Youth Competitions

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Deserved it. That Matturro at left back they have is impressive. Kid's the size of a wardrobe but he can move. Genoa just paid 3 mil for him in winter and he's already played 2 serie B games for them, albeit at center back.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Really limp second-half Israel performance. Very uncharacteristic of their tournament, can't do anything going forward and tripping over themselves. Not confident in an equalizer here, but great tournament either way.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Casadei now with 7 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches and 15 minutes at this WC, all from central midfield. Chelsea fans, take notice, this kid looks like your future.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Casadei now with 7 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches and 15 minutes at this WC, all from central midfield. Chelsea fans, take notice, this kid looks like your future.
If they lose out on Caicedo and Lavia, Casadei and Santos better be ready lol

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
3 goals with headers, 3 with his right foot and one with his left. Why look for a striker, just put this kid at central forward haha

Sep 19, 2008
Good game at the half from La Plata, Italy scored 13 or so minutes in but Korea Republic equalized on a penalty. We are tied at 1-1 at the half.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Italy still with the posession but they aren't getting grade A chances, Korea works incredibly hard.

Korean goalie with an amazing point blank save that had to go to VAR to keep the game tied. Italy's coach should do well to take out his right back, he's made so many fouls today it's only because of the ref's lenience that he's still on the pitch.

Now Italy's keeper with a big save, and their coach finally taking right back Zanotti off the pitch after his seventh(!?) foul, including the one that led to the penalty.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Italy win 2-1. Late free kick with barely enough time in regularion (87') was the dagger.

Should be a good final.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I knew that 17yo was some kind of free kick ace when I saw Casadei letting him shoot from there haha

Simone Pafundi, and yes only 17. He plays for Udinese and is already getting minutes with the first team, though tends to come off the bench thus far and has yet to make an impact. One of the top Italian prospects based on what I’ve seen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea going to have him in the loan army. Hell have a permanent move to a Serie A team in 2-3 years

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Chelsea going to have him in the loan army. Hell have a permanent move to a Serie A team in 2-3 years
Don't know about that, he's really good against his peers. Dominates defensively and in the air (helps he's much stronger than players his age). In attack he finds space like he's Muller, and shoots very well with both feet. If I have to say something negative he never made a pass I thought was too creative, goes for the simple passes most of the time, but for a number 8 maybe that can be good.
Simone Pafundi, and yes only 17. He plays for Udinese and is already getting minutes with the first team, though tends to come off the bench thus far and has yet to make an impact. One of the top Italian prospects based on what I’ve seen.
He's really tiny though but showed in 10 minute more than Baldanzi in 80.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't know about that, he's really good against his peers. Dominates defensively and in the air (helps he's much stronger than players his age). In attack he finds space like he's Muller, and shoots very well with both feet. If I have to say something negative he never made a pass I thought was too creative, goes for the simple passes most of the time, but for a number 8 maybe that can be good.
I’m not saying you are wrong about any of this, but the onus is on Chelsea to prove they will do something different than they’ve done for the last two decades here

Reactions: luiginb

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
What the hell was Prati thinking? 0-0 in the 81st minute of a final. Jeez.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I actually felt yellow... there was very little force, more like a cat pawing...

well deserved lead.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Italian keeper was giving it to Gonzalez about his height...hope he cries over this loss all night. Better team won.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
This Uruguay U20 has to be one of the most beautiful teams in international football I've ever seen. Even with the dreadful reffing in the final by the Swede (2 Italians should have been sent off), they kept Italy to ZERO shots on goal. I'm convinced Diaz and Matturo are going to be superstars, and I also believe their goalie and two centerbacks are going to be top 5 league players for years to come.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad