NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Toronto Maple Leafs hire Craig Berube as head coach

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I’d give up my left nut for Draisatl

Lindholm was very good.

Draisaitl is somehow still underrated. Usually by people who think he benefits a lot from playing with McDavid. And of course that helps. But he's a phenomenal player in his own right. An all-round talent. 101 playoff points in 61 games even has Connor in the shade.

In terms of forwards, if I could pick anybody to play for my team, I'd have McDavid first, then MacKinnon, then Drai. Matthews is very good too, but his playoff record has to give Draisaitl the edge.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yeah I am not a fan of this. I'm happy that he's healthy again don't misunderstand me but playing in the NHL again? Nope.

However we know some NHL team will probably take a chance and so will he. :(
I hope that Sweeney doesn't get tempted...

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Nucks have 3 straight game 7’s scoring 0 goals so far.

Lindholm not looking much different than Zacha tonight. Certainly not 4-5 million dollars per year better.
THAT is what's going to get him a contract here. He'll fit right in. I hate that kind of (what feels like) apathy and fear.

I’d give up my left nut for Draisatl

Lindholm was very good.
I would too. YOUR left nut! lol

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Draisaitl is somehow still underrated. Usually by people who think he benefits a lot from playing with McDavid. And of course that helps. But he's a phenomenal player in his own right. An all-round talent. 101 playoff points in 61 games even has Connor in the shade.

In terms of forwards, if I could pick anybody to play for my team, I'd have McDavid first, then MacKinnon, then Drai. Matthews is very good too, but his playoff record has to give Draisaitl the edge.
IMO, the Bruins need to find a way to shake him out of Edmonton. IF they can, if he's available this summer they NEED to find the money (and right return in players of course) for this guy. Make him the highest paid Bruin on his next contract. If Edmonton wants to wait until the TDL, I would attempt to hold onto enough cap (I think it will be definitely NORTH of $10 million). I don't know what the limit is for a player but in his case I would get to the number if possible by a team that needs other pieces.
In a trade, I wouldn't be hesitant to have an open mind on the return.
To me there are only maybe a half dozen guys that I don't include and Mason Lohrei his a guy that would be a deal breaker even though he's not a core player YET.
"Pull out all of the stops."

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Don't think I'll watch the remaining games in the playoffs, the refereeing in most of these series has been brutal. It's to the point that you'll be able to predict when penalties are going to happen by the way the game is playing out. I don't even know what is and isnt goalie interference any more.
Neither does the NHLoL.

Reactions: Thirty Seven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad