2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Some extrapolate Bedard into 56 goal scorer yet Riechel on pace for what, 0 goals and maybe 12-15 point season.
60 goals

Signed with players

Connor Bedard
Taylor Hall
Philipp Kurashev
Andreas Athanasiou
Ryan Donato
-Colton Dach
-Ryder Rolston
-Jalen Luypen
-Samuel Savoie
—Gavin Hayes
—Paul Ludwinski
-Antti Saarela

Seth Jones
Kevin Korchinski
Connor Murphy
Wyatt Kaiser
-Ethan Del Mastro
-Nolan Allan

Arvid Soderblom
-Drew Commesso

RFAs
Lukas Reichel
Taylor Raddysh
Alex Vlasic
-Cole Guttman
Mackenzie Entwistle
Reese Johnson
Boris Katchouk
-Isaak Phillips
-Joey Anderson
-Michal Teply
-Filip Roos
-Jaxson Stauber
-Mike Hardman
-Louis Crevier
—Landon Slaggert
—Dominic Basse
—Connor Kelley
—Liam Gorman
—Michael Krutil
—Villi Saarijarvi

UFAs
Corey Perry
Nick Foligno
Tyler Johnson
Jason Dickinson
Nikita Zaitsev
Jarred Tinordi
Colin Blackwell
Petr Mrazek
-David Gust
-Brett Seney
-Luke Philp

Of this list, who is getting shipped out at the trade deadline?

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
60 goals

Of this list, who is getting shipped out at the trade deadline?
TJohnson, Mrazek, and Dickinson are getting moved forsure. Bedard is living with Foligno and Perry is a veteran presence so I doubt they move either of them.
I can't see anyone wanting to pay more than a negligible return for any of the other guys on the list. Maybe a team desperate for a big dman will give up a 5th - 7th rounder for Tinordi.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I’ve conjured up another ridiculous fantasy…

The perfect case scenario:

- Luck out in the draft and land one of Celebrini/Eiserman with our lottery pick and then land a legit top pairing quality RHD with our other 1st from TB.

- Get outstanding development from the 3 young defenseman and have all 3 take another step forward, especially in their own end.

- Eventually add Nazar and Moore who come in right around the same time and add another layer of electric young talent. Meanwhile getting extended playing time with 98 in 2023/24 does wonders for Kurashev who blossoms into a dangerous winger anywhere in the top 9.

- The real surprise ends up being in net with Commesso exceeding all expectations and bursting onto the scene.

- Make smart and aggressive moves, go out and sign Nylander from TOR to load up even further in the top 6 and sign Montour to play RD on the top pair and boost the overall Dcore by chain reaction. Keep AA and Foligno around. Top it all off by bringing back Kane in 2025 after he shows he’s still an elite caliber player in Buffalo for a year and a half.

Your 2025/2026 Chicago Blackhawks:

Reichel-Bedard-Kane
Nazar-Celebrini/Eiserman-Nylander
Foligno-Moore-Kurashev
Ent/Katchouk-Guttman-AA

Korchinski-Montour
Kaiser-TB’s 2024 1st
Vlasic-Jones

Commesso
Veteran backup

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
TJohnson, Mrazek, and Dickinson are getting moved forsure. Bedard is living with Foligno and Perry is a veteran presence so I doubt they move either of them.

Bedard is in the same apartment complex as Richardson I believe. Whether Foligno is also living in the same building or not I don't know. But I doubt that'll be an issue if Foligno wanted to go to a contender.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Bedard is in the same apartment complex as Richardson I believe. Whether Foligno is also living in the same building or not I don't know. But I doubt that'll be an issue if Foligno wanted to go to a contender.
If Foligno wants to stay, I'd be happy to see him here for the whole year and next season. But he might well want another shot at a cup before he retires.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Basically interesting realistic fa are nino, Domi, Hanifin. You have to take a step forward somewhere.

Gotta watch what Vegas and Carolina do. They have a lot of interesting talent coming up. Teuvo, necas, Jarvis — Stephenson marchessault.

On the bottom end Calgary, Seattle, Edmonton and I think winnipeg will come back down to earth and some interesting pieces could shake loose.

The hawks have a top 5 nhl city and a ton of money and a clear direction with a superstar. I think we’ll be surprised with the interest in coming here.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
William Nylander would be an ideal signing. I'd expect Nazar to be on this roster btw.
I feel like that would be the equivalent of TOR signing Tavares when they did. Didn't fit their timeline and wrecked their cap structure. I like Nylander, but I don't think he'd be a fit for now. He's gonna want money and term, and we aren't even close to win-now mode.

Reactions: Giovi and ClydeLee

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I feel like that would be the equivalent of TOR signing Tavares when they did. Didn't fit their timeline and wrecked their cap structure. I like Nylander, but I don't think he'd be a fit for now. He's gonna want money and term, and we aren't even close to win-now mode.
when we fight for a playoff spot that off season is when you sign our first LT contract. hossa

• Love
Reactions: TheOne

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
If Foligno wants to stay, I'd be happy to see him here for the whole year and next season. But he might well want another shot at a cup before he retires.
He's 36 and making $4 mil in CHI (AAV). If he wants to cup chase he's likely looking at about league minimum for 1 year, because no cup contending team is gonna have that kind cap space for a 37 year old. I'd like to think he's happy to ride his career off into the sunset making a couple mil mentoring the next generation here, but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Reactions: Giovi

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
In terms of long-term outlook rn the only guy barring injury, I can guarantee you sees a bag to the level to make this an issue is Bedard. The Leafs signed Tavares with Nylander, Marner, and Matthews already having asserted themselves as guys in need of massive contracts. Nylander is also the type that would age gracefully.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Any team with Tinordi and Murphy on it is by definition a Tank team...I woukd have included $9.5 I that assessment too ..but he started looking better once Alex Vlasic paired with him as tgectop pairing....ie. Vlasic saves SJ from another embarrasibg low or negative impact performance ..so I guess I can live with $9.5 on the team ..cause -15 is better than -38 ...but Murphy and Tinordi are pylons..Negative impacts for sure..

Any UFA's you thought as decent help will be mesmerized into sleepwalking zombies or transformed from decent players into suckees ...Nobody can survive Tinordi and Murphy
...so there will not be any improvement...thecfuture back to the past.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
With this line up the Hawks shouldn't win another game this year. So lets just say Celebrini is a Blackhawk. They still need veteran forwards at the flanks

Who are some options that could improve the line up via trade or UFA?

Reactions: Pez68

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Aside from any veteran they sign, I think Davidson targets one younger player for a trade that isn’t super expensive. Like max costs a second. I don’t like the veteran free agent crop at all.

I also have no idea what they do at the deadline. We’ll likely have Bedard, Foligno, Anderson, Raddysh and Jones back by then So we can actually ship players out should kyle choose to.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Will they sign Artur Kayumov whose contract ends when Lokomotiv finishes this seadon?

Does he want to cone overc and do the Hawks want to him?

Maxim Shalunov also has his contract ending when thisxseason is over..but he is niwx30 years old...Still got sone juice inthe tank...experienced and brings size.....but does he want to leave Russia aftwrxalk these years and do the Hawksxwant to sign him for use as 2-3yearstop -hao till younger draftees are ready?

Shalunov Bedard Kayumov
Would be an interesting first line

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Tgeycwill sign Slaggert..but not sure if any need to rush Nazar and Greene ...remember Nazar missed Fr. Yearwood injury ...so reakjy only yrcinNCAA play this season..Hopefully he has a better year in college next season and develops the shooting/finishing aspect not evident in hos game (yet).

I think Greenexalso needs anothercsesdonin Boston U to become a more impactful cog and up hos production level..
So I woukd not count on any help from our college draftees in 24/25 season except for Slaggert who peobablyvgetsvonlyv3rdvorc4thbkinevuse anyway.

RathercI can see signings from severa college free agnts this summer...esoecially if currentvJr. Yr.Quinnipiac stars Jacob Quillan a(C) and Colin Graf (RW) decide to turn pro instead of returning for theurr Sr. YR.

I would also consider trying to sign big Gabriel Seger a C with Cornell ..Nearku 61% on draws..big 6'4 size.... scored a point a gane last seson and better than that xseason..Also Cornell captain.. Amuck better alternative at C than Entwhistle firc4th line but has the scoring ability to play 2nd or 3tdline whike being defensively responsible.

Pointbis.. therexARE some interesting possibilities without paying for big fish ufas ...ifcany last to free agency..

Theyare not signing Nylander.. looksvlijecLeafs near a dedeal.and I think FLA does notvletxReinhardtvgetvtobfreexagency..

I do not think Hawks will go after any pricey ufas of they get to free agency.

In 25/26...maybe.

Hawksxwill nibble at te margins or pay big eve overpay if need to get to floor
.but short contract offers and certainly no NMCs for free agents this summer.

Of we get the #1and Celebrini then he insersx2C ...immediately for next sesson even though he would be only a month older than Bedard was when he began his NHL career...

Lots of options for KD ...but unless he wants the same planned torture TANK for 24/25 then the following have got to be off thecroster:

Murphy,Tinordi ,R.Johnson,Entwhistle,Jatchouk..

See how rest of season goes before deciding on Blackwell.

I would re-sign Dickinson...but not Foligno ...due to another year of age and mileage .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad