WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Oh well. Good comeback but Canada controlled 5 on 5. Never felt like we could win which is a feeling I had many times over the last 15 years when we played against them. So it will be US most probably, don't really believe Fins can beat Swiss. Our D doesn't match well against NA teams so I would not be very optimistic if that happened.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So sad guys, after 14 f***in years we finally had them. Comeback from 3:1, then OT pp and we lose it be letting such a stupid and unfortunate goal. Bounced from our Ds skates straight back on the Cozens stick, f*** what bad luck lol

Anyway good game, but we clearly saw how much are we lacking in the D. Krejcik was crushed the whole game, eventually cost us the game. Absolutely terrible tonight. Kempny, Hajek also weak.

Well I will push Finn's in the evening game, but 80% it looks like US. Not very optimistic there, that even bigger speed and power then Canada and our euro D's can't absolutely pick up that pace

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Oh well. Good comeback but Canada controlled 5 on 5. Never felt like we could win which is a feeling I had many times over the last 15 years when we played against them. So it will be US most probably, don't really believe Fins can beat Swiss. Our D doesn't match well against NA teams so I would not be very optimistic if that happened.
I have to disagree here. It was a very even hockey game 5 to 5. Most of the goals were PP‘s. The big difference in my opinion was/is that Canada’s is absolutely clinical with their chances; they need 2-3 chances to score and sometimes it hits you out of the blue like the game winning goal. But that’s not due to luck, it’s simply their quality.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
But I will say it again, it should have been Tichacek and Kral out there instead of Krejcik and Hájek, and we would have been much better.

Our D's are slow, and there is absolutely no support in the front, you can't outplay teams like Canada with defensive euro D's .. thats just my take, you want to compete with those teams you need everything you can from NHL of course, but from Europe you need to take highly skilled, creative and offensive players. No matter how defensively good your euro players are, those NHL guys will always outplay them, that's just a fact.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
16 point after the group is great, if anyone would told me that before the tournament I would say that no way we gonna get that many points

Sadly It can be no help for us in the end. If we get US, which is the most likely outcome sadly, I just don't see it .. not even with all the Pastas in the world. We just lack so much quality in the back to hold them off sadly

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
So sad guys, after 14 f***in years we finally had them. Comeback from 3:1, then OT pp and we lose it be letting such a stupid and unfortunate goal. Bounced from our Ds skates straight back on the Cozens stick, f*** what bad luck lol

Anyway good game, but we clearly saw how much are we lacking in the D. Krejcik was crushed the whole game, eventually cost us the game. Absolutely terrible tonight. Kempny, Hajek also weak.

Well I will push Finn's in the evening game, but 80% it looks like US. Not very optimistic there, that even bigger speed and power then Canada and our euro D's can't absolutely pick up that pace
They are very weak in goal though, Binnington on the other hand was quite solid today.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Overall.. really happy with round robin.. didn't lose once in regulation.

Curious what they do with lineup for quarters.

Our D is definitely not up to speed with the other D's.. around 5th overall. But our goalies and forward group is up there. Now our three NHLers are warmed up and ready to go.

Win or lose.. I've really enjoyed the team. Pissed we most likely get US as I love how their team looks.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Anyway, got a beer in a pub near arena to calm myself after those nerves lol.

And now I am off to the evening game, will cheer for Finland like crazy lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Overall.. really happy with round robin.. didn't lose once in regulation.

Curious what they do with lineup for quarters.

Our D is definitely not up to speed with the other D's.. around 5th overall. But our goalies and forward group is up there. Now our three NHLers are warmed up and ready to go.

Win or lose.. I've really enjoyed the team. Pissed we most likely get US as I love how their team looks.
Sucks if we get US and get kicked out after a good group

Even though I must partially apologize to Rulik and some posters here, who supported the lineup from the start, I still stand by the statement that it could have been even better then it is, and today's game clearly showed it.

Beranek, Flek, Krejcik, Hájek, Kempny, Kundratek are just useless when you face tough teams made of NHL players. It's nice that they can outskate and battle off teams like Norway or Denmark, but In the most important games where you go against the best, they are just too weak and not up a speed one bit

Tichacek, Kral, Vrana, Nosek, Zadina instead and I would be much more confident we can beat US then now.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sucks if we get US and get kicked out after a good group

Even though I must partially apologize to Rulik and some posters here, who supported the lineup from the start, I still stand by the statement that it could have been even better then it is, and today's game clearly showed it.

Beranek, Flek, Krejcik, Hájek, Kempny, Kundratek are just useless when you face tough teams made of NHL players. It's nice that they can outskate and battle off teams like Norway or Denmark, but In the most important games where you go against the best, they are just too weak and not up a speed one bit

Tichacek, Kral, Vrana, Nosek, Zadina instead and I would be much more confident we can beat US then now.
2-0 for the Swiss.lol

Looks like this beautiful tournament will end in a US quarter. They should fly in Roach.lol

This was your argument before it began... those guys were all playing at their absolute maximum. Bojovnik's going hard! However, when you ramp up the intensity with a stronger opponent (with skill that is going hard).. all of a sudden they look smaller and unskilled.

No doubt in my mind those players would make us better.

But, these guys have played great and haven't lose in regulation. They took Canada to OT and now Pasta/Necas/Zacha have a few practices and time acclimate a little more. I will cheeer to the end.

It would absolutely suck if our 3 NHLers flew in and we lost to both North American teams and were out on Thursday. I feel like we are a medal threat but I also feel like we are playing a big medal threat. I blame Finland.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That, and a Vokoun-esque performance from Dostal will net us a medal.
My view is that if we win the quarter that we could win the Gold. I do think we are in that conversation with our Forwards and G.

But that is a murderous quarter coming up... however, not playing Canada or Sweden who also look amazing.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
My view is that if we win the quarter that we could win the Gold. I do think we are in that conversation with our Forwards and G.

But that is a murderous quarter coming up... however, not playing Canada or Sweden who also look amazing.
Who would we play if we beat USA in the QF? Sweden?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So USA quarter it is, Finns are terrible so far, no way they are winning this.

And probably a QF exit it is too. Suck we played a good tournament,but failed to get that crucial point against Switzerland which will in the end cost us medal. It's a shame, shame we could not put together better D (and some of those players were available) and that Pasta probably came too late.

Sorry for that defeated talk, I just don't see us beating US with Krejcik, Kempny, Hajek, Kundratek. We are also missing one whole line, Cause Beranek etc. are useless against those NHL stacked teams. To be honest event that Palat-Sedlak-kase line was pretty invisible.

Today clearly showed how much the NHL players are needed to win gold even at WCH

Of course I want to be there Thursday evening apologizing I didn't believe and we won, but I just don't see it. We are missing that bit of an extra quality, especially in the D to beat a stacked team like us. I am sorry

Reactions: Old Man Jags

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Btw Filip Kral signed with Pittsburg, but we don't need him. We have Krejcik lol, who looked like Alice in wonderland today, but yeah he is probably better

Feel sorry for Pasta, he was so hyped off and he came here for two games lol. And worst part is that all that shit storm after we lose the QF will be on him. No one will notice our D is looking like a couple of amateurs from beer league compared to the Canada, US or Sweden

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
No everyone will be "Pasta played like shit bla bla, the NHL players are weak bla bla" ... but if you have absolutely no f***in support from your D's you can only do so much.

I say it all the time, this generation Ds needs to be half attackers also. It's not enough anymore to just defend good, you need to run plays, create chances for attackers, put up points to be a good D nowadays. Sadly all our D's are like 20 years in the past kind of players. Completely useless by today's standards

Its clearly obvious in the Finn's downfall. It's that type of hockey which is so over today lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Btw Filip Kral signed with Pittsburg, but we don't need him. We have Krejcik lol, who looked like Alice in wonderland today, but yeah he is probably better

Feel sorry for Pasta, he was so hyped off and he came here for two games lol. And worst part is that all that shit storm after we lose the QF will be on him. No one will notice our D is looking like a couple of amateurs from beer league compared to the Canada, US or Sweden
That's great news... I honestly had him and galvas as sure things.. one got cut.. one didn't get invited lol. I think he may have been our best Euro D. No idea why he got overlooked

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No everyone will be "Pasta played like shit bla bla, the NHL players are weak bla bla" ... but if you have absolutely no f***in support from your D's you can only do so much.

I say it all the time, this generation Ds needs to be half attackers also. It's not enough anymore to just defend good, you need to run plays, create chances for attackers, put up points to be a good D nowadays. Sadly all our D's are like 20 years in the past kind of players. Completely useless by today's standards

Its clearly obvious in the Finn's downfall. It's that type of hockey which is so over today lol
Our D is our weakness but they haven't been bad at all. They are backed by very good goalies and we have a lot of gritty forwards that don't give up too much ice.

Absolutely not how a team should be run in 2024 but we are also sporting some very modern forwards and rolling a nice top 9.

I think the Match will be close. We have yet to lose in regulation. We have shown the ability to make pushes and comeback on games. We haven't made many mistakes.

US have a much better d core but they also haven't had many tough matches lately. I think losing to Canada helps us in that regard. Also, as you know, I think it is very hard to beat a team twice in the same tourney so I'll take the loss today.

Our luck was hillarious though...

We lose to Canada
Swiss beat Finn's
Gbr beat Austria

Everything went wrong today.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716334789850.png

Good news! We are 5 and 5 against the US in playoff games as the Czech Republic.
Bad news! We are 1 for 5 in our 5 most recent meetings.
More bad news! 0 for 2 in Praha

This would be a good team to reverse those 2 trends.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Our D is our weakness but they haven't been bad at all. They are backed by very good goalies and we have a lot of gritty forwards that don't give up too much ice.

Absolutely not how a team should be run in 2024 but we are also sporting some very modern forwards and rolling a nice top 9.

I think the Match will be close. We have yet to lose in regulation. We have shown the ability to make pushes and comeback on games. We haven't made many mistakes.

US have a much better d core but they also haven't had many tough matches lately. I think losing to Canada helps us in that regard. Also, as you know, I think it is very hard to beat a team twice in the same tourney so I'll take the loss today.

Our luck was hillarious though...

We lose to Canada
Swiss beat Finn's
Gbr beat Austria

Everything went wrong today.lol
Yeah hopefully .. bookies see it similarly with 2.22 for USA and 2.79 for Czechs right now ... so expected close game

I was just angry and dissapointed yesterday, that we got the absolute f***in worst opponent for the QF eventhough we had good group. One stupid point against Swiss damn, but thats just sport, especially on those short tournaments every point is crucial, and Swiss got the most crucial one.

Today I am a bit more confident about the game, but still see it as a 60:40 for the US. Offensive D can sadly be the tiebraker here. We need dostal to pull of some Hasek, Vokoun performance out there and as you said earlier, our forwards need to outscore our D lol, which will definitely make a lot of mistakes again.

And of course is time to finally beat some tough opponent in the QF lol. In the last 7 years (2016 onwards) we only made SF twice and both were after the QF with Germany lol.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad