GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not that I have any interest in going tonight, but I do wonder whether the crowd will be ugly or just apathetic if the inevitable finally happens and they get pushed into their playoff grave.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
i think it may have been a bit of a mercy killing like Ruff’s firing. After the missed penalty shot and Kovalchukian shootout fail, i think a chunk of the fanbase was ready to turn on him. I was already seeing tweets and even posts on this board saying that Jack doesn’t care or that he’s not trying. Only a matter of time until the boos started.

Honestly can you imagine a worse season to have chirped that people pay to watch him play?

If he had just yelled out "watch US play" and not "watch me play". That's the kind of thing that, along with poor play for whatever reason, doesn't play well with fans.

Reactions: NJDevs26

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
The 'people pay to watch me play' is true and he can say this whenever he wants. I didn't think it was inflammatory. What I think is inflammatory is Nico calling the Sabres a "certain team" after blowing a multi goal lead in a must win game. Career year or not, it was a clown statement by him that reminded me he's still a kid. But Haula did admit the team was 'arrogant' and did not 'respect the game.'

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know why insulting another team grinds your gears more than an ego-driven statement, even if it looks a bit like misplaced anger at this point given the Sabres may well finish ahead of us. Still, I don't really give a shit about Nico lumping in the Sabres with the twenty other games against shitty teams we lost, playing down to bad teams was obviously a problem all year.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Devils can be officially eliminated tonight with a regulation loss.

Pittsburgh/Detroit play each other Thursday and Pittsburgh/Islanders play each other the last game of the season. That means two of those teams are guaranteed to get to 86 points. A regulation loss tonight drops the Devils max to 85 points.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

1712702534085.jpeg

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't know why insulting another team grinds your gears more than an ego-driven statement, even if it looks a bit like misplaced anger at this point given the Sabres may well finish ahead of us. Still, I don't really give a shit about Nico lumping in the Sabres with the twenty other games against shitty teams we lost, playing down to bad teams was obviously a problem all year.

Because Tampa, NYR, even the Stars are probably calling us a certain team and then they go on the ice and beat us, that's why. This is a "lessons learned" kind of season, so I'm hoping the new coaching staff instills a more omnivorous spirit in this team. If points are available, go and get them. Stop running your mouth after the game (or just ask Bratt for interview advice). Also rich for Nico to be saying that after being a participant during the tolilet paper lineup years.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Am I just feeling shitty or is this the most boring 5 minute start to a game this year?

Reactions: njdevils1982

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Not that I have any interest in going tonight, but I do wonder whether the crowd will be ugly or just apathetic if the inevitable finally happens and they get pushed into their playoff grave.

If the previous home game crowd, was any indication then mostly everyone was already jaded and accepting the fate.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Because Tampa, NYR, even the Stars are probably calling us a certain team and then they go on the ice and beat us, that's why. This is a "lessons learned" kind of season, so I'm hoping the new coaching staff instills a more omnivorous spirit in this team. If points are available, go and get them. Stop running your mouth after the game (or just ask Bratt for interview advice). Also rich for Nico to be saying that after being a participant during the tolilet paper lineup years.

He was criticizing himself and his own team, not running his mouth about the Sabres. The Sabres don’t care about this, you do.

And who gives a shit if other teams call us a “certain team” in the same way?

I would be embarrassed if our players cared if opposing players said that.

Both the Sabres and the Devils aren’t a playoff team this year, so other teams can say what they want. You want to be considered a playoff team win more games.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I skipped this game at the minute. Not even sure if my brother was able to do something with the tickets, didn’t care that much.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I couldn't get home in time to get to the game but my all time energy level to go to the game is at low levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad