Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Tampa won't be retaining on the depth. They need the space. Jeannot could be had with ease, but the name to really watch is Cirelli.
Oof...would be rough for him to sign that long-term extension (that doesn't have any trade protection kicking in before the 25-26 season), and getting traded before the 2nd year of it....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oof...would be rough for him to sign that long-term extension (that doesn't have any trade protection kicking in before the 25-26 season), and getting traded before the 2nd year of it....
Especially when he ends up in Buffalo.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We are very similarly built as Tampa. We lose key players because of the cap like they have. The core players are similar age.

Kucherov 30
MacK 28

Point 28
Mikko 27

Stamkos 34
Landy 31

The only difference is Makar much younger than Hedman, but both this team are going through similar stuff as their core players age, trying to figure out how to surround them with the right depth players to make another cup run

They do have Vasi though who’s still young which is much better than what we have in net

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We are very similarly built as Tampa. We lose key players because of the cap like they have. The core players are similar age.

Kucherov 30
MacK 28

Point 28
Mikko 27

Stamkos 34
Landy 31

The only difference is Makar much younger than Hedman, but both this team are going through similar stuff as their core players age, trying to figure out how to surround them with the right depth players to make another cup run

They do have Vasi though who’s still young which is much better than what we have in net
I'd say Tampa is a year or two ahead of the Avs, but it isn't far off. Both teams are fighting the same thing... knowledge that you don't have time to re-tool, so spend everything you can to try. All teams that win with a later 20s group end up facing this.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Cozens-Cirelli-Tuch would be hell to play against. Then they go Peterka-Tage-Quinn all skill line. That's a decent top 6.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
i was told back in January Cirelli wasn't going anywhere even if it was to make room for Stamkos. He still might not, but even if Stamkos comes in at $6m they are going to have to cut somewhere. Not a lot of fat to easily trim off that roster. Maybe they have some surgeries scheduled.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Cozens-Cirelli-Tuch would be hell to play against. Then they go Peterka-Tage-Quinn all skill line. That's a decent top 6.
They traded Mitts because they wanted Tage and Cozens at 1C and 2C. Both guys are already signed for like 39 years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Cirelli would be 3C there despite the contract. I'm just stating the chatter is going to get louder around Cirelli and Buffalo is one of the places. So are New Jersey and Toronto.

I personally think the move to clear space for Stammer is stupid (but franchise icons make orgs do stupid things as we will soon see), but there are three names floating to save space. Cirelli is the most likely.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Whatever we do in the offseason, we gotta stay healthy going into playoffs, and we just have to have 4 lines Bednar can trust to put out there. We can’t keep being heavily reliant on top 2 lines. That just doesn’t work in the playoffs. Top guys get gassed and you’re done as we saw vs Dallas.

It’s actually bit troubling that we don’t even have a better 4C option than Wagner in the minors. Gotta start drafting better bottom 6 forwards for sure

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Cirelli would be 3C there despite the contract. I'm just stating the chatter is going to get louder around Cirelli and Buffalo is one of the places. So are New Jersey and Toronto.
That's weird. From a roster construction POV none of these teams make sense: Thompson/Cozens, Matthews/Tavares, Hughes/Hischier.

Tavares sucks but they aren't getting rid of him this year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's weird. From a roster construction POV none of these teams make sense: Thompson/Cozens, Matthews/Tavares, Hughes/Hischier.

Tavares sucks but they aren't getting rid of him this year.
You’re thinking of him as a 2C and not 3C which he’d be used as with each of these team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad