Post-Game Talk: Wings 5 Leafs 4 OT

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Nope, should have been a major, but the call on Domi was a penalty. You can continue with your conspiracy theories though, as all you seem to do is whine about penalty calls
Right on... or I'm allowed to disagree with a call I don't think most teams would get called for with 10 seconds left.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I agree, it was a blatant dive. Should have been coincidental at minimum, but we are Leafs fans. We know how it goes.

Players need to start preparing for the bias. They should all be made to watch the game 6 against Tampa 2 years ago.
Yeah but according to gonnieface I'm a big whiner.

Yup I complain about the refs so what. I'm allowed. Also they are shit for more than just the Leafs but the reffing has gone down hill.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

that's bad.

Brodie out there in OT is next level galaxy brain by Keefe.
Keefe really is a part of the problem.
Surprised JT wasn't a forward out there.

They were on the PK. Domi took a penalty with 10 seconds left.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
A lot of saltiness after losing a meaningless game. The only concern right now is Samsonov, and Keefe playing Brodie 30 minutes a game
And Nylander’s lack of defensive ability, I mean forget the TTC, if there was a short bus for defensive stupidity Nylander would be riding it game in game out………..

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
And Nylander’s lack of defensive ability, I mean forget the TTC, if there was a short bus for defensive stupidity Nylander would be riding it game in game out………..
He's just brutal. When he's in a mood he will hang out in the neutral zone and let his teammates do all the work to get the puck out. You would think he would grow a bit defensively but he's soft as hell out there. He better reach 100 or he will get alot of backlash from the anti contract crowd. One slump next year and the daggers will be out.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think Rielly will click into his playoff flow state and just play free and full tilt, but Brodie is a soft link and will get exposed to repeat forechecking. A guy struggling like that is going to get singled out for sure. The more we use him, the more to our detriment.
Rielly’s as bad or worse than Brodie on the defensive side of the game, pairing them together is going to ensure a early exit from the playoffs, book it……….

He's just brutal. When he's in a mood he will hang out in the neutral zone and let his teammates do all the work to get the puck out. You would think he would grow a bit defensively but he's soft as hell out there. He better reach 100 or he will get alot of backlash from the anti contract crowd. One slump next year and the daggers will be out.
Not looking forward to another eight years of Styles mailing it in defensively, especially at the stupid number they signed him to, should have waited until the offseason, at least that way he’d either keep killing it or you could get him for less money. Leafs are their own worse enemy………

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Glad Matthews got 69 but Sammy is a….concern. Not doing anything in the playoffs with this goaltending. McCabe injury looked bad. Hope it wasn’t an orbital bone. Knies and Domi have to stop taking dumb penalties.
While I agree, they're not doing anything more egregious than what anyone on the other team is doing. They're just getting called.

Reactions: Al14

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Just saw the OT winner replay. What in the actual f*** was Brodie doing there? He had no other role than to cover Larkin. There was already someone waiting to block a possible point shot. SMH
“What the actual f*** was Brodie doing there?” Brodie being Brodie, get used to it, he’ll be a goat if he sees the ice in the playoffs

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I honestly believe Rielly and Nylander will pick up their game in the playoffs, but Brodie and Samsonov will end up costing us. Brodie with his stupid brain dead plays and panic with the puck, and Samsonov with his fragile mental state and penchant for bad goals, will sink us. I hope to be proven wrong.

Reactions: arso40 and ACC1224

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Nope, should have been a major, but the call on Domi was a penalty. You can continue with your conspiracy theories though, as all you seem to do is whine about penalty calls
Since 2017, we've been in the bottom 6 or 7 for pp time consistently. You don't even want to see how few penalties Matthews draws either. It makes the NHL look even more clown league than it already is.

I've even read about new Leafs getting a bit of a shock after witnessing the difference in how Leaf games are called versus their old teams' games.

I mean a penalty is a penalty - sure - but statistically it seems more so for the Leafs.

Reactions: Al14

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
McMann injury really blows, hope he is ok for playoffs. McMann-JT-Marner was looking like an excellent line.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Since 2017, we've been in the bottom 6 or 7 for pp time consistently. You don't even want to see how few penalties Matthews draws either. It makes the NHL look even more clown league than it already is.

I've even read about new Leafs getting a bit of a shock after witnessing the difference in how Leaf games are called versus their old teams' games.

I mean a penalty is a penalty - sure - but statistically it seems more so for the Leafs.
Where do they rank for pk time?

Seems most games they get more PPs than PKs, like last night.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It was a big deal. If they lost they’re probably done. Now they need WSH to drop 1 point and they control their fate with 2 games against Montreal.
Go HABS Go !!!

Ewwwwww, I need another shower to wash away the disgust I feel for cheering for the Habs !!!

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Where do they rank for pk time?

Seems most games they get more PPs than PKs, like last night.
It was 3-3 last night?

5 penalties drawn is pretty wild for Matthews.

Reactions: Jojalu

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Is it really shocking considering the style they play over the past 5 years. Arizona and Vegas are also at the bottom, but I thought Bettman wanted these teams favoured? Vancouver and Ottawa top 5 in PP opportunities, isn’t the NHL anti Canadian? The difference between teams over 5 years is probably minuscule, it’s just convenient for fans to blame the refs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad