Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Sun, May 19 | vs TB | 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT | Civale vs Manoah

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looks like Bo is about to go an absolute heater too. No way he finishes the season with the numbers you see now. He is going on a heater to get his numbers closer to where they should be. I think yesterday was just the start for him.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Looks like Bo is about to go an absolute heater too. No way he finishes the season with the numbers you see now. He is going on a heater to get his numbers closer to where they should be. I think yesterday was just the start for him.
I think it's safer to say that he has already started his heater.

Since May 10th, he's rocking a .382/.447/.588.

Over that same span, Guerrero and Jansen have similar numbers, then the wRC+ of the rest are 80 (Varsho), 111 (Schneider), 197 (Vogelbach), 127 (KK), 72 (Kirk), 71 (Springer), 39 (IKF), 34 (Biggio), 1 (Clement) and 0 for 23 with 0BB (Turner)

The best case lineup for today (assuming Jano is catching) would be something like:

Schneider
Jansen
Vlad
Bo
Vogelbach
Springer
Varsho
(whoever happens to be played 3B)
KK

Reactions: Discoverer

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I think it's safer to say that he has already started his heater.

Since May 10th, he's rocking a .382/.447/.588.

Over that same span, Guerrero and Jansen have similar numbers, then the wRC+ of the rest are 80 (Varsho), 111 (Schneider), 197 (Vogelbach), 127 (KK), 72 (Kirk), 71 (Springer), 39 (IKF), 34 (Biggio), 1 (Clement) and 0 for 23 with 0BB (Turner)

The best case lineup for today (assuming Jano is catching) would be something like:

Schneider
Jansen
Vlad
Bo
Vogelbach
Springer
Varsho
(whoever happens to be played 3B)
KK
Facing a tough lefty, I would put Turner in for Vogelbach and make sure Clement is at 3B. I wouldn't even be against KK on the bench and IKF in the lineup. Something like:

LF Schneider
C Jansen
1B Vlad
SS Bo
DH Turner
RF Springer
3B Clement
CF Varsho
2B IKF

As much as Turner has fallen off, he's still destroying lefties this year, so you might as well have him in the lineup tonight. If I had any faith in Turner to play a half-decent 3B, I would put him there, leave IKF out, have Kirk catch and Jansen DH. But... I don't.

Based on what Schneider usually does, though, I'll guess what we actually get looks more like:

LF Schneider
DH Turner
1B Vlad
SS Bo
RF Springer
C Kirk
CF Varsho
2B IKF
3B Clement

Not terrible, just a couple weird choices that make the lineup worse. That seems to be his strategy.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Facing a tough lefty, I would put Turner in for Vogelbach and make sure Clement is at 3B. I wouldn't even be against KK on the bench and IKF in the lineup. Something like:

LF Schneider
C Jansen
1B Vlad
SS Bo
DH Turner
RF Springer
3B Clement
CF Varsho
2B IKF

As much as Turner has fallen off, he's still destroying lefties this year, so you might as well have him in the lineup tonight. If I had any faith in Turner to play a half-decent 3B, I would put him there, leave IKF out, have Kirk catch and Jansen DH. But... I don't.

Based on what Schneider usually does, though, I'll guess what we actually get looks more like:

LF Schneider
DH Turner
1B Vlad
SS Bo
RF Springer
C Kirk
CF Varsho
2B IKF
3B Clement

Not terrible, just a couple weird choices that make the lineup worse. That seems to be his strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad