Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
as a spurs fan get us toney eze / world class 6 back up defence cbs /lb/rb sell :davies emerson hog

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
it would be a loss of value to sell him at this point. No one who wants him likely has any money.
I think this is part of it.

The other part of it is LFC have no one else that does what he does, and that Slot should get a chance with him.

That being said, we need to add someone this summer that can push him/do what he does so we aren’t reliant on him if he is in a slump again. That player is not going to be an internal solution unless you want to just give the keys to Jayden Danns and pray; which they might. Which you know would be a great story and there is some logic to doing, but the last thing they need for that role is another project. I guess you could run Gakpo there, but he isn’t exactly going to be able to push the line back like Darwin does and would rather see him wide (or maybe supporting as a 10) anyway

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know much about the squad... but I think it will likely be clear when players start to come back from the Euros. Likely will see players in and out around that time.

Before, no idea.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We'll give you 50M and a ceremonial lever pull for either of them.
I don’t know, Chelsea can offer them a real lever

I do think FDJ is as obvious for Arsenal this summer as Rice was last summer

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Gavi has a style of play his body isn't built for and la Masia churns out one Gavi every two years. We should sell high now.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don’t know, Chelsea can offer them a real lever

I do think FDJ is as obvious for Arsenal this summer as Rice was last summer
I'd be happy with FDJ, but his current wages are far too high for us.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd be happy with FDJ, but his current wages are far too high for us.
Maybe? But if Arsenal just says F it we need to get the best team fit at all costs, he’s probably the one at the top of the list

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A couple of formerly highly touted English centerbacks in Bournemouth's Lloyd Kelly and Fulham's Tosin have just become free agents. Another interesting player who's finished his contract is Luxemburg's Xavi, Leandro Barreiro from Mainz. Andre Gomes was also let go from Everton, in case anyone is interested in the worst ever player who played 70+ games for Barcelona.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Low Bar Link of the day has some Dutch and Belgian sources linking Johan Bakayoko to LFC.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Does not matter for Gavi, he should never leave the club.

For De Jong? 75-80M

EXACTLY. Gavi goes nowhere. Blasphemous really.

As for Frenkie, I can see an argument if it’s a financial one, but plenty of other players I’d rather offload first and they’re not just dead wood guys either.

Gavi has a style of play his body isn't built for and la Masia churns out one Gavi every two years. We should sell high now.

Looks as though you’re drinking again, like when you said we were interested in Greenwood. We don’t churn out Gavi’s every two years and he’s one of the last players we should sell.

They may chunk Pedris, but Gavi's they do not.

Can't believe I'm reading this hot take. They should sell high on Pedri if anything

Would make more sense considering @luiginb ’s reasoning, but again, wouldn’t cash in on Pedri.

We can't take the win for Pedri, he was developed in the Canary Islands. We need 100 mil, played without Gavi all year and he's playing in a position of strength of ours. I'm just worried we're going to end up with another Fati situation on our hands.

Pedri is more likely to be a Fati situation. Again though, we have plenty of other players we can offload first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad