B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought I heard on the 32 Thoughts podcast that Staios might want his old pal Jay McKee coaching Belleville next season, which would leave David Bell looking for a new team...

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Lassi Thomson, Jacob Larsson leave Belleville and probably Dillon Heatherington to go overseas.
Seeing a bit of an exodus of Veteran D out of Belleville.
Under pro contract for 24-25 is Kleven, Sebrango, Donovan, Hamara & Toure.

Guenette & Matinpalo are both RFA's.
Kleven has a decent shot at being in Ottawa, Toure probably would need to start in the ECHL.

I would think that they would re-sign Guenette. Not sure about Matinpalo?
That potentially leaves Sebrango, Donovan, Hamara & Guenette for B-Sens D next season.

Drafted players in the mix are Nordberg, Wallberg, Andonovski & Stanley.
Wallberg & Stanley just finished their first year of NCAA. They are likely not coming yet.
Nordberg had a fairly ho-hum season in the USHL and Andonovski probably stays another year in Kitchener (OHL).

Looks like they are going to need to bring in 2 or 3 veteran D for Belleville next year.

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seeing a bit of an exodus of Veteran D out of Belleville.
Under pro contract for 24-25 is Kleven, Sebrango, Donovan, Hamara & Toure.

Guenette & Matinpalo are both RFA's.
Kleven has a decent shot at being in Ottawa, Toure probably would need to start in the ECHL.

I would think that they would re-sign Guenette. Not sure about Matinpalo?
That potentially leaves Sebrango, Donovan, Hamara & Guenette for B-Sens D next season.

Drafted players in the mix are Nordberg, Wallberg, Andonovski & Stanley.
Wallberg & Stanley just finished their first year of NCAA. They are likely not coming yet.
Nordberg had a fairly ho-hum season in the USHL and Andonovski probably stays another year in Kitchener (OHL).

Looks like they are going to need to bring in 2 or 3 veteran D for Belleville next year.
Why would they not re-sign Mantipalo? I see that as a no brainer.

Reactions: DrEasy

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
In thinking about it a bit more Hamara and Donovan might well need time in the ECHL as well.
It is a big jump from the CHL to AHL.

That leaves just Sebrango, Guenette and potentially Matinpalo.
I would assume they will bring to bring back Dillon Heatherington as a veteran leader on the team.
They are still going to need to sign at least 2 more D for the season.
I would assume that they will want to have a strong team in Belleville after getting a taste of the AHL playoffs this year. Someone like Andlauer would know that having a strong foundation of winning starts with your AHL team.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Nice little article on Donovan in the Athletic with the bulk of the info coming from his current GM and coach.

Apparently he’s a coaches dream, a massive presence on and off the ice, committed to playing a defensive first game, is a thick 6’2” with pro level training and eating habits. Has been a target for Saginaw since the start of last season, apparently trading Minty to Ottawa for a bunch of picks was to have the trade capital to trade for Donovan, pretty interesting.

Bell loved him as well.

There is no chance he plays in the ECHL, he is straight to Belleville if this is how he is described by his current coach and GM.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nice little article on Donovan in the Athletic with the bulk of the info coming from his current GM and coach.

Apparently he’s a coaches dream, a massive presence on and off the ice, committed to playing a defensive first game, is a thick 6’2” with pro level training and eating habits. Has been a target for Saginaw since the start of last season, apparently trading Minty to Ottawa for a bunch of picks was to have the trade capital to trade for Donovan, pretty interesting.

Bell loved him as well.

There is no chance he plays in the ECHL, he is straight to Belleville if this is how he is described by his current coach and GM.
And he's another left shot D, those mentioning what happens if Chabot gets hurt, well they will have Kleven in Ottawea & Donovan in Belleville, they have LD depth & I expect they should have a vet at LD next season in Belleville as they have done in the past. It's RD that needs to be improved right now.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
And he's another left shot D, those mentioning what happens if Chabot gets hurt, well they will have Kleven in Ottawea & Donovan in Belleville, they have LD depth & I expect they should have a vet at LD next season in Belleville as they have done in the past. It's RD that needs to be improved right now.
The draft does not improve anything right away. We will sign 1 or 2 RD this year and perspective will change.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad