Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Fake news
1710018547004.png

Fake news is right. Weeks says "wouldn't be surprised"

Are news sites just trying to AI articles now?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If Sam Reinhart makes it to free agency, he would be my #1 target, he can play center and RW, he would cost more coming off a career year, but he would be a HUGE add for the Bruins. You would still have money left for other signings, I assume Forbort and Grizz are going to walk and that adds more cap space, you could also move Ullmark for picks.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
If Sam Reinhart makes it to free agency, he would be my #1 target, he can play center and RW, he would cost more coming off a career year, but he would be a HUGE add for the Bruins. You would still have money left for other signings, I assume Forbort and Grizz are going to walk and that adds more cap space, you could also move Ullmark for picks.
I really hope Forbert and Gryz are walking . I really see no place for either on this team going forward . It may not be popular with a lot here but would like to see DeBrusk remain a Bruin. Heinen if he can be signed for around 2mil per year would be great to keep as well.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I really hope Forbert and Gryz are walking . I really see no place for either on this team going forward . It may not be popular with a lot here but would like to see DeBrusk remain a Bruin. Heinen if he can be signed for around 2mil per year would be great to keep as well.
Yep agree I think Forbort has played his last game as a Bruin and would not be surprised at all if the let Gryz walk. I think DeBrusk signs a 5 year extension and a team friendly deal, Heinen could stick around as well, he has done okay this year, but I don't think he gets more than $1m aav.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Yep agree I think Forbort has played his last game as a Bruin and would not be surprised at all if the let Gryz walk. I think DeBrusk signs a 5 year extension and a team friendly deal, Heinen could stick around as well, he has done okay this year, but I don't think he gets more than $1m aav.
When I think about it more 2mil may be to much for Heinen . I do think he will get at least 1.5 mil . He is a very useful player in the sense he may not produce a lot but is not a player that hurts you . What would you consider a team friendly deal for Debrusk. five at 5.5 mil ?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So looking forward to next year, they will have a bunch of money to spend. They need to sign Swayman (~$7M), sign a 1C, and an LD.

I'm guessing Lindholm is plan A at center at about $8-$8.5M. Plan B is probably Chandler Stephenson. He would likely come in cheaper. And the rest of UFA centers are underwhelming. Maybe Plan C is trade Ullmark for C.

On D, gotta think Hanifin is plan A and maybe Skjei as plan B for long-term commitments. If they can't get either of them, they're probably looking at more short-term vets. Maybe Brendon Dillon.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell
Freddy-Poitras-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
JAG1, JAG2

Lindholm-Mac
Hanifin-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Looking like a strong lineup for next year if they can get the guys they want.

The DeBrusk and Ullmark situations could turn some of this on its head. I suspect that they will add a LD or the 1C via the trade market instead of UFA. If you resign DeBrusk having Lysell and the Ullmark return leaves you in a good position on the trade market to go after someone younger or better than Lindholm. I also wonder how tied they are to adding a 1C vs best forward at any position available.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So sounds like the Ullmark trade that got shut down wasn't the shitty PLD trade that was rumored, which is great. Friedman was saying he heard it would've sent Ullmark plus a defenseman to an eastern conference team for another defenseman.

To me that sounds like Ullmark + one of Gryz/Forbort for Chychrun considering Sweeney has been interested in him for forever. Wouldn't surprise me to see the bruins circle back in the offseason for that same reason.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
When I think about it more 2mil may be to much for Heinen . I do think he will get at least 1.5 mil . He is a very useful player in the sense he may not produce a lot but is not a player that hurts you . What would you consider a team friendly deal for Debrusk. five at 5.5 mil ?
I think it will be under $5m, maybe 4.75 per, listening to Dom and Mark's podcast, someone on there think's it could be between 3-5, but I could see even $5m per year and I would be good with that.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN and bme44

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So sounds like the Ullmark trade that got shut down wasn't the shitty PLD trade that was rumored, which is great. Friedman was saying he heard it would've sent Ullmark plus a defenseman to the Sens for another defenseman.

To me that sounds like Ullmark + one of Gryz/Forbort for Chychrun considering Sweeney has been interested in him for forever. Wouldn't surprise me to see the bruins circle back in the offseason for that same reason.

I think him blocking to Ottawa is the most likely scenario. Fact is, that organization's reputation among NHL players isn't good. Ask Del Zotto. Then toss in other negative factors (rink location, etc.).

But I wonder if the D-man wasn't Chabot. He hasn't really lived up to his contract and his modified no-trade kicks in this summer and he's due 10 million in real money next year and the following two years with another 8 million in the final year. The Sens still owe him 60% of his contract.

If I'm the Sens and I'm looking to ship out one of my 3 LD, Chabot is the guy I'd move before Chychrun and obviously Sanderson. They can't be looking at Chabot's deal the next 4 years and think it's good value, especially for a budget team.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So sounds like the Ullmark trade that got shut down wasn't the shitty PLD trade that was rumored, which is great. Friedman was saying he heard it would've sent Ullmark plus a defenseman to an eastern conference team for another defenseman.

Hmm, so all the people freaking out that Sweeney might have been seriously pursuing PLD were wigging for nothing? Sounds about right LOL.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Heard that and thought it sounded reasonable....they said "geographic reason".... everyone assumed LA... Maybe it was Canada

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
the more I think about it Peeke and Maroon make perfect sense, the Bruins had 3 biggest needs.
1) Physicality on Defense
2) Physicality in the bottom Six
3) Top Six Center

1 and 2 were alot more affordable than Number 3, and while Don tried long and hard it seems to get number 3 as well. their plan was always to address it next year. lets see if we can go on a run.

Last edited:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
So looking forward to next year, they will have a bunch of money to spend. They need to sign Swayman (~$7M), sign a 1C, and an LD.

I'm guessing Lindholm is plan A at center at about $8-$8.5M. Plan B is probably Chandler Stephenson. He would likely come in cheaper. And the rest of UFA centers are underwhelming. Maybe Plan C is trade Ullmark for C.

On D, gotta think Hanifin is plan A and maybe Skjei as plan B for long-term commitments. If they can't get either of them, they're probably looking at more short-term vets. Maybe Brendon Dillon.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell
Freddy-Poitras-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
JAG1, JAG2

Lindholm-Mac
Hanifin-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Looking like a strong lineup for next year if they can get the guys they want.

This is almost exactly what I had for next year, but I traded Ullmark to Jersey for Siegs and didn’t bother with Hanifin. Lots of space to play with after that.

Reactions: Bodit9

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
the more I think about it Peeke and Maroon make perfect sense, the Bruins had 3 biggest needs.
1) Physicality on Defense
2) Physicality in the bottom Six
3) Top Six Center

1 and 2 were alot more affordable than Number 1, and while Don tried long and hard it seems to get number 3 as well. their plan was always to address it next year. lets see if we can go on a run.
Yeah phisicality on defense, i have some doubts, going to war with a bottom pairing Wotherspoon and Peeke and call it a physical presence...oufff...not great! Let see what Peeke have but he s not suddenly going to be an absolute force and scary for other teams, may be an easy target...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah phisicality on defense, i have some doubts, going to war with a bottom pairing Wotherspoon and Peeke and call it a physical presence...oufff...not great! Let see what Peeke have but he s not suddenly going to be an absolute force and scary for other teams, may be an easy target...

Who is your absolute force and scary as a 3rd pair D that was available for the Bruins? Genuinely asking who you had in mind here.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

LOL Bruins trying to knock Gryz out of the rotation again? Predicitng a big playoffs for he and Jake

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
5 mil or less would be wonderful !
Agree, if they can get him to agree , then sign him for sure, I actually like DeBrusk, unlike many on here. I would have traded him though if he had no intention to re-sign or he was part of a deal that would have helped the team, but not for 4th liners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trizz617 and bme44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad