Injury Report: 2015-16 Injury Report "He Could Have Played if Needed" edition.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Holzer is fine, unless I missed something. He'll probably draw in for Game 1.

It seems suspicious that only 1 reporter is saying about him, maybe mixed up him with Stoner.

If Holzer can play then he draws in place for Theo and pairs with Vatanen?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It seems suspicious that only 1 reporter is saying about him, maybe mixed up him with Stoner.

If Holzer can play then he draws in place for Theo and pairs with Vatanen?

If he plays Id say it's more likely he draws in with Fowler to keep the left/right hand combination in tact. I doubt he gets a regular rotation though I think Despres and Vatanen will probably rotate in on that top pairing to keep Holzers ice time around the 15-17 minutes he normally plays.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Hazy, so ''all Ducks will be ready for game 1'' - seriously?

So looks like we have to forget about Bieksa, Holzer, Pirri and Stoner for a while. Despres and Manson are what we have left from ''tough D''.

If Rakell and Perron are back soon, then

Santorelli-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry
Garbutt-Thompson-Wagner/Horcoff

Fowler-Despres
Lindholm-Manson
Theodore-Vatanen
---
And with Perron:
Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry
Garbutt-Thompson-Wagner/Horcoff

-
Theo-Vatman pair is a bit worrisome if they are put together. I mean they should be sheltered a bit, there is tremendous offensive potential but i`d not like to get them trapped in their own end vs Johansen-Neal.
On the other hand this is an opportunity for Theodore to break out. Fowler was tremendous at the end of his first year - which was Nashville too ;)

Forgot Ritchie in this line up.

I'd like this one except I'm not sure how Rakell does in the middle in his first week back. I think it would be better to start him on the wing. Which probably gets Horcoff in the line up somehow.

Last edited:

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
So Josh Manson did not make the trip. No surprise there. I hope he channels Dave the next time he,s healthy against the Preds. Forsberg is a sneaky dirty player.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Would be great to have those 2 back. I have no idea who Pirri could replace, the only ones coming in mind are Horcoff or Garbutt. Probably Horc.
Stoner could replace Theon Sheajoy :)sarcasm:).

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Would be great to have those 2 back. I have no idea who Pirri could replace, the only ones coming in mind are Horcoff or Garbutt. Probably Horc.
Stoner could replace Theon Sheajoy :)sarcasm:).

Garbutt should be going nowhere, and horcoff is doing fine as well. I don't see where Pirri draws in, and I'd still take Santorelli over him anyways. I guess if we start needing scoring he will get a look, but as of now I think he'll be watching the games.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
And our big guns were fine then? I thought silf was still pretty darn good this series. Even with those injuries

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Silfverberg had 0 goals in 7 games and didn't do much of note generating pressure in the offensive zone like he was doing down the stretch. That doesn't get a pass.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Silfverberg had 0 goals in 7 games and didn't do much of note generating pressure in the offensive zone like he was doing down the stretch. That doesn't get a pass.

I remember lots of folks giving Getzlaf/Perry "a pass" last year when they were injured in the playoffs.

Oct 18, 2011
Silf had 5 points in 7 games and played on a line that did a really good job on who they played against, he is low on the list of culprits

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

5 points in 7 games is still 5 points in 7 games... And they were all good plays for the assists.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
5 points in 7 games is still 5 points in 7 games... And they were all good plays for the assists.

Numbers are one thing but in the offensive zone he wasn't great at sustaining pressure and didn't do much. Perry also had 4 assists and he was one of the worst forwards on the team.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Numbers are one thing but in the offensive zone he wasn't great at sustaining pressure and didn't do much. Perry also had 4 assists and he was one of the worst forwards on the team.

Except Silf was great at being a defensive beast like always. Perry did nothing to help on defense or even on offense. Trying to go after Silf's performance is crazy imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad