2024-25 Roster…too soon?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Its fairly young. He would be signed through his full prime. When we are trying to compete for a cup he will be Trocheck Panarin Zebanejad Kreider Barkov Verheaege Reinhart Benn Seguin Marchment Draisaitl Hyman Kane Miller Lindholm Joshua Garland age.
Those players will come in due time.. patience is key. Not trading away your assets.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It did play out poorly. He ended up overpaid for what he had produced at the time. I think it’s awesome he had a breakout year this year and way outproduced that contract.

But both Kurashev and Davidson expressed it was a tough process and not fun to go through. Davidson will not be going to arbitration with any of these players this year, he simply won’t allow it.
Agreed.

The only bright spot about that was Kyle shortening his learning curve. Arbitration is not a good idea.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Raddysh is the only guy on that list that might not happily sign a qualifying offer. But a twenty goal scorer going to arbitration would be a bad idea as far as one year signings can be bad.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Not sure who or what type of goalie I want to see them sign.

Can't put Soderblom in that spot again. What about Reimer? He's had a mess in front of him for a few season and won 5 of his last 6 starts when the games started to mean something for Detroit.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Can't put Soderblom in that spot again. What about Reimer? He's had a mess in front of him for a few season and won 5 of his last 6 starts when the games started to mean something for Detroit.
Samsonov for a couple years. Bring in a Russian to help out the transition for Demidov Chernyshov and Kantserov. :naughty:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Take Petersen off of Philly's hands for assets

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Samsonov on a 1-year deal would be smart

Anderson and Mrazek rebounded away from Toronto. I expect same from him with less pressure and blame

He also will be looking for chance to rebuild his FA stock for next offseason. A good showing in Chicago in platoon would likely get him a multiyear deal somewhere (Maybe even Chicago like Mrazek did)

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
it's not worth the risk of bringing Samsonov here. no point and he is not SO good, tell him to take his sideshow elsewhere. We don't need that potentially infecting the young core.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m not sure how I feel about Cirelli. He’s turning 27 this summer, 7 years left at 6.25. Great defensively, seems limited offensively. Paid right through his prime years.

I would lean towards no on him. But let’s be honest, Davidson has already come out and say they’re looking for a 2C. If he comes cheap because he ends up being closer to a cap dump, I could see the Hawks going for him. There really aren’t many good center options in the free agent market. And the ones that are there are going to be badly overpaid anyways.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Are there Cirelli rumblings post McDonagh trade now?

I can absolutely see him being KD's 2C acquisition.

He's an absolute burner. Good defensive forward too.

He's mildly overpaid, but that does bring his value down to the point where KD can probably 1 for 1 trade Reichel for Cirelli. So Chicago would lose nothing of value.

I'm all on board.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
it's not worth the risk of bringing Samsonov here. no point and he is not SO good, tell him to take his sideshow elsewhere. We don't need that potentially infecting the young core.
What are you even talking about? lol. COVID protocol stuff from three years ago doesn't matter.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Are there Cirelli rumblings post McDonagh trade now?

I can absolutely see him being KD's 2C acquisition.

He's an absolute burner. Good defensive forward too.

He's mildly overpaid, but that does bring his value down to the point where KD can probably 1 for 1 trade Reichel for Cirelli. So Chicago would lose nothing of value.

I'm all on board.
Rumblings are only from the Lightning boards for now. But it’s either Cirelli or Stamkos as management has already stated they want a top 4 of Hedman, McDonagh, Cernak and Sergachev again.

So if Stamkos is back, Cirelli has to go. Just people putting the clues together.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
his roller coaster between his temples which have resulted in a fractured relationship with the Capitals, Kuznetsov and Samsonov could be suspended more than one game. Laviolette: ‘We’re working through things inside the room.’ Not to mention the fact that he was waived by the leafs. Too much baggage with him, look elsewhere.
He's a mentally fragile guy who could be brought in to be a backup goalie. If that turns the locker room sideways we're paying guys like Foligno and Dickinson way too much for nothing.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’m not sure how I feel about Cirelli. He’s turning 27 this summer, 7 years left at 6.25. Great defensively, seems limited offensively. Paid right through his prime years.

I would lean towards no on him. But let’s be honest, Davidson has already come out and say they’re looking for a 2C. If he comes cheap because he ends up being closer to a cap dump, I could see the Hawks going for him. There really aren’t many good center options in the free agent market. And the ones that are there are going to be badly overpaid anyways.

The contract alone is a complete nonstarter for me.

Solid player, but realistically he’s more of a good 3rd liner than 2C.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'd like to sign Samsonov, I just think they will stick to Söderblom as backup.

Great way to send message to team that there is no accountability and that for certain players they don't actually have to earn jobs and are instead rewarded for failure while better players are routinely singled out by organization and demoted

Soderblom has proven he is not an NHL goalie and should not be hand gifted another year on NHL roster

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He's a mentally fragile guy who could be brought in to be a backup goalie. If that turns the locker room sideways we're paying guys like Foligno and Dickinson way too much for nothing.
Goalies that are mentally fragile are not needed on this club, Nick and Jason have enough to deal with lol...

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
To Toronto- Jones Saros at 2.5 million and Nashville 1st
To Nashville- Marner
To Chicago- Liljegren+ 2.5 million Saros cap

Chicago- Jones for Lilgegren and 2.5 extra in cap

Nashville- 1st and Saros for Marner

Toronto- Marner and Liljegren for Jones Saros and a 1st

Saros signed 3 years 5 million
Liljegren signed 3 years 4 million
Marner signed 8 years 11 million

Ad