Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 15 5.3%

• Total voters

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
We need quality. Trading down is stupid. Trade up, not down.

The only assets ID try to move would be Matheson, Struble or Harris. Matheson could be shopped for NJDs pick, whom I believe they should try to move and I'm not sure the other three get us in the first round, though Romanov did and I view Romanov and Struble as similar quality.

Draft whoever you want at 5 and go with it. Sennecke isn't my pick and he seems to be another flavor of the week on this board. Realistically going Sennecke when one of Lindstrom, Demidov, Catton or Iginla is on yhe board would drive me mad but I can't deny he's a good prospect too.
NJ doesn't need Matheson at all, I think a Struble or Xhekaj are way more appealing to them

Perhaps Xhekaj and our late first can make it happen and they trade their 10th pick

I see a possibility there where if this is offered, both teams ponder accepting

If you love a Buium/Dickinson at 5 or 6 you might as well make that offer, make the pick and take a Sennecke if they love him at 10 or someone that falls hard

Reactions: Habs7631

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Obviously I’ve never heard those conversations but I’d bet the GM holding the pick will 100% not trade with you if you don’t tell him who you want to move up for.

If you don’t want to tell me why you’re moving up I’m assuming it’s because you want to draft the guy that I want as well. Otherwise why won’t you tell me?

Also is there any example of a GM lying in that scenario? I wonder how bad it would be if a GM moved up and said I’m taking this guy and then took another (probably the guy the team with the original pick wanted).
Probably as bad as the offersheet thing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
NJ doesn't need Matheson at all, I think a Struble or Xhekaj are way more appealing to them

Perhaps Xhekaj and our late first can make it happen and they trade their 10th pick

I see a possibility there where if this is offered, both teams ponder accepting

If you love a Buium/Dickinson at 5 or 6 you might as well make that offer, make the pick and take a Sennecke if they love him at 10 or someone that falls hard
Marino-Graves was like one of the best pairing in the league, I'm sure Matheson could have a similar impact with Marino.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
People said exactly the same thing about Romanov. Now he's a super solid top 4.

Who was saying it though? I always liked Romanov, so that’s not surprising to me at all.

As a GM I get the gamble on Romanov, on Struble I don’t really see it. I’ll be happy to be wrong some day?

All I'm gonna say is if Sennecke keeps this up, prepare for him to be in convo at the combine for the Habs
I would hope so, he’s a very intriguing prospect.

This is one of those years I wish we had another early pick because there’s quite a few guys I’d take a flyer on.

I felt the same in 2019 when Caufield and Newhook were still on the board, low and behold we ended up with them anyways :laugh:

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Sennecke for me would be a no no matter what he is showing in the playoff. If we can get another top 10-15 pick, alright, but lets pass the late riser and go with a guy who has had a good year with a good sample all year long.

Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Helenius, Buium, Levshunov, etc. I am beginning to be sold on Helenius at our spot if the first 3 forwards arent there.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'd say exactly that if they asked me about playing (and living) in Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Philly, New York, Colombus, LA, Carolina, Sunrise, and Buffalo. Miss me with these shitty ass cities bro I ain't living there.
New York, London, Paris are the trifecta of greatness in this present world IMO

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sennecke for me would be a no no matter what he is showing in the playoff. If we can get another top 10-15 pick, alright, but lets pass the late riser and go with a guy who has had a good year with a good sample all year long.

Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Helenius, Buium, Levshunov, etc. I am beginning to be sold on Helenius at our spot if the first 3 forwards arent there.
It’s not just about the playoffs, which is extremely impressive. Just watch him full stop. Not a lot of 6’3 forwards with that speed and skill.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Trifecta of filth, more like.

Also don't you find it weird that your favorite cities in the world, which you deem "perfect", are all in the western hemisphere and in the global north?
Nope - all tremendously heterogeneous/ multicultural & incredible urban vibe from their own perspectives

I personally love NYC, go their at least one a month, can’t get enough of it

Reactions: Habs Icing

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
After seeing the playoffs Hughes and Gorton made the right choices with Slafkovsky and Reinbacher.

Guhle Reinbacher Mailloux Xhekaj will be our playoffs horses. Hutson and Matheson will be our offensive defensemen. Sprinkle Struble and Harris to fill out our group.

I don’t see a future here for Barron. Too early to tell for Engstrom.

But in the playoffs. Guhle Reinbacher Mailloux and Xhekaj will shutdown everyone.

Reactions: Expos94

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nice woke terms like “global north.”
It's not woke at all, global south was a term coined in the 70s and picked up by anglo-saxon critical geographers. It's a more exact term than first, second and third world countries because well... the 2nd world doesn't exist anymore. It is however pretty easy to see a rift between the north and southern hemisphere in terms of economics and culture.

Generally calling something woke makes you look like a dork though.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
It's not woke at all, global south was a term coined in the 70s and picked up by anglo-saxon critical geographers. It's a more exact term than first, second and third world countries because well... the 2nd world doesn't exist anymore. It is however pretty easy to see a rift between the north and southern hemisphere in terms of economics and culture.

Generally calling something woke makes you look like a dork though.
There are so many poor countries in the northern hemisphere. All of SE Asia, most of central asia, North Korea, India. During the 70s you could also include China and South Korea.

The real issue is that most of the land mass of earth is in the North. Blame plate tectonics!

Winnipeg just get eliminated, where Habs pick with Jets pick?
Have to wait until at least the end of the next round to get an idea.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There are so many poor countries in the northern hemisphere. All of SE Asia, most of central asia, North Korea, India. During the 70s you could also include China and South Korea.

The real issue is that most of the land mass of earth is in the North. Blame plate tectonics!

Have to wait until at least the end of the next round to get an idea.
That's why the term exists. It excludes SK, australia and NZ and Japan from "south ". And includes everything that is African, SA, etc. It's a broad term to englobe countries that were once considered "third world".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad