WC: 2024 World Championship general discussion

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Some thoughts

Canada is rolling and looks great
Same for Sweden
Slovakia will be a tough out... They can shorten their bench in third and run a damn good D
Swiss look very good and Fiala has been one of the best forwards in tourney IMO
Whitehorse workhorse is a problem
US have been easily cruising for a little while now
Finland hasn't been up to their standard but ask me on Friday morning as I've seen this before.. curious if Granlund gets suspended
I haven't seen much of Germany but they are very well coached and think they will be a hard out as well
I expect all 4 quarters to be close
Whoever wins this will not have an easy draw and will definitely deserve it

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
looks like we are breaking the IIHF WC attendance record once again this year: 688,851 after 56 completed games; the current IIHF attendance record from the WC 2015 in Prague being 741,690. hats off to the Czech fans - world champion of hearts already!

Last edited:

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
looks like we are breaking the IIHF WC attendance record once again this year: 688 851 after 56 completed games; the current IIHF attendance record from the WC 2015 in Prague being 741,690. hats off to the Czech fans - world champion of hearts already!
Potential at the moment is 120k people, it will be close but I believe we can go over 800k.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If Canada wins who are the potential opponents in the semis?

Teams are re-seeded for the semifinals based on how they finished in the round robin, rather than it being a fixed bracket, so it could be just about anyone. However, if there are no "upsets" then Canada would play Switzerland in the semifinal, I believe.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Teams are re-seeded for the semifinals based on how they finished in the round robin, rather than it being a fixed bracket, so it could be just about anyone. However, if there are no "upsets" then Canada would play Switzerland in the semifinal, I believe.
Yup.

I'm not sure how I feel about "reseeding". All too often, teams play teams in the semis they've already played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad