough upgrade anyhow?

My main wish is Eberle but likely costs too much.
Bjugstad next and then it gets murky after that.
Gonna be an interesting next few weeks hearing all the rumors surrounding the Panthers.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Only thing I'd maybe swap is maybe Stendlund as 3C and Luostarinen as 3LW since he's been playing more wing of late than Tommy?

Feels it gives 2 really good scoring lines and 2 decent bottom 6 lines.
I get the need is for a scoring 3RW but is it gonna be a big enough upgrade anyhow?

My main wish is Eberle but likely costs too much.
Bjugstad next and then it gets murky after that.
Gonna be an interesting next few weeks hearing all the rumors surrounding the Panthers.
Actually I meant to say maybe let Tommy be center so we’re on the same page

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
I don't get this obsession with Cousins. Tkachuk and Bennett got a lot of points lately when Cousins wasn't even on ice.

Their on-ice results together aren't even great, especially for a team this good.
1708563731947.png

If you want Verhaeghe to play with Barkov, at least try on line 2 someone more talented than Cousins. But not sure if we'll see domination like this:

1708564028235.png

We also saw how much better Lundell plays with good linemates, and I don't think Lomberg or Stenlund are the solution there.

So I see three options: accept the Sunrise Assassin as the best fit for a LW there, or try someone like Luostarinen but not necessarily expect the line to be the most dangerous together, or trade for a player who would be good fit there and have some skill.

I don't think our signed prospects are fully ready to make immediate impact in top-9, and that's not taking into account how much chemistry they would find there. There is an outside possibility with Jack Devine given his checking skills, but he can be signed only after the trade deadline and nobody knows if he'll be given some NHL games with a team that good.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Cousins is like Benny and Tkachuk's pet dog.

He's on that line cause he can fetch.

Please upgrade him.

If they trade for Duclair because that's all we can do.. I'd still be happy

Verhaeghe Barkov Duclair
Rodrigues Bennett Tkachuk
Luostarinen Lundell Reinhart
Lomberg Stenlund Gadjovic

Let's ride

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Nick Cousins

If it aint broke, don't fix it.
I mean, verhaeghe - Bennett- Tkachuk wasn't broke nor was the Reinhart - Barkov - Rodriguez line but we split them up anyways.

Either way it's good to know we can roll multiple line combinations without it affecting the quality of those lines too much. So really, it might not matter as much as we think.

Reactions: MaWa and BeezKnees

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Would love to see someone like Armia or Bjugstad in that spot. A big body that's mobile and can play that style. I'm not sure if Bjugstad is physical enough. Cousins is decent on the walls and forechecking but overall I would like to see a bigger body in that spot.

Edit: Didn't realize both are signed through next year...not sure that would be a good idea considering we need space to sign guys this summer. I think whoever we look to bring in has to be a pending UFA.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Thought the same. Not sure Zito would bring someone in with term since we need every last cent for next year. I’m thinking like @Gentle Man said and maybe try to get Barabanov and call it a day.

Reactions: Gentle Man

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Here's an interesting one I found that played under Maurice in Winnipeg...Jack Roslovic. Has a decent history of putting up some points in a top 6/9 role...pending UFA, shouldn't cost a bunch to acquire, knows Maurice's system. Pure rental for stretch/playoffs.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I mean, verhaeghe - Bennett- Tkachuk wasn't broke nor was the Reinhart - Barkov - Rodriguez line but we split them up anyways.

Either way it's good to know we can roll multiple line combinations without it affecting the quality of those lines too much. So really, it might not matter as much as we think.
I was thinking playoffs. That line seemed to work last playoff, So why not try it again?

The team is very versatile. If a line starts struggling, Paul can easily switch things out. Or (knock on wood) an injury occurs.

Reactions: Felidae

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think it depends on who we're playing. If we draw Toronto again, put Cousins there and just bully them again. I'd put money on us acquiring a top 9 forward, so we'll have a lot of versatility. And whoever Bill the Man acquires, he'll likely be a versatile player anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad