Player Discussion William Nylander

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I won't pretend to know what's going on with Nylander, but the optics of this are not good, like at all.

If it ever comes out Nylander was nursing a minor injury during the last few games of the season and Keefe was playing him anyway the backlash is going to be intense. I think Keefe will be gone if they lose to Boston but this will certainly set it in stone in my opinion.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

That sounds like it could be concussion related. Stay in darkness for a couple days, now he is out testing to see how he reacts to being on the ice. I think Keefe probably told us all we need to know... if he feels well enough to play, he will.

Reactions: arso40

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
This is not on Willie. All management and their decision. Edmonton rested their entire top 6 Vs Colorado. They probably didn't want Hyman to take a hit like this before playoffs. Where is the common sense?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Unfortunately, Keefe will be the downfall for this team with stupid decision making like this (among a lot of other bad decisions).
I know it’s too early for negative talk, but Shanny really dropped the ball by not firing Keefe during last offseason.

We had 12 healthy forwards... who is sitting? Role 9 forwards? All of Matthews, Marner, and Nylander?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That sounds like it could be concussion related. Stay in darkness for a couple days, now he is out testing to see how he reacts to being on the ice. I think Keefe probably told us all we need to know... if he feels well enough to play, he will.

I was thinking concussion, started by the big hit he took, and then adding a minor hit.

Of course we're all guessing, but concussions are sneaky.

Reactions: wingman75

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This is not on Willie. All management and their decision. Edmonton rested their entire top 6 Vs Colorado. They probably didn't want Hyman to take a hit like this before playoffs. Where is the common sense?
This is on the media too. Matthews chase for 70 ensured he would stay in and then Willy would need to as well. Then Leafs have cap issues.

As much as players like Matty say "it is team first" he has to realize how much he gets worn down for so many games, all intense as he is chasing a goal, even if historic.

That said, I was ok with Matty being in the T.B game as it was no-contact. Nylander would need to be honest with management if he was injured though./

Also, could the league not give back to back games against FLA teams to end the season? No games against Vancouver or Arizona, I mean Utah to end the season?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Idiotic and fireable offense to be playing these guys into game 82 of the season all to chase personal accolades.

Sums up their priorities.
Pasta, Marchand, McAvoy, etc (I don't believe they sat anyone notable) all played game 82 for the Bruins abd they had even less to play for than us. Hell management was probably hoping for a loss.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Dude sticks around to get his 100th point which he would’ve already surpassed if he didn’t mail it in halfway through the season and tweaks his back…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad