Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I'm a big Lev fan but actually think Demidov should be the pick because I'm not as sold on Nazar/Moore and think they need high end forwards more than D.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
But, no Russian factor, right?
There has never been anything that has prevented a Top 10 pick from coming over in a year or two. Podkolzin was drafted out of SKA and was in Vancouver in 2 years and he wasn't even good in the KHL.

If Demidov decides he wants to go to NA, which all signs point to he does, then he will leave when he wants. The Russian factor exists in a way that teams can't always get all the viewings they want, and the guys that are borderline will likely choose to play in KHL over AHL...Who wouldn't. No Russian superstar at 18, 19, 20 just decides they aren't coming. The money in the NHL is too good and its still the best league in the world.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Robin Press and Luke Johnson...aren't they former Hawks?

Yes.

Here's some more of them from the article.

"You played this season with Luke Johnson and Robin Press, who were both in the Blackhawks system. Have you talked about the Blackhawks with them?

(Kantserov in English) Yeah, so many times. I’m usually talking with Lukey and Robin. Sometimes we’re talking about Chicago, about Rockford. These guys, every time they told me, you’re a young guy, you have the chance, you have good skills, you have so much of a chance to play in the NHL. I remember when we were drinking on the team bus, Robin told me, promise me when you get to the NHL, you pay for a ticket to your game with the Blackhawks and me and Lukey will come to Chicago to see you play in the NHL. OK, I promise you. It’s funny guys. If you see Robin, absolutely great Sweden defender. He has good hands, good shot, good skating. This guy was a big part of our team."

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm a big Lev fan but actually think Demidov should be the pick because I'm not as sold on Nazar/Moore and think they need high end forwards more than D.
I think the world of Nazar/Moore as well as Levshunov but if the comps are Pietrangelo versus Datsyuk even in a position of need, I might be all in on the latter

But time immemorial we see top heavy offense(E.g. Toronto/EDM) opposed to a strong defense being less effective at winning cups than one would think.

Then of course, when I think of a team with strong defense it's Nashville through the last decade which comes to mind but of course it was likely different styles/features before the standardization of skill and the archetype of the modern top pairing D.

Korchinski Levshunov
Vlasic Rinzel
Allan/EDM (S. Jones lol)
Kaiser

versus

Josi Weber
Ekholm Ellis
_____ (S. Jones lol)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Interesting mock draft atvlines.com(Bill Plazcek).

Has Hawks taking Lindstrom at #2(justcread the profile he wrote on Lindstrom and you will not want anyone else). THIS IS A SPECIAL type...projects to a 6'4 220 lb dominating physical 2 way center with a greatvshot and 200 ft game ..You do not find this type who can skatecss fastca he can..Hebis exactly what Hawks need to balancevout Bedard on the other top li e ...exactly what we need to match up and dominate vs. top players of other teams.. He projects as scarey onve he puts it all together.Has all the size piwercand tools to be a special force on the ice.KD would be an idiot to pass this up.

I see hom as a linchpin to giving us 2 effective lines of totally different styles.

At #20 He has Hawks taking Michael Hage ...but thiugh I love the play and pitential of Hage ,he is another Center...and if we took Lindstrom at #2, Hage is redundancy given we already have 3C centers coming from the pipeline...
Unless theyvwant to move Bedard to RW ,thenI cannot see is drafting Hage in a scenario where we got Lindstrom earlier at #2.

HOWEVER ,Plazcek has another favouritevof mone going at #21...Yegor Surin...though he also can play Center,I see him as RW compliment...has the skating,the size,the physical play (hardest hitter in the draft) the passion and compete to be a feared RW to either Bedard or Lindstrom...eotgerxway I cannot be unhappy if we take Hage or Surin at #20.

ThERE is however a scenario I can imagine where KD tradesvup a few spitscto get Beckett Sennicke who also would be a great RW compliment for wither of the top 2 lines.
Has the height ...just needs to fill out his frame..Has the skating andvtools and physicality you want..

Plazcek has him goibg at #16 but I can see anywhere from 12-18 for this kid.. But likely not still there at #29..So perhaps KD tries to movevup.

However I think this easily establishes my top 4 fBourite forward targets for roubd 1 for the Hawks.

I think I only draft sone dmem I round 2.

However Plazcek has Hawks taking under 6 foot (5'11 174) Gabriel Marques (RW) at #34...his profile on hom suggests an elite playmaker who is among the brst slot shot creators in the draft..Onvious merit in that but I just do not want to go undersized at winger again
You goita win the board and puck battles.

I would consider drafting a dman at #34
..Pkazcek has LD Norway dman Stian Solberg going at #37 ..and I realky like what I see from hom pkaying for Norway at the WHC...Van skate...can stick on his check...physical..And great first pass to get pucks out..

I know we want RD but the best of them went I round one...

PLACZEK has Hawks taking big Charlie Erick who is a RD at #67 ...I like Harrison Brunicke and Colton iiberts better than Erick but neither last to our L A pick so we would need to draft them earlier at #34 if we want one of them.

He has the Hawks taking goalie Carter George with our L A pick,but I doubt KD takes a goalie in round 2 this draft..

If anything we can package 3rds with 2nds to move up to get Brunicke..or Roberts ...

If Cole Beaudoin still on the board for our Van pick I roundx2 ,grab him...
Versatile ...pklys C in Juniors with Barrie...but see hom also a s a winger who brings energy and physicality on the forecheck ...200 foot player.. solid...

You can tellI am thinking more like Dallas and Florida...nothing wrong with skating and skill but you also gotta win the battles with size and physical play..

I just hope KD is thinking to add thse elements early this draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think the world of Nazar/Moore as well as Levshunov but if the comps are Pietrangelo versus Datsyuk even in a position of need, I might be all in on the latter
Datsyuk comps are pure nonsense.

Datsyuk is one of the best two way wingers to ever play the game.

Demidov does not have that kind of defensive prowess.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

Heard chef and would imagine you’re right

But also maybe KHL is not the league to show off defensive prowess

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Center* If he was a winger he would have gone the way of Hossa, and never even gotten 1 Selke.

He was also drafted in the 6th round, and didn't really become the Datsyuk we know and love until like his 5th season in the NHL. He wasn't even on Selke radar until his 4th season, where he finished 20th. His first two seasons he only finished with 35 and 51 points. His 5th season he went on to win the Selke.

Last edited:

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Didn’t realize that 17 year olds are incapable of developing their game defensively.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Didn’t realize that 17 year olds are incapable of developing their game defensively.
They can, and they do.

But calling him Datsyuk now, when he doesn't display any elite defensive abilities, is a silly thing to do.

It just doesn't work as a comp or projection. Come back to me when he's 25 and we'll see if he's morphed his game into something close.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
@Taze em likes Levshunov
@hawksrule likes Buium
Myself likes Demidov, but also likes Catton
@Pez68 doesn't like anyone /s
@Kevin Musto likes Silayev
@JaegerDice likes Parekh
Fiddy likes Lindstrom
@DisgruntledHawkFan likes Catton too

There are plenty of different opinions out there. Larmer has his opinion, Darkstar, Warrior. There are others who engage in prospect discussion as well I just threw names that I remembered off the top.
I think Demidov is the clearly the 2nd best player in the draft. I think he has the best hands in this draft, and I think he has 1st line talent. After him, I'd put Buium, Lindstrom, Catton and Iginla in a group. After them, I'd put Dickinson, Levshunov, Yakemchuk and Silayev in a goup.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
@Taze em likes Levshunov
@hawksrule likes Buium
Myself likes Demidov, but also likes Catton
@Pez68 doesn't like anyone /s
@Kevin Musto likes Silayev
@JaegerDice likes Parekh
Fiddy likes Lindstrom
@DisgruntledHawkFan likes Catton too

There are plenty of different opinions out there. Larmer has his opinion, Darkstar, Warrior. There are others who engage in prospect discussion as well I just threw names that I remembered off the top.
I really like Catton but not at two. I gotta imagine you're not saying I've got him second overall.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
3-4 days ago, I was all in on Demidov. Now with each passing day, I'm actually leaning more and more towards Levshunov although I'm still all in on Demidov.. just more 70/30 instead of 95/5.

Reactions: kp61c

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad