WC: 2024 Team USA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We needed a challenge and we got one. Most of this was self inflicted as the cross checking and lazy trips has to stop..This team should be skating laps around these guys..but we scored the goals we needed to, defense bent but didn't break. It wasn't pretty but this win can go a long way overall.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lindgren hasn't played in weeks and it showed. I am not confident in net with either him or Ned...not sure what the staff does here, but it wouldn't surprise me if they roll with Lindgren.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Too many lazy phases in every game. This cannot continue against Switzerland or Czechia.

Today we witnessed another IIHF referee shitshow. Impossible to get even a half entertaining game.

It's hard to see that there are chances for more than bronze this year. Goalies don't take a single big save.

Lindgren hasn't played in weeks and it showed. I am not confident in net with either him or Ned...not sure what the staff does here, but it wouldn't surprise me if they roll with Lindgren.

If they trusted Nedeljkovic, they wouldn't have brought Lindgren. Maybe it's a bit harsh based on one game, but in this tournament you have to be ready to play from the start. Lindgren didn't convince me any more than in the playoffs, but he will definitely start in the QF.

Reactions: AmericanDream

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
We needed a challenge and we got one. Most of this was self inflicted as the cross checking and lazy trips has to stop..This team should be skating laps around these guys..but we scored the goals we needed to, defense bent but didn't break. It wasn't pretty but this win can go a long way overall.
Latvia is sneaky at the IIHF World Championship.

Quarter matchup will be Czechia if Swiss win (regulation or OT/Shooutout) against Finland, or Switzerland if Switzerland loses (regulation or OT/Shootut) against Finland. TBD if they'll be in early or late slot on Thursday (10:20 am ET or 2:20 pm ET).

Last edited:

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Hoping Finland can pull it off against Switzerland. Czechia will be a tough out imo.

Dostal is a stud, and they have some real firepower with Pasta, Necas, and Palat.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Quarter matchup will be Czechia if Swiss win (regulation or OT/Shooutout) against Finland, or Switzerland if Switzerland loses (regulation or OT/Shootut) against Finland. TBD if they'll be in early or late slot on Thursday (10:20 am ET or 2:20 pm ET).
neither option is enticing in a first round match. I guess I would rather not face the home crowd here with Czechia and say bring on the Swiss. But the Swiss always plays the US extremely hard- any way you slice it, it will be tough...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
neither option is enticing in a first round match. I guess I would rather not face the home crowd here with Czechia and say bring on the Swiss. But the Swiss always plays the US extremely hard- any way you slice it, it will be tough...
Czechia also brought in big time (2nd round exit) ringers late in Necas, Pastrnak and Zacha so they got a squad now.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Hoping Finland can pull it off against Switzerland. Czechia will be a tough out imo.

Dostal is a stud, and they have some real firepower with Pasta, Necas, and Palat.

In my opinion, Switzerland is just as tough an opponent.

I'm not buying the Dostal hype train. In my opinion, one of the most overrated goalie in a while.

Reactions: Summer Rose

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
In my opinion, Switzerland is just as tough an opponent.

I'm not buying the Dostal hype train. In my opinion, one of the most overrated goalie in a while.
Watching the Swiss vs Fins now - Swiss is clearly a one line team...Josi does everything out there, but they play pretty sound hockey. They have talent and will be a pain. Like you said, this matchup doesn't make me feel good if we play against them either. That is why it matters to get that #1 seed.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Watching the Swiss vs Fins now - Swiss is clearly a one line team...Josi does everything out there, but they play pretty sound hockey. They have talent and will be a pain. Like you said, this matchup doesn't make me feel good if we play against them either. That is why it matters to get that #1 seed.

It is usually more difficult already in QF compared to juniors. Finland has been miserable, but I wouldn't want to face them either. Always improves for the playoffs and especially against us.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

So... The U.S. plays the Swiss unless the Swiss beat Finland in regulation - and then the U.S. will play Czechia.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
So... The U.S. plays the Swiss unless the Swiss beat Finland in regulation - and then the U.S. will play Czechia.
Swiss is up 2-0, so it's looking pretty likely it'll be Czechia, unless the Finns (who have nothing to play for) come back.

Even number 4 seed is Finland though, who likes to play rope-a-dope and then go on a run in the playoffs.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Is it now that our boys have to travel to Prague because the Czechia is the host?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad