Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Might become a new branding opportunity. We could throw poutine
Dude...
1716114043952.jpeg

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
It should be noted that the chart posted by @BondraTime and @Sens of Anarchy containing Bob Mac’s voting distribution is likely not 100% accurate (this may have already been discussed, not sure). The original poster made a lot of guesses.

If anyone wants the information that can be deduced from the Bob Mac’s lottery rankings, here it is…

Celebrini: 10/10 had him at #1

Demidov: 5/10 had him #2; 2/10 had him at #3; 1/10 had him at #4; 1/10 had him at #5; 1/10 had him at #6 or lower

Silayev: 2/10 had him at #2; 3/10 had him at #3; 2/10 had him at #4; 3/10 had him #6 or lower

Levshunov: 3/10 had him at #2; 1/10 had him at #3; 1/10 had him at #4; 3/10 had him at #5; 2/10 had him at #6 or lower

Lindstrom: 2/10 had him at #3; 2/10 had him at #4; 2/10 had him at #5; 4/10 had him at #6 or lower

Dickinson: 1/10 had him at #4; 1/10 had him at #5; 8/10 had him at #6 or lower

Parekh: 1/10 had him at #3; 1/10 had him at #4; 8/10 had him at #6 or lower

Buium: 1/10 had him at #4; 9/10 had him at #6 or lower

Helenius: 1/10 had him at #3; 9/10 had him at #6 or lower

Iginla: 10/10 had him at #6 or lower

Catton: 10/10 had him at #6 or lower

Yakemchuk: 1/10 had him at #4; 1/10 had him at #5; 8/10 had him at #6 or lower

Eiserman: 2/10 had him between #6 and #10; 8/10 had him #11 or lower

Sennecke: 1/10 had him at #5; 2/10 had him between #6 to #10; 7/10 had him at #11 or lower

Connelly: 10/10 had him at #6 or lower

The above information comes from only the text of the article. I did not work to make additional inferences. It’s also really early where I live, and I did everything on my phone, so I hope I did not make any mistakes!

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
the lists are good but honestly i doubt these scouts are giving their teams exact lists just cause bob asked for them.
Year after year this list ends up being the most accurate predictor of how the draft will play out.

It's ten team's scout's opinions, and done before teams finalize their lists so they aren't truly giving their teams lists.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Year after year this list ends up being the most accurate predictor of how the draft will play out.

It's ten team's scout's opinions, and done before teams finalize their lists so they aren't truly giving their teams lists.
This has been discussed before here and elsewhere on HF and Bob has explained it before. Its a look at their rankings close to the time they are released by Bob.. We know they are anonymous , no teams have been mentioned. Bob has built trust over time with the teams he uses and never has there been a leak of any kind.. I am pretty sure these are high ranking members of the team's scouting .. that had been discussed previously as well.
I don't think we can poke too many holes in it. It tends to be the most accurate list when compared to actual drafts over time. Other services typically try to have their lists out ahead of Bob's as well. This year was a twist with Bob releasing the top 15 early.

Definitely Credible.

R2010

May 23, 2011
This has been discussed before here and elsewhere on HF and Bob has explained it before. Its a look at their rankings close to the time they are released by Bob.. We know they are anonymous , no teams have been mentioned. Bob has built trust over time with the teams he uses and never has there been a leak of any kind.. I am pretty sure these are high ranking members of the team's scouting .. that had been discussed previously as well.
I don't think we can poke too many holes in it. It tends to be the most accurate list when compared to actual drafts over time. Other services typically try to have their lists out ahead of Bob's as well. This year was a twist with Bob releasing the top 15 early.

Definitely Credible.

Also remember that time Bob decided to call the first 15 or so picks just for fun

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Definitely Credible.

Not saying it's totally made up, I think it's a good aggregate.

But like I said no scout is putting down that they have Karlsson, Pastrnak, Wyatt Johnston etc in their top 5/10 and sending that off to be published for the whole world to see.

Like personally, would you guys do that? What is the benefit of doing that?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not saying it's totally made up, I think it's a good aggregate.

But like I said no scout is putting down that they have Karlsson, Pastrnak, Wyatt Johnston etc in their top 5/10 and sending that off to be published for the whole world to see.

Like personally, would you guys do that? What is the benefit of doing that?
Yet that’s exactly what they do, otherwise you’d have Bob Smith and Joe Blowe in the top 5/10 lol.
When the top 12-15 are basically all the same for all 10 scouts, just different order, that’s exactly what they do.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yet that’s exactly what they do, otherwise you’d have Bob Smith and Joe Blowe in the top 5/10 lol.
When the top 12-15 are basically all the same for all 10 scouts, just different order, that’s exactly what they do.
I think his point is that in the rare circumstance where a team knows they have someone off the board in their top 10, they may opt to hide that information even from Bob. That may be true but given how consistently accurate Bob's lists seem to be, it is clearly going to be a rare situation,

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think his point is that in the rare circumstance where a team knows they have someone off the board in their top 10, they may opt to hide that information even from Bob. That may be true but given how consistently accurate Bob's lists seem to be, it is clearly going to be a rare situation,
Sennecke getting a top 5 vote is just one example this year.

Yakemchuk getting 2 while the rest were out of the top 10.

I mean Helenius getting a vote at 3rd is a team showing they love a guy ranked ~10 atop the draft.

Teams aren’t afraid to have that information out there anonymously. Teams and scouts have a very good idea who is where on other teams lists in a general sense.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Assuming silayev, levshunov are gone, Buium/Dickinson are in the lead for me as of now.

I’m on the Zeev train right now. If he falls to us we done good.

Realistically we should have a shot at one of Buium, Dickinson, Lindstrom.

Not bad

So I’d turn chychrun into a RHD now and stick with

Sanderson
Chabot
Kleven

on the left until buium/Dickinson is ready then replace chabot with them.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Tkachuk is already a star in the NHL & Pinto & Sanderson are trending in the same direction & they are both still very young. IMO Pinto is already a top six player & will have a great offensive yr next yr, if he can stay healthy all yr. Ottawa has a lot of very good players, but they need stability in net & a bigger, tougher defence group that hit to hurt & are much harder to play against.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Goal Scoring UFA RW (to replace Giroux - if they draft Sennecke he could fit this role someday)
Ostapchuk - Greig - Giroux
Imama - Kastelic - MacEwan/Kelly

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - UFA RD - (Tanev like RD - if they draft Yakemchuk he could fit this role someday)
Kleven - JBD/Hamonic

Korpisalo - Better Stable Consistent Backup Goalie (not sure we have a good young goalie who has #1 potential, but we need one badly)

Y no jojo?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
@BondraTime, with you knowledge of the sens scouts and management, who do you think they will draft if it ended up between Dickinson or Buium?
I’ve got no clue with Sens management, and I only know 1 scout for the Sens and have not talked to him in a long, long time.

I’d wager they’d value Dickinson more, but that’s complete guesswork on their past tendencies, I’ve heard they liked Dickinson from 2nd hand people

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
25th pick? Perfect, Badinka or Elick will be available and after drafting Parekh 7th overall, our D pool will be set for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad