Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 56 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.6%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What would you think if they got Hage as their 2nd top 6 draftee in the first round? Virtually a given that they’ll land a forward with the 5 OA.

I’d love to see moves like this to start addressing the paucity of forwards in the system. Unless someone better than Hage drops to them somehow.
Hage is probably going to be gone by 26th. Habs have to get another 10-15 pick really (or better, but that might be harder, or more expensive).

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Other than the fact that Iggy isn't a pest on the ice, isn't very physical and doesn't fight, yea they are pretty similar...

:sarcasm:

Ironically, Lindholm is the closest thing to Brady Tkachuk at the top of this draft.
And there father played in the NHL

Iginla is more like Timo Meier

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
And there father played in the NHL

Iginla is more like Timo Meier
Which is a good example of the issue with drafting wingers with top picks.

High end wingers are always available on the trade market or UFA (Reinhart will be this year).

It's the top 6 centers and the top pairing dmen that are rarely on the market. You have to draft them if you want them.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Hage is probably going to be gone by 26th. Habs have to get another 10-15 pick really (or better, but that might be harder, or more expensive).

They could use some of the 2025 extra-picks (CGY/FLA 1st rounder, PIT 2nd rounder) in addition to the WPG+COL 2024 picks to incentivize a team to trade down. Then again, who knows if Hughes & Gorton are willing to overpay that much.​

Reactions: Habs7631

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
They could use some of the 2025 extra-picks (CGY/FLA 1st rounder, PIT 2nd rounder) in addition to the WPG+COL 2024 picks to incentivize a team to trade down. Then again, who knows if Hughes & Gorton are willing to overpay that much.​
habs have 7 picks in the 1st three rounds next year

5 this year

Reactions: Runner77 and Leto

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017

If a team is willing, I’d trade next years extra picks and overpay to get another pick in the top 15 range.

Walking away with two of

Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla/Catton/Iginla/Helenius/Eiserman/MBN/Sennecke

Levshunov/Buium/Dickinson/Buium/Parekh

would set us up for a long time.

We already have a good prospect pool and a lot of assets, I think it’s time to consolidate them.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Oddly enough I'd feel more comfortable with Iginla at C than Lindstrom. I think he generates offense better from the middle, usually opts to carry the puck through the middle of the ice, and would be excellent at supporting deep in the defensive zone along the boards.

My major knock on him is his skating, but I think a skating coach and some strength training can turn that around within a couple years.

Levshunov is really tough to evaluate. With his work ethic and natural tools he looks like he could be a number 1, but each time I've watched him, I come away thinking he'd be much better as a number 3.

Somewhat ironically, I think you could find some very good stylistic pairing matches with the top 6 D in the draft.

Silayev-Parekh
Buium-Levshunov
Dickinson-Yakemchuk
His edge work I find to be quite impressive actually, but agree his speed and stride could use some work.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
habs have 7 picks in the 1st three rounds next year

5 this year
Nice to see all the future picks. The Leafs currently have 0 picks in the first 4 rounds for next years draft and only 1 in the first 3 rounds this year, their 1st round pick.

They could recoup a pick or 2 for next years draft when/if they trade Mitchy Boy after July 1st and after his 7.25m bonus is paid.

• Love
Reactions: HuGo Sham

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Nice to see all the future picks. The Leafs currently have 0 picks in the first 4 rounds for next years draft and only 1 in the first 3 rounds this year, their 1st round pick.

They could recoup a pick or 2 for next years draft when/if they trade Mitchy Boy after July 1st and after his 7.25m bonus is paid.
They struck gold with Cowan last year who is a better forward prospect than anyone we have.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If a team is willing, I’d trade next years extra picks and overpay to get another pick in the top 15 range.

Walking away with two of

Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla/Catton/Iginla/Helenius/Eiserman/MBN/Sennecke

Levshunov/Buium/Dickinson/Buium/Parekh

would set us up for a long time.

We already have a good prospect pool and a lot of assets, I think it’s time to consolidate them.

I'd keep the 2025 picks. It's looking like a pretty good draft itself.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Which is a good example of the issue with drafting wingers with top picks.

High end wingers are always available on the trade market or UFA (Reinhart will be this year).

It's the top 6 centers and the top pairing dmen that are rarely on the market. You have to draft them if you want them.
Well we could always pick a center who ends up on the wing anyways. :sarcasm:

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad